Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22** - Page 169 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1681 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 03:34 AM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
how much voltage you would recomend for 5.2GHz OC?

So true (Click to show)
Originally Posted by Mr.Eiht go_quote.gif
With PC stuff and overclocking it is the best to be broke!
If you are not broke you got shopping. Some nice dual socket mobo - some xeons - some XY graphic cards...
And then you are broke again biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver posted on the first post safe?, it doesn't appear to be alpha or beta and says whql, so why is it not available from Intel's website?

Furthermore why is the one at Intel's site two downloads and the one posted here only one?

Sorry if these sound like really noob questions, but this is my very first time building my own system and setting it up and I just want to make sure I got everything right.

PS: I have a P8P67 Deluxe.
post #1683 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 04:05 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalCat;13147370 
Is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver posted on the first post safe?, it doesn't appear to be alpha or beta and says whql, so why is it not available from Intel's website?

Furthermore why is the one at Intel's site two downloads and the one posted here only one?

Sorry if these sound like really noob questions, but this is my very first time building my own system and setting it up and I just want to make sure I got everything right.

I was using it on my P8P67 PRO with no problems and now im using it with my Sabertooth and all is fine. Its a massive improvement over the default drivers Windows installs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1684 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 09:49 AM
- Sarcasm - Just One Of My Many Talents

Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalCat;13147370 

The download on the Intel site is actually only one download, depending on what you need.

The first in the list is for 32bit windows, the second for 64bit windows, and the third contains both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

It is different than the one linked to in the original post, in that it is a newer revision. Intel has listed IRST 10.1.0.1008 (revision 1008), where the first page of this post links to revision 1004.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglake;13147363 

There is no real good answer to that. Each CPU is different with what it requires to stay stable. I could guess that based on what I have seen, you are looking at 1.5V+.

I can hit 5.1 @ 1.48V very easily, but to get to 5.2, I have to push it to 1.56, and even then, unless windows is already running (ie I've done the OC in TurboV inside windows), my computer won't boot at that voltage. It will run relatively stable at that, crashes in Prime after 8hrs, but just won't boot windows for anything.
post #1685 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2128;13139734 
When I try to install the new bios it wont let me take it off the usb in windows. Keeps Say ROM only. DO I have to do it from inside bios? If so how do I do that in detail plz?

Did you figure this out?

If not boot into the bios using the del key. Click on Exit/Advanced Mode and go to Advanced Mode. Then you click the Tool tab and select ASUS EZ Flash 2 Utility. From there you just select the ROM from your flash drive that you want to use

post #1686 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 11:33 AM
ɹǝʞɔɐɥ

Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF47 View Post
I was using it on my P8P67 PRO with no problems and now im using it with my Sabertooth and all is fine. Its a massive improvement over the default drivers Windows installs.
When I first got my P8P67 in February, I ran a ATTO disk test on my SSD. With the BIOS set to AHCI and the default Microsoft driver, I got the full rated 285 mbyte/sec read on my SSD. Write was 270, only down about 5. Based on this I decided to stick with the Microsoft driver. I really feel it is more stable. Also, the RST drivers add additional Windows services, 2 I think. That's more OS CPU and memory overhead for virtually no gain in performance. I would benchmark the Microsoft driver with your setup before installing the intel driver. Why install it if you get full speed without it?
post #1687 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglake;13147363 
over 9000!! ....... or over 1.4-1.5V

not going to happen with your sigrig's cooling
post #1688 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 01:18 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealio View Post
over 9000!! ....... or over 1.4-1.5V

not going to happen with your sigrig's cooling
yeah, you probably right
what you can suggest? NH-D14 or...something else
then again I can sit next to open window, for now outside is 2 degrees centigrade

So true (Click to show)
Originally Posted by Mr.Eiht go_quote.gif
With PC stuff and overclocking it is the best to be broke!
If you are not broke you got shopping. Some nice dual socket mobo - some xeons - some XY graphic cards...
And then you are broke again biggrin.gif
post #1689 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 02:42 PM
ɹǝʞɔɐɥ

Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglake View Post
yeah, you probably right
what you can suggest? NH-D14 or...something else
then again I can sit next to open window, for now outside is 2 degrees centigrade
If you want to go with premium air cooling I would check out the Thermalright Silver Arrow.
post #1690 of 3000 Old 04-16-2011, 02:53 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 149

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page