post #1881 of 6384 Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
You can use Xmisery's 3.6 settings on page 1. I tried them and was able to use these for my 930 to achieve a stable OC. Temps were nice and cool with air cooling.
I gonna try ...I hope to achieve too ...I did'n try before because the cpu 920(Xmisery) vs 930 (mine)

thank you bud !!

I eat tacos with a Fork !!
cheers.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1882 of 6384 Old 04-28-2010, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 187
Send a message via AIM to kckyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brafish View Post
I also finally placed my order in on the P6X58D-E yesterday. I'm taking a chance on the memory and ordered Kingston HyperX T1 Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 Model KHX2000C9AD3T1FK3/6GX. The model number is identical to some memory on the QVL except for the "A" right in the middle of it. I can't find any compatibility information on them but I figured I'd give it a whirl anyway.

Crossing my fingers...
that's the one i have. no issue what so ever. i have couple pics of it in the 1st page.
post #1883 of 6384 Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
733mhz

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckyle View Post
that's the one i have. no issue what so ever. i have couple pics of it in the 1st page.
I'm assuming you have the KHX2000C9D3T1FK3/6GX? The only difference I've been able to find between that and the KHX2000C9AD3T1FK3/6GX is that it has some kind of different chips under the heat spreader.

As long as it works!

Project: Blueshark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1884 of 6384 Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskog View Post
This Mother Board has problem all over the place with ram!

From the bottom of my hearth i will not recommend this board in its current state!

I am stuck with a board that even the shop i bought it from wont recognize that there is something wrong with!

Be sure to buy it somewhere with a return policy of some sort!

Check out the Asus forum and look for your self.
WHOA - Steady Tiger!!!

Wait a second - I had problems with my P6X58D not recognizing my 12GB of G.SKILL 1600 DDR3 ram that WAS on the board's QVL - right there in the owners handbook.

The ram passed memtest86+ and everyone most people (including ncix tech support and myself plus most people on ocn who got involved) thought it was the board. However G.SKILL tech suggested that it was the RAM (even though it passed memtest86+ - they knew something we don't) so I got some new ram (see sig) and everything is perfect. PERFECT. All detected every time - and I can overclock it too.

The P6X58D is a solid board - not all ram is equal and certainly not all of it should be on the QVL.

(Another way of looking at this is that perhaps the board is fussy and the "faulty" ram might work fine on another board - I didn't test that)

Anyway, my change of ram has proven my board to be 100% solid.

You can search for my threads on the matter if you wish, both here and at the G.SKILL forum (same user name I think). I hope this helps.

post-flame-small.gifboxing3.gifThe day anyone has the RIGHT to NOT be offended - free speech is dead. boxing3.gifpost-flame-small.gif

sneaky.gif: : The Official Corsair H50 Hydro Series Club : : sneaky.gif

teaching.gifWhat's the point of classes if you've got no class?teaching.gif
post #1885 of 6384 Old 04-29-2010, 07:04 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 18
Send a message via MSN to Kitarist
Hm interesting

Music has to breathe and sweat. You have to play it live.

post #1886 of 6384 Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 35
deleted

post-flame-small.gifboxing3.gifThe day anyone has the RIGHT to NOT be offended - free speech is dead. boxing3.gifpost-flame-small.gif

sneaky.gif: : The Official Corsair H50 Hydro Series Club : : sneaky.gif

teaching.gifWhat's the point of classes if you've got no class?teaching.gif
post #1887 of 6384 Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 AM
333mhz

Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brafish View Post
I also finally placed my order in on the P6X58D-E yesterday. I'm taking a chance on the memory and ordered Kingston HyperX T1 Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 Model KHX2000C9AD3T1FK3/6GX. The model number is identical to some memory on the QVL except for the "A" right in the middle of it. I can't find any compatibility information on them but I figured I'd give it a whirl anyway.

Crossing my fingers...
Same kit I have on the premium board. I had 12GB but the board can't handle it @ 2000 so returned 1 kit. When are you putting it in?
post #1888 of 6384 Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
733mhz

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0rkb0y View Post
Same kit I have on the premium board. I had 12GB but the board can't handle it @ 2000 so returned 1 kit. When are you putting it in?
All of the main components are due to arrive today... except for the motherboard and memory.

So assuming everything arrives ok by Monday, I should at least have something up and running to start testing components late Monday night.

Project: Blueshark
post #1889 of 6384 Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 15
I have OCZ Gold 6 GB of RAM...does anyone know of any issue with this ram with the E borad?

Thanks,

post #1890 of 6384 Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 AM
733mhz

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleblue View Post
WHOA - Steady Tiger!!!

Wait a second - I had problems with my P6X58D not recognizing my 12GB of G.SKILL 1600 DDR3 ram that WAS on the board's QVL - right there in the owners handbook.

The ram passed memtest86+ and everyone most people (including ncix tech support and myself plus most people on ocn who got involved) thought it was the board. However G.SKILL tech suggested that it was the RAM (even though it passed memtest86+ - they knew something we don't) so I got some new ram (see sig) and everything is perfect. PERFECT. All detected every time - and I can overclock it too.

The P6X58D is a solid board - not all ram is equal and certainly not all of it should be on the QVL.

(Another way of looking at this is that perhaps the board is fussy and the "faulty" ram might work fine on another board - I didn't test that)

Anyway, my change of ram has proven my board to be 100% solid.

You can search for my threads on the matter if you wish, both here and at the G.SKILL forum (same user name I think). I hope this helps.
Performance RAM is often tricky. I've had RAM not recognized immediately with older boards, so I'm not blaming MB or RAM to be faulty right away.
First thing: make sure you set right voltage and timings. Next: make sure it inserted right. I've spent like 30 minutes re-inserting and adjusting bios until my P6X58D-E finally recognized all three sticks of 6 GB Corsair Dominator 1600 C8 kit. No issues after that, I've overclocked it moderately with 980x to 4.0 GHz - to keep the beast silent

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page