I have a serious question - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-29-2005, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am the owner of an Emachines T2862. Concerning my question, this is important. Does anybody know, off the top of their head, what the max voltage is for my machine. Or can maybe somebody tell me how to check it? The thing is, I have a GeForce FX 5500, which occasionally power surges my comp if you demand to much of it, and it only requires 250 V power supply. Now I want to upgrade to a MX6200, but it requires a 300 V power supply. Could anybody tell me something I could do/buy to make sure the MX6200 would work correctly? I only have PCI slots on my machine and ANY input is very helpful and rep+ worthy. So, if you have some info, give a holler.

P.S. I saw other posts on this board, and yes, I am sorry for stupidifying it up with my post which lacks, how do you say, techinical terms.

Some day I too will formulate a constructive post...
headscratch.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-29-2005, 07:45 PM
333mhz

Liked: 2
1. you can go into your biso and see what the voltage is.
2. get the card and if it doesnt work get a bigger power supply. i think yours can handle it

post #3 of 5 Old 11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC1188
I am the owner of an Emachines T2862. Concerning my question, this is important. Does anybody know, off the top of their head, what the max voltage is for my machine. Or can maybe somebody tell me how to check it? The thing is, I have a GeForce FX 5500, which occasionally power surges my comp if you demand to much of it, and it only requires 250 V power supply. Now I want to upgrade to a MX6200, but it requires a 300 V power supply. Could anybody tell me something I could do/buy to make sure the MX6200 would work correctly? I only have PCI slots on my machine and ANY input is very helpful and rep+ worthy. So, if you have some info, give a holler.

P.S. I saw other posts on this board, and yes, I am sorry for stupidifying it up with my post which lacks, how do you say, techinical terms.
Not sure if we can find out the max wattage on the rig's power supply you have, but you can find out for your self. Just take the side pannel off the case and look at the PSU (top left hand corner) to see what the max wattage is for it if it is lower than 300w then the card you are planning to get wont work properly due to too low wattage/power going to the card.
STC1188 likes this.

Build log of Rocktfish case mod now finished Water fish

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-29-2005, 09:26 PM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 35
As long as the PSU hasn't been changed-out, then it came with this PSU:

http://parts.emachines.com/emachines...oduct_id=69135

If you go here:

http://parts.emachines.com/emachines/sys_lookup.asp

...and select your model number from the right drop down box, it will show you what the PSU is.

You can find 300watt or more PSUs on eBay or other places as well.
STC1188 likes this.

post #5 of 5 Old 11-29-2005, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Liked: 0
Oh, k, thanks a bunch guys. Time to check Newegg for a new power supply, fan, and cpu fan. Heck, I may just buy another mobo while I am at it.

Some day I too will formulate a constructive post...
headscratch.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page