**Official ASUS P5Q PRO Turbo/PRO/Turbo Owners Club** (All ASUS P45 Mobo Owners Welcome!) - Page 495 - Overclock.net

View Poll Results: Do you prefer the new OCN?
Yes! 32 35.56%
No! 14 15.56%
Yes and No! 13 14.44%
Don't give a damn about it! (LOL) 31 34.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4941 of 6511 Old 01-20-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
**Perfection @ 4GHz**
 
ocman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Yours To Discover
Posts: 2,415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katakis View Post

ocman

 

I was drunk the other day and got angry at the moderators. So they have banned my turrican account for two months. I can still log in with it, but not post anything. Luckily, munaim1 is taking care of my clubs in the meantime thumbsupsmiley.png

 

So I'm still turrican9, and will hopefully return with that account as time goes by thumb.gif

 

Congrats with you getting a Q9650! Can't wait to see your results with it! grouphug.gif


 

oic... I was going to say... there's no way you got banned. tongue.gif I just don't understand how such thing would happen to you... doh.gif

 

I hope I can overclock this Q9650 to 4GHz once I get a hold of it... typer.gif fingers crossed.

 

P.S.: I'm also looking to get a used Gigabyte EP45 mobo to overclock the Q9650 to beyond 4GHz if my P5Q PRO Turbo can't... I know... Invest in old tech is rather a waste of money.

ocman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4942 of 6511 Old 01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
jetpak12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katakis View Post

ocman

I was drunk the other day and got angry at the moderators. So they have banned my turrican account for two months. I can still log in with it, but not post anything. Luckily, munaim1 is taking care of my clubs in the meantime thumbsupsmiley.png

So I'm still turrican9, and will hopefully return with that account as time goes by thumb.gif

Congrats with you getting a Q9650! Can't wait to see your results with it! grouphug.gif

Ah got it, these things happen sometimes, hehehe. drunken.gif I hope the two months go by fast for you. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocman View Post

oic... I was going to say... there's no way you got banned. tongue.gif I just don't understand how such thing would happen to you... doh.gif

I hope I can overclock this Q9650 to 4GHz once I get a hold of it... typer.gif fingers crossed.

P.S.: I'm also looking to get a used Gigabyte EP45 mobo to overclock the Q9650 to beyond 4GHz if my P5Q PRO Turbo can't... I know... Invest in old tech is rather a waste of money.

Awesome that you picked up a Q9650 ocman, that's going to be a lot of fun! Can't wait to hear how it does! cool.gif Maybe it'll convince me to get one instead of going with Ivy later this year. wink.gif

And I hope your search for a EP45 goes well. To some it may seem silly to keep investing in socket 775, but its so much fun, and I think it still performs really well in today's setups. thumbsupsmiley.png

I don't have any qualms about trading in my Dominators for the Mushkins, its going to be fun to see how they perform and play around with them for a while. Has anyone one else in the club had any experience with Mushkins? They're model 996619 with the Blackline Ascent heatsinks.

Also, I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a new SSD. I really like the components and performance of the Samsung 830, and it just dropped a bit in price for the 128GB model at Newegg (US). Should I go for it? biggrin.gif
ocman likes this.

4 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3 

jetpak12 is offline  
post #4943 of 6511 Old 01-20-2012, 05:10 PM
**FORZA JUVENTUS**
 
KingT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 4,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 478
@ Ocman

I hope you get a Q9650 it's a beast CPU even today.. thumb.gif

@ Turrican

Did you know that it's against TOS to have a multiple accounts here on OCN?

Keep a low profile as if mods spot you they will have your new account banned..


CHEERS..
ocman likes this.
KingT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4944 of 6511 Old 01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
 
Katakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14


Quote:
Originally Posted by KingT View Post

@ Ocman
I hope you get a Q9650 it's a beast CPU even today.. thumb.gif
@ Turrican
Did you know that it's against TOS to have a multiple accounts here on OCN?
Keep a low profile as if mods spot you they will have your new account banned..
CHEERS..


They have already seen me, because they deleted a couple of posts from this new account, where I said I was turrican9. They deleted the posts because I was angry at the time.

ocman likes this.
Katakis is offline  
post #4945 of 6511 Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter
**Perfection @ 4GHz**
 
ocman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Yours To Discover
Posts: 2,415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 361

@ jetpak12, KingT, and turrican9

 

Thanks! I should be getting my Q9650 tomorrow in the afternoon... thumbsupsmiley.png

 

Hope this will help extend my rig's life for another 2-3 years before next major upgrade. I heard the guy said its WEI score is 7.4. I might call off bidding for gigabyte mobo and save some dough if I can hit 4GHz or more with my PRO Turbo. Keep my E5200 as backup if I can't sell it. biggrin.gif

 

I'll be applying again ICD 7... it's a little tough to spread out that TIM on the chip surface hard like candies.... doh.gif

 

Maybe heating it up with water before use? Should I just simply follow the guide/instructions online? thinking.gif

 

As for SSD, I think recently, the best overall performance SATA3 SSD is Kingston HyperX. It goes for ~$200 for 120GB with bracket thumb.gif

 

Btw, if they were to ban anyone of us (I'm sure they won't... as least from now on) Should we initiate Project "Occupy OCN"??? thinking.gif rolleyes.gif ninja.gif tongue.gif (my emotions in that specific order lol)

 

 

Katakis likes this.
ocman is offline  
post #4946 of 6511 Old 01-21-2012, 01:19 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
jetpak12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocman View Post

As for SSD, I think recently, the best overall performance SATA3 SSD is Kingston HyperX. It goes for ~$200 for 120GB with bracket thumb.gif

Yeah, I've heard good things about the HyperX, but I just want to stay as far away from Sandforce as I possibly can. wink.gif

I really like how the 830 has high quality NAND, should help with stability and reliability and be able to last me a long time. smile.gif I actually ended up buying it earlier today, so I'll keep you guys posted on its performance too. thumb.gif
ocman likes this.

4 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3 

jetpak12 is offline  
post #4947 of 6511 Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 AM
 
Katakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14


Quote:
Originally Posted by ocman View Post

@ jetpak12, KingT, and turrican9

 

Thanks! I should be getting my Q9650 tomorrow in the afternoon... thumbsupsmiley.png

 

Hope this will help extend my rig's life for another 2-3 years before next major upgrade. I heard the guy said its WEI score is 7.4. I might call off bidding for gigabyte mobo and save some dough if I can hit 4GHz or more with my PRO Turbo. Keep my E5200 as backup if I can't sell it. biggrin.gif

 

I'll be applying again ICD 7... it's a little tough to spread out that TIM on the chip surface hard like candies.... doh.gif

 

Maybe heating it up with water before use? Should I just simply follow the guide/instructions online? thinking.gif

 

As for SSD, I think recently, the best overall performance SATA3 SSD is Kingston HyperX. It goes for ~$200 for 120GB with bracket thumb.gif

 

Btw, if they were to ban anyone of us (I'm sure they won't... as least from now on) Should we initiate Project "Occupy OCN"??? thinking.gif rolleyes.gif ninja.gif tongue.gif (my emotions in that specific order lol)

 

 


I'm so looking forward to you posting results from that Q9650 here thumb.gif

 

My Q9650 is a mediocre/maybe bad one? when compared to others. First of all it has issues with 450FSB +. It's stubborn with regards to GTL's and vFSB. Also, it needs about 1.35v Vcore in order to be Prime95 solid at 4GHz. But as you've seen in my test results, I've been able to get it stable at 4.125GHz at 1.4v Vcore. Thanks to my excellent TRUE and my P5Q-E.

 

You should be able to get at least 4GHz. Depending on the Vcore needed and how good it is FSB wise you may be able to get 4160MHz (9x 460FSB) in the P5Q PRO Turbo. Also, you have a Corsair H60? Don't know how that will handle the load at 1.35v + Vcore though. Mine was day to day stable at 4.16GHz in the P5Q PRO Turbo, just not Large FFT's stable. Thanks to mine being a mediocre one.

 

Anyway, crossing my fingers for you, and looking forward to your results thumbsupsmiley.png

 

ICD7? Is that the Diamond stuff? If so, I've seen that it will scratch the surface og the IHS and the base of the heatsinks when applied a number of times. High quality cooling paste will only give you 1-2c better temps at the most. Why not use the paste that came with your CM 212+? It is considered a good one, and is easy to apply.

 

Project "Occupy OCN" sounds very interesting biggrin.gif

 

And no, I won't use this account to give + reps to my other account biggrin.gif This account is just so I can post and be with you guys thumbsupsmiley.png

 

BTW: jetpak12 I'll see if I can post some pictures from my bios settings wink.gif

 

ocman likes this.
Katakis is offline  
post #4948 of 6511 Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM
 
Katakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14

jetpak12

 

Here are my bios settings for my ASUS P5Q-E/Q9650@4.125GHz/RAM@1100-6-5-6-15-2.0v configuration:

 

2uqp21h.jpg

 

24dr6tf.jpg

 

2ev9h50.jpg

 

seofwy.jpg

ocman likes this.
Katakis is offline  
post #4949 of 6511 Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
**Perfection @ 4GHz**
 
ocman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Yours To Discover
Posts: 2,415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 361

Good Evening Gentlemen,

 

I got the Q9650 now E0 stepping batch L846B998 printed on the chip, for $175 (on average street price now for a used one = $200)... what I paid is slightly higher than 50% of the original cost when new before tax.

 

I need to do some house cleaning for a few hours... I will install the Q9650 when I get back.

 

Here's the chip after cleaning off the overloaded MX-4 TIM with 50% alcohol:

 

ocman Q9650.JPG

 

I'll be using IC Diamond 7 when install. thumb.gif

 

So stay tuned... wink.gif

 

P.S.: Can anyone tell me if this chip is from the better overclocking batch?

Through a quick research, it seems that this batch number CPU's VID is 1.1V... guess it's a good news!  thumbsupsmiley.png  cheers.gif

 

@ turrican9 Very Interesting Indeed... grouphug.gif

 

Cheers,

ocman.

 

 

ocman is offline  
post #4950 of 6511 Old 01-21-2012, 04:38 PM
**FORZA JUVENTUS**
 
KingT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 4,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 478
@ Ocman

Congratz dude, youn have really deserved it.. thumb.gif

I would recommend Arctic Cooling MX-2 TIM instead of that Diamond..

AC MX-2 is non conductive,non curing and high durability TIM with a great results (I'm using it for 9 months now)..

And that Diamond paste will scratch that IHS on your CPU and base of your cooler..


CHEERS..
ocman likes this.
KingT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off