Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club - Page 18 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #171 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
whats the max overclock you guys are getting on air im currently at 4.2 not sure how much further i can go ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 12:29 PM
NOPE

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer01ws6 View Post
Well, I am happy, disappointed and frustrated all at the same time on several levels with this new build.
flashed bios to J and have done no tweaking on hardward or GPUs other than loading lots of drivers and programs.

This case is dang near silent, crazy quiet.(the usb headers are upside down on FP, wth)
all my temps are very low (except maybe my NB)

Win 7- to my amazement, I really like it snappy and nice layout, I have moved or several TB of data quickly.

GPUs are quiet, cool and under worked with this 1680x1050 monitor

Now the part that is driving me crazy...
I am having lockups when I run 3dmark 06 it will run one time and be ok, or have a slight studder and pull a 18709-19135 or it will freeze and I have to reboot, no BSOD every thing else I do she screams, I have not done any gaming yet, but did run the CS vid test and it never hiccups and give me a 280-298 FPS score....

I have done no tweaking to the bios yet and nothing to the vid cards.. latest Catalyst
I did get it to run vantage flawlessly but it pulled a 8000 on pc mark I thought that was quite low also?
I am going to run bioshock or some CS for a while and see if it locks...

direction? TIA.

First thing I'd say is check your ram settings. If you haven't set them they aren't going to be right. The timings will be way loose and the speed will probably not be 1600mhz.
Then make sure power saving features are disabled, and that HT is enabled in bios.
Next, I'd say install chipset drivers. (if you haven't already). If your running RAID make sure you install the latest Intel Matrix Driver.
See if any of that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger6021 View Post
whats the max overclock you guys are getting on air im currently at 4.2 not sure how much further i can go ?
Mine is 4.3Ghz, but I've never tried for more then that. I've also never gone over 1.33 v-core in bios. It seems this mobo adds a little more voltage then what you set in the bios. 1.33v-core = 1.35 in windows under load. 1.65v on ram = 1.67 in windows under load.
I don't under why it does that, but I've learned to work with it

Learn how to use the new features of the site:

Currently Playing: H1Z1:KOTK, Overwatch, World of Tanks, Project Cars

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #173 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 175
I'm surprised I never noticed this club. Please sign me up.

Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 12:32 PM
ADX
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1985 View Post
esata not to forget and firewire in the backpanel, other then that, they are pretty similar id say
the triple sli i think qualifies for step up but im not 100% sure
Oh, right. I plan to overclock an i7 920 to ~4.0ghz and I hear that both boards perform the job with no problems, as I see many of you have done.

If there are any differences that I am missing, I would like to know please! If not, I will go with the LE because it's a bit cheaper and I think the all black board looks pretty cool.
post #175 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 12:47 PM
part of the 1% in uniform.

Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADX View Post
Oh, right. I plan to overclock an i7 920 to ~4.0ghz and I hear that both boards perform the job with no problems, as I see many of you have done.

If there are any differences that I am missing, I would like to know please! If not, I will go with the LE because it's a bit cheaper and I think the all black board looks pretty cool.
the tri sli boards have been revamped (if my knowledge serves me right) and are all black pcbs and pci e slots too now keep that in mind

but honestly i couldn't care less for the added features on that board, the sli le is perfect for my build as it doesnt have anything i dont need but has everything i do need hehe
ADX likes this.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #176 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
ADX
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1985 View Post
the tri sli boards have been revamped (if my knowledge serves me right) and are all black pcbs and pci e slots too now keep that in mind

but honestly i couldn't care less for the added features on that board, the sli le is perfect for my build as it doesnt have anything i dont need but has everything i do need hehe
Alright, thanks. I should have my board in about a week or so
post #177 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 PM
CoD Is a Awful Series!

Liked: 264
Im hoping my new job starts forking over the hours!! Because i need that full cover block for my LE... then ill push higher!!!

Early 2012 Upgrade- 6 Cores/6 TB/16 GB/3xIPS/Corsair Case
Working 2 Jobs Till Then FTW

Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant  Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  4 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #178 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM
part of the 1% in uniform.

Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdla4ever View Post
Im hoping my new job starts forking over the hours!! Because i need that full cover block for my LE... then ill push higher!!!
they need to get real with their pricing on those! seriously, the damn block costs almost as much as i paid for the board...

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #179 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 01:22 PM
333mhz

Liked: 2
Well I am about to run Prime95's torture test, looked over Mc_Laren's Bios settings and gave em' a little tweek (changed my VCore to 1.25v) and have my system running at 4GHz. So far everything is running solid no outrageous temps or surprises (yet lol). Let you all know how it turns out so I can be added to the list of 4GHz 920s out there on this amazing board!

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #180 of 2630 Old 02-28-2010, 04:10 PM
333mhz

Liked: 2
Success! (For Now)
After looking over Mc_Laren's Bio's settings I used them as a possible reference for my own on my journey to have a 4GHz i7. I turned my VCore down just to test stability at 1.25v and had 2 BSOD's happen after about 25-30min into Prime95's Torture Test. Went back in and kicked up my VCore to 1.275 just as Mc_Laren had his set and it must be a magic number because a little over 2hrs in and not a single problem on Prime95. Very pleased with my results. Going to do a full overnight torture test and then see how Blue holds up and go from there. After I feel comfortable I'll do a full list of settings (even though I think my memory times are the only difference between mine and Mc_Laren's lol)
LL
McLaren_F1 likes this.

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page