post #1901 of 6384 Old 05-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrlin View Post
What were your methods for testing your overclock?
First I run WEI, if that passes, I run 100 rounds of wery high IBT, if that pass I ran Prime95 over night. Temps is around 50C when finish Prime.

I have got replacement RAM's but now its even worce, just about to try one mem at a time again, all have pass WEI in slot C1 and thats make me confused. Now trying one in A1, after that 2 in A1 and B1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1902 of 6384 Old 05-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwe View Post
First I run WEI, if that passes, I run 100 rounds of wery high IBT, if that pass I ran Prime95 over night. Temps is around 50C when finish Prime.

I have got replacement RAM's but now its even worce, just about to try one mem at a time again, all have pass WEI in slot C1 and thats make me confused. Now trying one in A1, after that 2 in A1 and B1
Forget about running WEI for testing a stable overclock. Run Prime95 at least 3 hours, or better yet, run LinX (problem size 25854, Memory 5120). Once your OC is stable, then you can run the WEI.
post #1903 of 6384 Old 05-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Forget about running WEI for testing a stable overclock. Run Prime95 at least 3 hours, or better yet, run LinX (problem size 25854, Memory 5120). Once your OC is stable, then you can run the WEI.
Merlin and all other, dont missunderstand me now I apriciate all your help, but I have found that if WEI pass trogh all other test also passes. I have now tested and found one RAM module that have passed WEI and also passed Linx 3 hour test. However when I tested all 3 modules with a pass on a 3 hour test on Linx they will not pass the WEI test. Once in a while they pass the first WEI test but trying one more they fail (once in a while I reboot after the first ok test and they fail at the next test after a reboot).

I am avare that Windows WEI sucks, but I think its a fast test that if it fail all other test will do the same.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1904 of 6384 Old 05-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwe View Post
Merlin and all other, dont missunderstand me now I apriciate all your help, but I have found that if WEI pass trogh all other test also passes. I have now tested and found one RAM module that have passed WEI and also passed Linx 3 hour test. However when I tested all 3 modules with a pass on a 3 hour test on Linx they will not pass the WEI test. Once in a while they pass the first WEI test but trying one more they fail (once in a while I reboot after the first ok test and they fail at the next test after a reboot).

I am avare that Windows WEI sucks, but I think its a fast test that if it fail all other test will do the same.
Have you tried running MemTest?
post #1905 of 6384 Old 05-01-2010, 04:26 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 35
Is anyone successfully using wake-on-lan with their P6X58D Premium?

post-flame-small.gifboxing3.gifThe day anyone has the RIGHT to NOT be offended - free speech is dead. boxing3.gifpost-flame-small.gif

sneaky.gif: : The Official Corsair H50 Hydro Series Club : : sneaky.gif

teaching.gifWhat's the point of classes if you've got no class?teaching.gif

Chimp Challenge Participant  2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #1906 of 6384 Old 05-01-2010, 11:04 PM
733mhz

Liked: 10
Guys, what are your North Bridge temps?
My MB gets like 50-55C, is it OK?
post #1907 of 6384 Old 05-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Have you tried running MemTest?
No not yet as I just has got new memory modules.
Guess Il have to....

post #1908 of 6384 Old 05-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Old School

Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleblue View Post
WHOA - Steady Tiger!!!

Wait a second - I had problems with my P6X58D not recognizing my 12GB of G.SKILL 1600 DDR3 ram that WAS on the board's QVL - right there in the owners handbook.

The ram passed memtest86+ and everyone most people (including ncix tech support and myself plus most people on ocn who got involved) thought it was the board. However G.SKILL tech suggested that it was the RAM (even though it passed memtest86+ - they knew something we don't) so I got some new ram (see sig) and everything is perfect. PERFECT. All detected every time - and I can overclock it too.

The P6X58D is a solid board - not all ram is equal and certainly not all of it should be on the QVL.

(Another way of looking at this is that perhaps the board is fussy and the "faulty" ram might work fine on another board - I didn't test that)

Anyway, my change of ram has proven my board to be 100% solid.

You can search for my threads on the matter if you wish, both here and at the G.SKILL forum (same user name I think). I hope this helps.
Remember with Intel 1366 the memory controller (IMC) is now on the CPU die and therefore out of the hands of the motherboard. I think it's safe to say that 6GB configurations are the most common or our platform but there are those like yourself that choose to go 12GB. I had some memory problems a while back and found a lot of information that supported the idea that six sticks were a lot trickier to run than three. Corsair has yet to find an i7 920 that will run 12GB of their top Dominator GT kit at rated spec while 6GB worked fine.

You could try upping the IMC voltage and/or begin sacrificing timings and speed to make certain it's not the IMC that's holding you back.

Also check the QVL to see if the system has been qualified with that memory populating all DIMM slots.

For those shopping for memory for this board I'd just like to add that I've been very happy with my Patriot Viper 1600 C8 so far.

post #1909 of 6384 Old 05-02-2010, 08:14 AM
PN-
Commodore 64

Hi all,

am new to OC'ing and have used xmisery's (thx mate) template as a base and got 4001 stable. I ran prime for 2 hours, seems ok so far but temp's a little high I think, idle 43 - 79 full load. I set my core at 1.264,DRAM Bus Voltage 1.56 and QPI/DRAM at 1.23750. What should I do to reduce the CPU's temperature ? and also, I think the stock ram is 7-7-7-20 but CPU-Z is showing as 9-9-9-24 for some reason ?

how do I at least bring it to 7-7-7-20 or even better can someone guide me to make it tighter before I run prime for 24 hours ?

Cheers.

post #1910 of 6384 Old 05-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyboy View Post
Is this the kit you are using ?
http://geizhals.at/a375659.html
I going for Kingston option 2x (2x3GB) on QVL list.
If that would work, I would save a lot of $, compared to 3x4GB kit.......
That's it, the OCZ3G1600LV6GK.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page