Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 324 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3231 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 09:28 AM
1:14 Camera:People Ratio
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: On CCTV
Posts: 1,960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Hi all,

I've recently ordered (and will receive soon) an EP45-DS3P. I know it's not the same board this thread deals with, but I was hoping, perhaps somebody might be able to point me in the direction of a website or thread that could help me with overclocking my E6600 with it, as it appears to have lots of BIOS option related to overclocking and apart from the basics, I'm not too sure how best to configure it, or in-fact what many of them do .

I've searched OCN, but can't seem to find anything as good as this thread for the EP45-DS3P and to be honest, I can't find much at all regarding the motherboard... Google hasn’t been much help either, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Highly-Annoyed

.
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides .. Terrifying are the weaknesses of power. -Greek Proverb
----—-—-————————————————————————————————————————————————
exclamation.gifMy Favourite Windows XP Freeware Page . ...' ..'.exclamation.gif Wowza's Core 2 Duo Motherboard Analysis
----—-—-————————————————————————————————————————————————

Highly-Annoyed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3232 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 AM
4.0 GHz
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highly-Annoyed View Post
Hi all,

I've recently ordered (and will receive soon) an EP45-DS3P. I know it's not the same board this thread deals with, but I was hoping, perhaps somebody might be able to point me in the direction of a website or thread that could help me with overclocking my E6600 with it, as it appears to have lots of BIOS option related to overclocking and apart from the basics, I'm not too sure how best to configure it, or in-fact what many of them do .

I've searched OCN, but can't seem to find anything as good as this thread for the EP45-DS3P and to be honest, I can't find much at all regarding the motherboard... Google hasn’t been much help either, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Highly-Annoyed
P35-DS3L
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mai...l_6.html#sect0

EP45-DS3P
[url]http:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Highly-Annoyed likes this.

kpo6969 is offline  
post #3233 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 04:21 PM
1:14 Camera:People Ratio
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: On CCTV
Posts: 1,960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
P35-DS3L
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mai...l_6.html#sect0

EP45-DS3P
[url]http:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the links .

I don't suppose you, or anybody else, knows of something a bit more in-depth; a kind of overclocking guide for the EP45-DS3P? I'd really appreciate an overclocking related walk through for this board's BIOS as from what I've seen and read, it seems really quite more multifaceted than I'm used to .

I'll probably start a thread of my own for this, as I don't want to pollute yours any more with my (essentially) off-topic requests . I just posted here on the off-chance one of you guys might have come across a guide, or something similar for the EP45-DS3P, whilst reading up on the P35-DS3L .

Thanks!

Highly-Annoyed

.
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides .. Terrifying are the weaknesses of power. -Greek Proverb
----—-—-————————————————————————————————————————————————
exclamation.gifMy Favourite Windows XP Freeware Page . ...' ..'.exclamation.gif Wowza's Core 2 Duo Motherboard Analysis
----—-—-————————————————————————————————————————————————

Highly-Annoyed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3234 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Initializing
 
Anth0789's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 23,755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1545
Do you guys think I should Flash my BIOS with the new version for the EP35? (F5) =
Quote:
1. Support DES Advanced 2. Update CPU microcode(Support Intel Wolfdale/Yorkfield E0-stepping CPU)
Im not having any problems though.
Anth0789 is online now  
post #3235 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 10:19 PM
4.0ghz
 
Gauvenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth0789 View Post
Do you guys think I should Flash my BIOS with the new version for the EP35? (F5) =
Im not having any problems though.
I would say no flash. DES is useless if you're an overclocker, and you don't have an e0 cpu, so I say keep your current.
Anth0789 likes this.
Gauvenator is offline  
post #3236 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 05:36 AM
Commodore 64
 
Knex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Still having problems OCing my Q9450. It hardly gets to 3.2 now ( In the beginning, I got it to 3.3. Then, 3.25, and now, 3.2.) I think the board just doesn't juice the FSB and NB enough for a Q9450 to go pass 3.3. If there is any way to bypass this, i'd be happy to hear about it.

Regards, Knex.

Knex is offline  
post #3237 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 AM
4.0ghz
 
PGT96AJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Knex: I've read your posts in this thread and it seems like all you are doing is throwing FSB and nbridge voltage at your board. Now this may help CPU stability, it won't guarantee it. Overvolting 0.4V won't help too much either because the heatsinks on the board are not the greatest. Since your max OC is dropping, I am going to think that you are beginning to fry your board with overvolting that much on stock cooling.

The fact of the matter is that you need to raise your CPU voltage. You just keep saying "the 45nm cpu's need high FSB and nbridge voltage and low vcore". I don't know where you are getting this info from, and I don't have a 45nm cpu, but I don't think you are right. Sure the 45nm chips can run on "low voltage" but it is just low compared to the 65nm chips. Plus many people on this board run high FSB on this board without raising the voltage too much.
PGT96AJT is offline  
post #3238 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Commodore 64
 
Knex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello. First, I'm not on stock cooling. I am using a Thermalright IFX-14 w/ 2 120Mm fans, therefor I am not afraid to OC, since my Idle temps don't go over 30 with my current 3.2 OC. In my last post, I indeed stated my OC capabilities were slowly dropping. Well, I was mistaken. I simply missconfigured the memory timings, which caused instability. Trust me, and you can google it, the Intel 45Nm technology, requires huge amounts of FSB and NB voltages. And by huge, I mean HUGE. A Q9450 OC'd to 3.9 can run on 1.25 Vcore, but requires stunningly high Fsb and NB voltages.

Knex is offline  
post #3239 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 11:01 AM
4.0 GHz
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
My 2 cents on the DS3L, and the DS3L only.
Anything over +.01 FSB on this board you do at your own risk.
Proper MCH voltage with a fan on the NB will bring better results for memory stability.
Throwing huge voltage on a budget board is not wise for life expectancy.

kpo6969 is offline  
post #3240 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 PM
4.0ghz
 
Gauvenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knex View Post
Hello. First, I'm not on stock cooling. I am using a Thermalright IFX-14 w/ 2 120Mm fans, therefor I am not afraid to OC, since my Idle temps don't go over 30 with my current 3.2 OC. In my last post, I indeed stated my OC capabilities were slowly dropping. Well, I was mistaken. I simply missconfigured the memory timings, which caused instability. Trust me, and you can google it, the Intel 45Nm technology, requires huge amounts of FSB and NB voltages. And by huge, I mean HUGE. A Q9450 OC'd to 3.9 can run on 1.25 Vcore, but requires stunningly high Fsb and NB voltages.
45nm processors still need extra voltage to reach higher overclocks. That one running at 3.8 with 1.25v is an amazing chip. The fsb and mch only start to need more voltage around 1600fsb and up.

I suggest you set your vcore to 1.36v and see how much more success you will have. Then you can work your voltage down once you find your best overclock.
Gauvenator is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off