ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North American users only) - Page 1298 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #12971 of 16156 Old 07-26-2016, 04:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgar View Post

Unbeliavably my Strix Gaming which I ordered yesterday with cheap shipping just got delivered! I guess it helped that it was shipped from Jersey to NYC, and not from CA. Goodbye X99-A, hello Strix! Now to go through the new board process ... again ...

See you in a day or two! thumb.gif

lol - enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12972 of 16156 Old 07-26-2016, 04:38 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolutional View Post

Mhm... first of all I wouldn't touch IBT with a barge pole for memory testing (or any other testing for that matter) on X99. I'd either install Linux Mint 18 and do "sudo apt install stressapptest", then "stressapptest -W -s 7200" and let that run for 2 hours (good gauge on stability overall), or let HCI memtest on Windows run up to 400%. Both of those are found in the thread relating to memory overclocking on the X99 platform in general: http://www.overclock.net/t/1569364/official-skylake-haswell-e-broadwell-e-24-7-ddr4-memory-stability-thread

I'd personally use Linux and stressapptest as it can usually find RAM errors quicker, and isolates the tested component to RAM itself (cache and core generally shouldn't affect stability with GSAT too much). Those two tools will allow you to tune your timings properly. If a set of timings worked on a previous BIOS, but fail to register correctly on the latest BIOS, it usually is down to being on the edge of stability. Sure you've lost potential by having to drop the timings, but you also hopefully have gained stability as is usually in the changelog for the BIOS updates on ASUS' website.

The IMC and PCH test failures are nothing to worry about as long as the system is stable. That can be chalked down to incompatibility with the Intel software and how ASUS exposes certain parts of the CPU to the OS. If it works, it's fine. The IPDT doesn't even list the Haswell-E series as compatible on the download page anyway.

IBT is not a memory testing tool.

@praz

I just wanted to give an update to the post I made in regards to the BIOS / Memory issue I was having with my X99 Deluxe U3.1 after upgrading to the newest 3101 BIOS that Asus released. It was indeed a BIOS issue and Asus acknowledged the issue and had me roll back to 2101 and it did fix the issue.

If anyone is having weird memory issues after upgrading to the 3101 BIOS, just go back to a previous one like Asus told me to and you'll be fine. They'll be fixing the " BIOS " issue soon I was told.
post #12973 of 16156 Old 07-26-2016, 06:07 PM

Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimbo View Post

Bios file can be found under the Other tab when selecting the OS.

Thank you,

Found a new X99-A II BIOS under 'Others'. smile.gif

KedarWolf -- i7 8700k@4.9GHZ CPU/4.7MHZ Cache - - CPU Adaptive 1.34v Additional Voltage - - VCCIO 1.2v --- SA 1.2375V ---- G.Skill Ripjaws 5 CL14 3200MHZ 17-17-17-39 2T @ 4133MHZ 1.46v
-- Maximus X Formula motherboard - - Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition XOC BIOS
- - 512GB 960 Pro M.2 System/Game Drive -- 2TB Western Digital Black storage drive. biggrin.gif
band.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12974 of 16156 Old 07-26-2016, 06:51 PM

Liked: 19

Well, look what showed up today. What am I going to do with my i7-5960X? I can go ahead and install this CPU and this damn monoblock, but it's going to be a while before my rig is ready to power on. I still need to run my acrylic lines, for both loops, but since I had everything setup and ready to roll, until I realized my rads were leaking, most of my tubing is already cut. I just need to cut a few more pieces for this monoblock, the pieces to connect with my different rads, and I decided to run the water line through the case divider behind the tops of my reservoirs and tie into my fill ports, which I can plug up once the reservoir is full enough.

I wonder how long it will be before a non-reference Titan X is available along with waterblocks for them? Anyone want to buy a 5960X? Kingston HyperX memory? Rampage V Extreme?

post #12975 of 16156 Old 07-26-2016, 06:54 PM

Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post

Well, look what showed up today. What am I going to do with my i7-5960X? I can go ahead and install this CPU and this damn monoblock, but it's going to be a while before my rig is ready to power on. I still need to run my acrylic lines, for both loops, but since I had everything setup and ready to roll, until I realized my rads were leaking, most of my tubing is already cut. I just need to cut a few more pieces for this monoblock, the pieces to connect with my different rads, and I decided to run the water line through the case divider behind the tops of my reservoirs and tie into my fill ports, which I can plug up once the reservoir is full enough.

I wonder how long it will be before a non-reference Titan X is available along with waterblocks for them? Anyone want to buy a 5960X? Kingston HyperX memory? Rampage V Extreme?
Crossing fingers for you for that one to be a good one, expensive little piece of silicon.
I don't recall ever seeing non ref Titan, did Nvidia remove the limitation on those nowadays? Oh free goodies, I'm up for it. biggrin.gif
post #12976 of 16156 Old 07-26-2016, 07:18 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post

How mutch for ram and cpu

post #12977 of 16156 Old 07-26-2016, 11:12 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post

Hello

Reseat the CPU. If no change there may be broken traces from the fall.

Tried it. Didn't work.

PC: Intel i7 5930K @ 4.6 Gigawatts | Asus X99 Deluxe | ASUS STRIX 1080 Ti @ 2050/12100 | ASUS PG279Q WQHD 165 Hz IPS | Samsung EVO 850 1 TB SSD | Samsung EVO 840 500 GB SSD | Samsung 830 256 GB SSD | WD 1TB 64 MB Black | WD 500 GB 16 MB | WD 250 GB 16 MB | Seagate 80 GB 8 MB | Corsair Dominator16 GB DDR4 2666 | Pioneer Blu Ray Burner | EVGA Supernova 1300W G2 | Corsair 760T Graphite | EK Predator 360 | Logitech G502 | Logitech 710+ Mechanical | Sennheiser HD598SE | JBL Charge 2
post #12978 of 16156 Old 07-27-2016, 12:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimir View Post

Crossing fingers for you for that one to be a good one, expensive little piece of silicon.
I don't recall ever seeing non ref Titan, did Nvidia remove the limitation on those nowadays? Oh free goodies, I'm up for it. biggrin.gif

There aren't any, and aren't likely to be. Blocks will be manufactured as always, though
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post

Tried it. Didn't work.

Seems like you've damaged something in that case
post #12979 of 16156 Old 07-27-2016, 12:56 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblantipodi View Post

I would like to congratulate with Asus.
It took two years to fix the BIOS QFAN problem but finally with 3101 BIOS they succeded in fixing this problem.
Today I want to congratulate again because they succeded in broken it again in only one new BIOS release (3301).

Two years to fix a problem and only one new bios release to broke it again.

Congratulations!

In addition to the broken recognition of DC vs PWM and the broken recognition of minimum rpm they succeeded in messing up even the maximum rpm. It's incredible.
My Corsair SP120 switched from 2400rpm to 2050rpm.

Congrats again Asus.

post #12980 of 16156 Old 07-27-2016, 09:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimbo View Post

Bios file can be found under the Other tab when selecting the OS.

Thank you,

Found a new X99-A II BIOS under 'Others'. smile.gif

Installed 801 on my X99A II as well , seems a little more stable but I haven't played much , though it did not stop my IMC error in IDPT

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page