American made motherboards - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 AM
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 776
But.....even though they are assembled in the USA the components likely come from china. Also most PCB's come from china now.
Thats not to say they aren't good boards. However, if somethings made by machine theoretically it should be of the same quality regardless of origin.

I wish there were more USA/UK products on the market....but it doesn't necessarily mean better lifespan if the same components are used. I bought a UK made freeview box ... it broke within 1 month and now the company is insolvent. This is just one insance though

bulb.gifCan I Overclock My Brain?... All I Gotta Do Is Increase Its Stock Voltage bulb.gif
cheers.gifBritish Overclockers Club cheers.gif

ATi Clubs and Essential Threads - ATi Aftermarket Cooling Database - ATi Overclocking Guide - ATi Driver Guide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 04-01-2008, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeejunky View Post
But.....even though they are assembled in the USA the components likely come from china. Also most PCB's come from china now.
Thats not to say they aren't good boards. However, if somethings made by machine theoretically it should be of the same quality regardless of origin.

I wish there were more USA/UK products on the market....but it doesn't necessarily mean better lifespan if the same components are used. I bought a UK made freeview box ... it broke within 1 month and now the company is insolvent. This is just one insance though
I suppose it's possible that some of the components could come from another country and then assembled in the states. Many companies save money when they use components that aren't made here. I agree that theoretically these kinds of products should be of high quality regardless of where they come from, but a country like the US has the kind of industrial infrastructure and technological know-how that makes it possible to design and produce hardware of higher quality.

When I was a kid in Europe we had an Amstrad receiver for Sky TV. I don't know for sure if it was made in Britan but I remember that it was extremely fast.

There's another company, see bellow...

post #13 of 13 Old 04-01-2008, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Liked: 7
Corvalent is another company that makes MOBOs.

Quote from the company:

"In the area of Defense, Corvalent has no peer. American-made, our industrial boards and fully configured systems are designed for rigorous action. They’re tough enough for the most rugged conditions yet engineered to fit into small, delicate or stealth environments. Each design is simple with built-in flexibility. This enables Corvalent products to accept specialized and evolving electronics extending their utility over decades. For our Defense industry customers, the overall cost of ownership of integrating Corvalent products into their designs is lowered due to a longer life cycle and lower maintenance."

Q35ATX

Features:

Supports Intel® Pentium® 4 651, Intel® Celeron D 352, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4300, Celeron 440
Intel® Q35 Express chipset
1066/800/533 MHz Front Side Bus
Six (6) SATA2 (300MB/s) (supports RAID 0/1/5/10)
Eight (8) to Ten (10) Year Guaranteed Production

Picture

965ATX

Features:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4300, Intel® Pentium® 4 and Intel® Celeron® D 440 embedded processors
Intel® Q965 Express chipset
1066/800/533 MHz Front Side Bus
Six (6) SATA2 (300MB/s) RAID

Picture

965MTX

Features:

Intel® Core® 2 Duo E6400, Intel® Core® 2 Duo E4300, Intel® Pentium® 4 and Celeron® D 440 embedded processors
Intel® Q965 Express chipset
1066/800/533MHz Front Side Bus
Six (6) Serial ATA II (300MB/s) RAID

Picture

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page