Forum Jump: 

post #3231 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 09:28 AM
1:14 Camera:People Ratio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Hi all,

I've recently ordered (and will receive soon) an EP45-DS3P. I know it's not the same board this thread deals with, but I was hoping, perhaps somebody might be able to point me in the direction of a website or thread that could help me with overclocking my E6600 with it, as it appears to have lots of BIOS option related to overclocking and apart from the basics, I'm not too sure how best to configure it, or in-fact what many of them do .

I've searched OCN, but can't seem to find anything as good as this thread for the EP45-DS3P and to be honest, I can't find much at all regarding the motherboard... Google hasn’t been much help either, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Highly-Annoyed

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides .. Terrifying are the weaknesses of power. -Greek Proverb
----—-—-————————————————————————————————————————————————
exclamation.gifMy Favourite Windows XP Freeware Page . ...' ..'.exclamation.gif Wowza's Core 2 Duo Motherboard Analysis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3232 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highly-Annoyed View Post
Hi all,

I've recently ordered (and will receive soon) an EP45-DS3P. I know it's not the same board this thread deals with, but I was hoping, perhaps somebody might be able to point me in the direction of a website or thread that could help me with overclocking my E6600 with it, as it appears to have lots of BIOS option related to overclocking and apart from the basics, I'm not too sure how best to configure it, or in-fact what many of them do .

I've searched OCN, but can't seem to find anything as good as this thread for the EP45-DS3P and to be honest, I can't find much at all regarding the motherboard... Google hasn’t been much help either, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Highly-Annoyed
P35-DS3L
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mai...l_6.html#sect0

EP45-DS3P
[url]http:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Highly-Annoyed likes this.

post #3233 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 04:21 PM
1:14 Camera:People Ratio

Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
P35-DS3L
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mai...l_6.html#sect0

EP45-DS3P
[url]http:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the links .

I don't suppose you, or anybody else, knows of something a bit more in-depth; a kind of overclocking guide for the EP45-DS3P? I'd really appreciate an overclocking related walk through for this board's BIOS as from what I've seen and read, it seems really quite more multifaceted than I'm used to .

I'll probably start a thread of my own for this, as I don't want to pollute yours any more with my (essentially) off-topic requests . I just posted here on the off-chance one of you guys might have come across a guide, or something similar for the EP45-DS3P, whilst reading up on the P35-DS3L .

Thanks!

Highly-Annoyed

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides .. Terrifying are the weaknesses of power. -Greek Proverb
exclamation.gifMy Favourite Windows XP Freeware Page . ...' ..'.exclamation.gif Wowza's Core 2 Duo Motherboard Analysis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3234 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Initializing

Liked: 1545
Do you guys think I should Flash my BIOS with the new version for the EP35? (F5) =
Quote:
1. Support DES Advanced 2. Update CPU microcode(Support Intel Wolfdale/Yorkfield E0-stepping CPU)
Im not having any problems though.
post #3235 of 4644 Old 08-17-2008, 10:19 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth0789 View Post
Do you guys think I should Flash my BIOS with the new version for the EP35? (F5) =
Im not having any problems though.
I would say no flash. DES is useless if you're an overclocker, and you don't have an e0 cpu, so I say keep your current.
Anth0789 likes this.
post #3236 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 05:36 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Still having problems OCing my Q9450. It hardly gets to 3.2 now ( In the beginning, I got it to 3.3. Then, 3.25, and now, 3.2.) I think the board just doesn't juice the FSB and NB enough for a Q9450 to go pass 3.3. If there is any way to bypass this, i'd be happy to hear about it.

Regards, Knex.

post #3237 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 79
Knex: I've read your posts in this thread and it seems like all you are doing is throwing FSB and nbridge voltage at your board. Now this may help CPU stability, it won't guarantee it. Overvolting 0.4V won't help too much either because the heatsinks on the board are not the greatest. Since your max OC is dropping, I am going to think that you are beginning to fry your board with overvolting that much on stock cooling.

The fact of the matter is that you need to raise your CPU voltage. You just keep saying "the 45nm cpu's need high FSB and nbridge voltage and low vcore". I don't know where you are getting this info from, and I don't have a 45nm cpu, but I don't think you are right. Sure the 45nm chips can run on "low voltage" but it is just low compared to the 65nm chips. Plus many people on this board run high FSB on this board without raising the voltage too much.
post #3238 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Hello. First, I'm not on stock cooling. I am using a Thermalright IFX-14 w/ 2 120Mm fans, therefor I am not afraid to OC, since my Idle temps don't go over 30 with my current 3.2 OC. In my last post, I indeed stated my OC capabilities were slowly dropping. Well, I was mistaken. I simply missconfigured the memory timings, which caused instability. Trust me, and you can google it, the Intel 45Nm technology, requires huge amounts of FSB and NB voltages. And by huge, I mean HUGE. A Q9450 OC'd to 3.9 can run on 1.25 Vcore, but requires stunningly high Fsb and NB voltages.

post #3239 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 11:01 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 493
My 2 cents on the DS3L, and the DS3L only.
Anything over +.01 FSB on this board you do at your own risk.
Proper MCH voltage with a fan on the NB will bring better results for memory stability.
Throwing huge voltage on a budget board is not wise for life expectancy.

post #3240 of 4644 Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knex View Post
Hello. First, I'm not on stock cooling. I am using a Thermalright IFX-14 w/ 2 120Mm fans, therefor I am not afraid to OC, since my Idle temps don't go over 30 with my current 3.2 OC. In my last post, I indeed stated my OC capabilities were slowly dropping. Well, I was mistaken. I simply missconfigured the memory timings, which caused instability. Trust me, and you can google it, the Intel 45Nm technology, requires huge amounts of FSB and NB voltages. And by huge, I mean HUGE. A Q9450 OC'd to 3.9 can run on 1.25 Vcore, but requires stunningly high Fsb and NB voltages.
45nm processors still need extra voltage to reach higher overclocks. That one running at 3.8 with 1.25v is an amazing chip. The fsb and mch only start to need more voltage around 1600fsb and up.

I suggest you set your vcore to 1.36v and see how much more success you will have. Then you can work your voltage down once you find your best overclock.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page