Programmer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Send a message via Skype™ to briddell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindo View Post

As human beings we like to surround ourselves with things we don't need XD. I've saved up and worked my ass off to get the money to buy a new rig. I want the best smile.gif; and I don't want a board that will slow me down. Even though most high end boards are practically neck to neck when it comes to pure performance, the asrock or RIVE don't completely fall off or go headstrong against eachother do they? if not then I'm just going with the asrock. Black goes with almost any color, especially red (which my sound card and Direct CU 2s will be sporting); but not so red that LED lights can't fix it biggrin.gif

Thanks alot for the replies! This is gonna be a big rig for me, and I don't want to disappoint myself and the people that were able to set me up for it ;D

Getting the Asrock just for the looks, if you'll be matching it with ROG cards, doesn't make much sense. I'd just get the RIVE to match the ROG 780s. PLX chips are a tricky subject. I see no point in them regardless, seeing as you are bottlenecked by the 40 PCIe lanes of SB-E anyway, you're just creatively sharing the, but if you really think that is worth $200 more, go ahead.

Don't forget that Ivy Bridge E is coming out soon and will be priced almost identically to SB-E. I'd get it for native PCIe 3.0, if I were you smile.gif
Shindo likes this.

Quote:
If you can't run, you walk. If you can't walk, you crawl. If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you.
~Malcolm Reyonlds~
Quote:
Ignorance is the prison that the people are kept it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by briddell View Post

Getting the Asrock just for the looks, if you'll be matching it with ROG cards, doesn't make much sense. I'd just get the RIVE to match the ROG 780s. PLX chips are a tricky subject. I see no point in them regardless, seeing as you are bottlenecked by the 40 PCIe lanes of SB-E anyway, you're just creatively sharing the, but if you really think that is worth $200 more, go ahead.

Don't forget that Ivy Bridge E is coming out soon and will be priced almost identically to SB-E. I'd get it for native PCIe 3.0, if I were you smile.gif

hmm so end of the day, the asrock isn't gonna die down to other boards right? it all comes down to that wink.gif
post #13 of 15 Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 PM
MORE POWER!!!

Liked: 430
Depends what you mean by die down...

IN HONOR OF SYRILLIAN, R.I.P. frown.gif
ASUS ROG Rampage IV Black Owners Club || PNW Overclockers Club

BMW TJ07 Build Log -- The Ultimate Cooling Machine
Deafboy's Rack
2 year anniversary In Remembrance of a Great - RIP Syrillian
What it means to max a game out (Click to show)
1) All in game settings are as high as they can go, AA include, EVERY setting is MAXED out.
2) Average FPS matches or exceeds the max refresh rate of your monitors, ideally I'd like to say minimum matches but that's just near impossible to guarantee.
3) Game is being played at the native resolution of your monitor(s)**

**can be said that you are maxing a game out at __ resolution as long as you state that resolution and pass the first 2 criteria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 08-09-2013, 11:56 PM

Liked: 50
It's a tough decision man. I think you would like the extreme 11. It's a nice board. In the end it will do the same and maybe a little more than the Asus for less money. I've built many Asrock systems and they have been great. I did loose a usb controller on a x79 Champion, but RMA was smooth and painless. It was sad to have had to RMA the board for just loosing one of the TI chips. It happens though.
Shindo likes this.

Look here before buying a PSU.
My old school Heatware.
post #15 of 15 Old 08-10-2013, 02:44 AM

Liked: 3
I am in your position also, and i own the Rampage and i am switching to the extreme 11 for my new build as i am having trouble with the rampage. Having said that, if you choose to get the rampage you probably wont have an issue. My rampage issue is a personal thing and probably wont happen to you.I am going for the extreme 11 because i like the idea of all those sata 6gb ports for my optical drives and also buisness work. I like my games also and the extreme 11 is also a good board for that. If you just want the computer mainly for gaming well i would get the rampage and save some money.If you want both the games and business side of things the extreme would be my pick due to the options. Also i am going to go the extreme 11 due to my lack of computer knoweledge and maybe i can learn a thing or two as i have never owned a board other than the rampage.It will be a good experience for me and will be worth the money just for the knoweledge on how other boards work.thumb.gif
Shindo likes this.

I'm not always right but i'm never wrong

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page