Forum Jump: 

post #3541 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey Guys!

So happy i found this site! This is my first time attempting to overclock and I had a few questions (noob questions). I'm using xmisery's settings to try reaching 3.8 gigs but no matter what i do i just can't seem to get it stable.. I've bumped the cpu volts and qpi volts probably each time after each crash in using ibt or prime 95 small fft. I will now be bumping up the cpu and qpi volts my 6th time. I'm still not able to get it stable and i think i'm starting to hit shameful voltages at this point or should i keep going? I've read about 100 pages in this thread and i apologize if this was already answered. I also think maybe I'm not getting stable results because i have different amount of ram and timing as xmisery or does that not matter? Any tips or advice on getting this thing stable?

Case:Antec 1200
Mobo6x58d premium
cpu:i7 920 D0 stepping
psu:corsair hx 850
Cpu fan: xigmatec dark knight
gpu: ATI hd5970
Ram: mushkin redline enhanced 6-7-6-18 @ 1.65v 1600mhz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
733mhz

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanbcn View Post
I know this should be Asus P6T thread but the problem is i just replaced P6X58D with P6T. P6X58D works fine but P6T at first booted fine also then comes the Error 0xc00000e9 when installing win7 on SSD. At first i didnt know but after some googling, the problem seem to be dvd drive. Also had problem of "Chassis Intruded! Fatal error... system halted"

But now it doesnt boot at all, maybe i will have to put MB back into the case?
Any solution?

post #3543 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanbcn View Post
I know this should be Asus P6T thread but the problem is i just replaced P6X58D with P6T. P6X58D works fine but P6T at first booted fine also then comes the Error 0xc00000e9 when installing win7 on SSD. At first i didnt know but after some googling, the problem seem to be dvd drive. Also had problem of "Chassis Intruded! Fatal error... system halted"

But now it doesnt boot at all, maybe i will have to put MB back into the case?
The 0xc00000e9 error code is the result of unplugging the device while in use, or potentially faulty hardware.

It could be a (loose/bad) (connector/connection) on the SSD and/or DVD drive? I would double check all your connections and make sure everything is connected securely. Thats the best advice I can give ya on this one, without having to research this more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3544 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extole View Post
Hey Guys!

So happy i found this site! This is my first time attempting to overclock and I had a few questions (noob questions). I'm using xmisery's settings to try reaching 3.8 gigs but no matter what i do i just can't seem to get it stable.. I've bumped the cpu volts and qpi volts probably each time after each crash in using ibt or prime 95 small fft. I will now be bumping up the cpu and qpi volts my 6th time. I'm still not able to get it stable and i think i'm starting to hit shameful voltages at this point or should i keep going? I've read about 100 pages in this thread and i apologize if this was already answered. I also think maybe I'm not getting stable results because i have different amount of ram and timing as xmisery or does that not matter? Any tips or advice on getting this thing stable?

Case:Antec 1200
Mobo6x58d premium
cpu:i7 920 D0 stepping
psu:corsair hx 850
Cpu fan: xigmatec dark knight
gpu: ATI hd5970
Ram: mushkin redline enhanced 6-7-6-18 @ 1.65v 1600mhz
Welcome to OCN!

Stick around and fill out your system specs here. This way we can easily help you out on any current or future questions with your system (nice rig btw!). As far as OC'ing goes, what are your current CPU/QPI DRAM Voltages set at? And are you attempting this with HT enabled or disabled?
djhacker and Extole like this.
post #3545 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 190
Okay...OC Profiles...

Did some playing around with that and wow was I all sorts of wrong there. Been know to happen from time to time. My hang up on it was a very simple fix. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU NAME IT. It doesn't like periods.
Also IF I can save it to flash I haven't figured it out yet.

Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #3546 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmisery View Post
Welcome to OCN!

Stick around and fill out your system specs here. This way we can easily help you out on any current or future questions with your system (nice rig btw!). As far as OC'ing goes, what are your current CPU/QPI DRAM Voltages set at? And are you attempting this with HT enabled or disabled?

Hi Xmisery!
I want to thank you for such the awesome guides for a good baseline to start oc'in at! I currently have my cpu volt set at 1.18124 and QPI 1.2.1250 I also added some to cpu pll voltage now making it 1.82 in hopes that it would fix it, but i dont think it did. Yes im trying with HT enabled, should I not at first?

post #3547 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 190
vcore - 1.18v
QPI/DramCore -1.2xxv

For 3.8. Looks pretty respectable from where I'm sittin. I'll stay out of the way and let xmisery work his magic but I'd say your on the right path. Welcome to OCN.
Extole likes this.

Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #3548 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Commodore 64

Ooh cool i think i was able to get it somewhat stable.. I ran 5 passes of IBT on very high and passed! i know i should probably run more passes later to be sure. Im so far at 1.19375 cpu voltage and 1.23125 Qpi (is this okay?).I did have a question about the dram ram voltage. My ram is rated for 1.65v but it is set at 1.64 right now.. does that really matter or would it have any affect if i change it to 1.65 (the numbers turn red when i do this and tells me i can damage my cpu). My temps when i ran the IBT for 5 passes got up to 68,69,67,65 are these temps safe? when should i start worrying?
Thank you guys for the warm welcoming into your community =) I will start more stress testing soon. Kind of scared to run ibt for 10 passes on maximum.. Passing even just 5 passes on very high got me super excited, i hope 10 on max goes well *crosses finger*

*Edit*
P.S no wonder all you guys like OC'in, this is addicting, frusterating but sure as hell rewarding if you get it right!

post #3549 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 PM
syl
333mhz

Liked: 11
1.64V for Vdimm should be fine...especially when you're not pushing the memory that hard. Besides, our M/B seems to overvolt the memory by about .02V when measured by DMM.

As for the temperatures, I would consider anything below 80c to be safe...though everyone will have their own pain tolerance. I think you may have started on the slippery slope of OC addition
Extole likes this.

post #3550 of 6384 Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 PM
syl
333mhz

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sizzzle~ View Post
Okay...OC Profiles...

Did some playing around with that and wow was I all sorts of wrong there. Been know to happen from time to time. My hang up on it was a very simple fix. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU NAME IT. It doesn't like periods.
Also IF I can save it to flash I haven't figured it out yet.

Using the Start O.C. Profile function on the same screen will allow you to save the OC settings to flash.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page