post #9711 of 10653 Old 07-13-2016, 02:29 AM
Programmer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artah View Post

Definitely. There is a few types of cases that they make that's smaller. Take a peek at their website. You might find something there that catches your eye.
I was eyeing the square one with the horizontal motherboard tray. Mercury S8 or something, I believe? That'll probably be my next case after the Air 540.

PC: i7 6800K @ 4.4GHz | NVIDIA TITAN Xp @ 2050 MHz | ASUS RVE10 | 32GB Trident Z RGB CL14 3200MHz | 500GB 960 EVO | EVGA 1000P2 | Enthoo Luxe TG | EK Loop 360+240 |
Periph: Acer Predator X34A | Dell U2711 | '95 IBM Model M | Roccat Tyon |
Audio: Dali Zensor 1 | Dali Sub E-12F | Onkyo TX-NR656 |
Laptop: HP ZBook 17 G2 | i7 4910MQ | 32GB DDR3 1600 | NVIDIA Quadro K5100M | 512GB M.2 SSD | 512GB SATA SSD | DreamColor 10bit IPS |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9712 of 10653 Old 07-13-2016, 05:38 AM

Liked: 0
Hey guys,

I have a small problem and I'd love some help from you guys, since you know alot more than me about this board...

So my problem is the Wifi on this board. While gaming, I constantly have lag - my ping goes up to 200, stays for a second, and goes back to normal. And that happens every 5 - 10 seconds.

I know, this could be caused by a number of things: Router, connection or just my internet.

Now, even though my internet is pretty bad, I always make sure I have nothing else open while gaming, so thats definetily not the problem here. I also have software that montiors and blocks any outgoing connection while gaming, so thats 100% not the problem.

connection - My router is like 3 meters away from my PC. It always has full reception, so that cant be the problem.

And heres the weird thing: The PC downstairs, that has these external USB Wifi sticks, is connected to my wifi Repeater and never has lag. Like perfectly stable connection, nothing.

So it gotta be either the settings on my windows or the drivers. I only installed that basic wifi driver from the asus website, so maybe I need something different.

What could I do?
post #9713 of 10653 Old 07-13-2016, 06:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artah View Post

I had two of those S8s at one time, they are awesome and working on them is easy when you want to pull parts out like your cpu or video cards out. Really nice to display those video cards with that case.

So I started to work on OCing the new 6950x CPU a bit. I got it to 4.5GHz @ 1.350v, passed initial tests on XTU but eventually crashed after a while. I dialed it down to 4.3 for now and give it a few for the silicon to bake then will try again with more careful settings. I kept the CPU input to 1.904v. Max temp I was getting on 4.5 was 74-88c. It was mostly 74-75c but once in a while would spike to 84-88c.

passing XTU with 1.35V for 4.5 GHz (assuming AVX is also at 4.5?) is a very good sign! looks to be a 10% chip. thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9714 of 10653 Old 07-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaTommy View Post

Hey guys,

I have a small problem and I'd love some help from you guys, since you know alot more than me about this board...

So my problem is the Wifi on this board. While gaming, I constantly have lag - my ping goes up to 200, stays for a second, and goes back to normal. And that happens every 5 - 10 seconds.

I know, this could be caused by a number of things: Router, connection or just my internet.

Now, even though my internet is pretty bad, I always make sure I have nothing else open while gaming, so thats definetily not the problem here. I also have software that montiors and blocks any outgoing connection while gaming, so thats 100% not the problem.

connection - My router is like 3 meters away from my PC. It always has full reception, so that cant be the problem.

And heres the weird thing: The PC downstairs, that has these external USB Wifi sticks, is connected to my wifi Repeater and never has lag. Like perfectly stable connection, nothing.

So it gotta be either the settings on my windows or the drivers. I only installed that basic wifi driver from the asus website, so maybe I need something different.

What could I do?
Antivirus software maybe? Go to a command prompt and type in netstat -e and check if you have physical errors. Also temporally move the USB wifi stick upstairs and see if you get lag with it. You already double checked the antenna connectors?
post #9715 of 10653 Old 07-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTesla1856 View Post

I was eyeing the square one with the horizontal motherboard tray. Mercury S8 or something, I believe? That'll probably be my next case after the Air 540.
I would still recommend it and if you want a smaller one that supports mITX/mATX only there is the S5 that is also horizontal. You can always put a CPU cooler that's 2x120mm AIO radiator on the top to fill the void. If you ever plan on liquid cooling one day or cooling your GPU with AIO hybrid coolers or maybe the ek predator series, I would strongly recommend the S8 instead to make things easier. Keep in mind that the S8 is very wide compared to other cases out there so make sure you measure where you plan to put it. If it was me I would choose the S8 simply because I might get the urges to liquid cool then I'm all set so it's future proofing for an extra 130-150 bucks difference unless cost is a factor. Both can be upgraded with a pedestal though to put your rads down there if you want at a later time. One thing for sure CaseLabs quality does not disappoint at all for me, I just think it's the best modular high quality case on the planet. When I was first looking I was doing Google searches for "solid computer case" and such and that's how I ran into a post of CaseLabs and from there it was over.
post #9716 of 10653 Old 07-17-2016, 12:14 PM
News Fiend

Liked: 7
Gave up in frustration attempting to register on the Asus ROG forums with all the redirects. Hopefully someone might be able to help me here.

I have an original Rampage V, running the latest BIOS, 3202, and the latest version of AISuite - 1.02.40. (Perhaps this is a bad idea, if so, let me know)

For some reason my PWM fans aren't spinning up properly and following their assigned profiles, even if doing something extreme such as shown in the picture here. They always spin at the minimum value set no matter what.

Should I just downgrade my version of AISuite? Honestly I can't remember if this is something I've encountered before. The fans are as in my sig rig.

edit: Ah okay, on some further inspection, the fans don't seem to spin up unless they are tied to the CPU temperature only. Selecting any of the other sources doesn't work.

Audio is half the experience
post #9717 of 10653 Old 07-17-2016, 12:18 PM
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael13 View Post

Gave up in frustration attempting to register on the Asus ROG forums with all the redirects. Hopefully someone might be able to help me here.

I have an original Rampage V, running the latest BIOS, 3202, and the latest version of AISuite - 1.02.40. (Perhaps this is a bad idea, if so, let me know)

For some reason my PWM fans aren't spinning up properly and following their assigned profiles, even if doing something extreme such as shown in the picture here. They always spin at the minimum value set no matter what.

Should I just downgrade my version of AISuite? Honestly I can't remember if this is something I've encountered before. The fans are as in my sig rig.
Did you go into the bios and changed it from DC to PWM control?
post #9718 of 10653 Old 07-17-2016, 01:18 PM

Liked: 1
Some days from now ill upgrade to 3202 (i have this weird rule of only upgrading a bios after 30 days with no new release) aniway everytime theres a new release i need to configure the bios all over again.

so i was wondering is there an option to check what is changed from the default values?
post #9719 of 10653 Old 07-20-2016, 06:52 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 37
Hey all ive got a weird issue with my R5E board and was hoping to get some help, first of all my specs
Win 10
R5E (original not 3.1 etc)
5930 K stock clock
32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
Titan X SC stock clock
SM951 512gb using the M.2 slot and Uefi
2x WD Black in Raid 1
EKWB Monoblock
Ax1200i

So on to the issue, a few months ago my computer would boot up and just sit a the windows loading screen with the circle not even showing up. I would simply cut the power using either the PSU switch or the button the front of the case and it would boot up like normal. some times it requires multiple times doing this.

This is telling me the computer is passing bios with no issues and its getting to the OS on the drive.

about a month after this started, the computer would never boot to windows, just sit with the windows loading screen. At this point I plugged in a CD drive, rebooted, and loaded windows 10 from the CD and do a system repair. Some times the repair would work, some times I would have to restore from the last backup (takes a long time btw)

So this has been the annoying but only happened during startup until now. For the last few weeks, when the computer has been running it will literally just shut off, wait one - two seconds then boot back up. This happens regardless if I am gaming or if im not even in the same room. I thought this may be PSU related as I would flip the switch on the PSU and I remember all the LEDs on the board would be out when it shuts off. I had the PSU replaced under RMA and still no effect.

I upgraded the Bios of the board to 3202 and its still doing it. The times are random and windows event log only shows that the system was shutdown un expectedly which tells me its something hardware related. Ive ran a mem test and memory all clears, ive dropped the bios back to different versions with no luck either. I thought this may be temperature related but all temps are fine and stay around 26-31C

Also, I was thinking of RMA'ing the board with asus but since I wanted to have the IO shield on the board with the water blocks I cut the heat pipe between the two. I assume this will void the warranty?

If so does anyone here have the mofset / io shield cover they would want to sell or let me barrow for a fee?

Im very close to just getting an edition 10 board and being done with it.

post #9720 of 10653 Old 07-20-2016, 07:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggu View Post

Hey all ive got a weird issue with my R5E board and was hoping to get some help, first of all my specs
Win 10
R5E (original not 3.1 etc)
5930 K stock clock
32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
Titan X SC stock clock
SM951 512gb using the M.2 slot and Uefi
2x WD Black in Raid 1
EKWB Monoblock
Ax1200i

So on to the issue, a few months ago my computer would boot up and just sit a the windows loading screen with the circle not even showing up. I would simply cut the power using either the PSU switch or the button the front of the case and it would boot up like normal. some times it requires multiple times doing this.

This is telling me the computer is passing bios with no issues and its getting to the OS on the drive.

about a month after this started, the computer would never boot to windows, just sit with the windows loading screen. At this point I plugged in a CD drive, rebooted, and loaded windows 10 from the CD and do a system repair. Some times the repair would work, some times I would have to restore from the last backup (takes a long time btw)

So this has been the annoying but only happened during startup until now. For the last few weeks, when the computer has been running it will literally just shut off, wait one - two seconds then boot back up. This happens regardless if I am gaming or if im not even in the same room. I thought this may be PSU related as I would flip the switch on the PSU and I remember all the LEDs on the board would be out when it shuts off. I had the PSU replaced under RMA and still no effect.

I upgraded the Bios of the board to 3202 and its still doing it. The times are random and windows event log only shows that the system was shutdown un expectedly which tells me its something hardware related. Ive ran a mem test and memory all clears, ive dropped the bios back to different versions with no luck either. I thought this may be temperature related but all temps are fine and stay around 26-31C

Also, I was thinking of RMA'ing the board with asus but since I wanted to have the IO shield on the board with the water blocks I cut the heat pipe between the two. I assume this will void the warranty?

If so does anyone here have the mofset / io shield cover they would want to sell or let me barrow for a fee?

Im very close to just getting an edition 10 board and being done with it.

are you running the ram at XMP or SPD?

More help here too: http://www.overclock.net/t/1510328/asus-x99-motherboard-series-official-support-thread-north-american-users-only/0_20

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page