Motherboard limit my overclocking? - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 20 Old 06-02-2008, 02:00 AM
Amiga 500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 191
i would give your ram no more than 2.1v for 24/7 use but i have been known to give ram 2.4v in the past to run some benchmarks

try smaller steps too, 410 first then 420 430 and so on till you find the limits of your ram before increasing the voltage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 06-02-2008, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter
3.0ghz

Liked: 12
I've managed to pull off a 425 mhz fsb leaving with a 3.4 ghz clock. My ram voltage is 1.90 and my cpu voltage is 1.37. I've tested this configuration with orthos and memtest and it works stably while achieving an (oddly) cool cpu running at around 49c max at load. As said before, i could not achieve the 3.6 ghz but i feel like i still have tons of room to overclock. Does anyone know how i can reach this goal or is it not possible for me?

gunner2.gif
post #13 of 20 Old 06-02-2008, 04:25 AM
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

Liked: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs101 View Post
I've managed to pull off a 425 mhz fsb leaving with a 3.4 ghz clock. My ram voltage is 1.90 and my cpu voltage is 1.37. I've tested this configuration with orthos and memtest and it works stably while achieving an (oddly) cool cpu running at around 49c max at load. As said before, i could not achieve the 3.6 ghz but i feel like i still have tons of room to overclock. Does anyone know how i can reach this goal or is it not possible for me?
Is this on the e8400 or not?

bulb.gifCan I Overclock My Brain?... All I Gotta Do Is Increase Its Stock Voltage bulb.gif
cheers.gifBritish Overclockers Club cheers.gif

ATi Clubs and Essential Threads - ATi Aftermarket Cooling Database - ATi Overclocking Guide - ATi Driver Guide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter
3.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeejunky View Post
Is this on the e8400 or not?
It's on a e6750 processor.

gunner2.gif
post #15 of 20 Old 06-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Old School

Liked: 342
If you want to determine the limiting factor, why not just change the FSB:MEM divider and actually underclock the memory for the time being? It's too late for my head to work the numbers but I'd set the memory nice and low and then gradually raise the FSB (making sure to keep the divider so that memory is running at or less than stock speeds) until you find the limit. Raise voltages only as necessary. Once you have hit your goal, go ahead and bring the memory clock up. If you find that even after a voltage boost on the memory (be mindful not to raise it too far -- memory doesn't usually like gads of voltage) you can't run 1:1 then you may have to loosen the timings a bit to 5-5-5-15 or so.

Either way I don't see how a 6750 couldn't make it to 3.2 on that board if done properly. I'm sure you will get there soon.

post #16 of 20 Old 06-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Amiga 500

Liked: 191
check my other post^^^^^

personally i think stock cooling will let you down before you run out of options with voltage.
post #17 of 20 Old 06-03-2008, 04:38 AM
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

Liked: 776
If its not the e8400 you can give it much more core volts. Up to 1.5v core is fairly safe. Although if you do go that high the stock cooler will not cope at all.

bulb.gifCan I Overclock My Brain?... All I Gotta Do Is Increase Its Stock Voltage bulb.gif
cheers.gifBritish Overclockers Club cheers.gif

ATi Clubs and Essential Threads - ATi Aftermarket Cooling Database - ATi Overclocking Guide - ATi Driver Guide
post #18 of 20 Old 06-06-2008, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter
3.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNiceGuy View Post
If you want to determine the limiting factor, why not just change the FSB:MEM divider and actually underclock the memory for the time being? It's too late for my head to work the numbers but I'd set the memory nice and low and then gradually raise the FSB (making sure to keep the divider so that memory is running at or less than stock speeds) until you find the limit. Raise voltages only as necessary. Once you have hit your goal, go ahead and bring the memory clock up. If you find that even after a voltage boost on the memory (be mindful not to raise it too far -- memory doesn't usually like gads of voltage) you can't run 1:1 then you may have to loosen the timings a bit to 5-5-5-15 or so.

Either way I don't see how a 6750 couldn't make it to 3.2 on that board if done properly. I'm sure you will get there soon.
I really want to set the memory speed lower but i can't. 1:1 is the lowest option i have and that is what I have it at. Is there anyway I can get an even smaller divider to temporary eliminate the memory clock problem that I probably am having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsey99 View Post
check my other post^^^^^

personally i think stock cooling will let you down before you run out of options with voltage.
I don't think stock cooling will let me down, for now. I'm running my processor at 3.4 ghz and the cpu never reaches above 50c.

gunner2.gif
post #19 of 20 Old 06-06-2008, 03:30 AM
mklvotep f@h

Liked: 135
It will let you down though,Put your cpu under full load. Get HWmonitor or coretemp they will monitor temps well.

Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #20 of 20 Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter
3.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt View Post
It will let you down though,Put your cpu under full load. Get HWmonitor or coretemp they will monitor temps well.
I'm using abiteq which is the software that was given to me with the motherboard. It monitors temperature and fan speed. And, so far, my i had no problems with my cpu (@ 3.4 ghz) while playing games such as bioshock for extended period of times so i think i can safely say that it is running stable at these speeds. I want to reach at least 3.6 ghz though and feel that my memory is holding me back, though I'm not sure. Is there anyway i can seperate the cpu and the ram so i can find out the true factor that is holding me back?

gunner2.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page