Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22** - Page 201 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #2001 of 3000 Old 06-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Database Developer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1;13817231 
Sorry havnt read through you issues but can i just ask what sata port do you have the dvd drive on?

Not sure if this helps, but iirc the marvell ports only work with data drives and not optical drives.

LOL im just tellin thats NONSENSE *wink*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2002 of 3000 Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Commodore 64

I'm using p8p67 deluxe with i7 2600k, absolutely stock setting with no overclocking. everything works well, except that I cannot shut down, windows 7 shuts down, but my PC is still in running conditions, eg. all the fans and lights are on. When I put the PC in sleep mode, it's does the same thing. I know windows has shut down properly because the HDD lights are off.

anyone have any suggestions at all? because this is very frustrating as I have to wait for win7 to fully shut down, then hold the power button for 10 secs to turn it off.

thanks!!!!
post #2003 of 3000 Old 06-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRampage;13817183 
sooooo I went into the bios tried IDE MODE and it didnt work. 2nd time I did what achieles said and set boot to ssd then reboot to bios and in boot menu click dvd drive didnt work.

When I click reset or reboot and let it boot I can hear the dvd in the optical drive running BUT ITS NOT working. anything else. still havent cleared cmos because i dont know how and kinda scared it would screw stuff up. lol.
You're not going to break anything by resetting the CMOS, I promise. smile.gif I like to buy motherboards with the fancy reset CMOS button on the I/O side since I like to try different settings, and occasionally mess things up to where I need to start fresh. redface.gif (It also can't get much worse than not functioning at all. tongue.gif)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbin;13817898 
I'm using p8p67 deluxe with i7 2600k, absolutely stock setting with no overclocking. everything works well, except that I cannot shut down, windows 7 shuts down, but my PC is still in running conditions, eg. all the fans and lights are on. When I put the PC in sleep mode, it's does the same thing. I know windows has shut down properly because the HDD lights are off.

anyone have any suggestions at all? because this is very frustrating as I have to wait for win7 to fully shut down, then hold the power button for 10 secs to turn it off.

thanks!!!!
That sounds like you have a bad switch or your ACPI settings are wonky. Make sure your "button" is set to "power off" or something like that. There's also a feature in windows that puts the computer in standby instead of powering off, but I honestly don't remember how that one works since I always disable all of the sleep/hibernate/stand by features in windows after I build a PC.

.-[SandyBridge]-.
.5ghz Pl+s Club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2004 of 3000 Old 06-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 83
Hello at Hardforum i find a guide regarding overclocking/settings/BIOS Asus P67 based mobos.

In the past i had Gigabyte mobos and i was always told to disable power saving features(C-states) etc in order to get the most from my Raid0 and SSD performance as well.

But here is what i found now about Asus mobos, (my ME4 is about to arrive in 1 week or so)

Juan_Jose,

It is NOT advised to make adjustments to Cstates as this can considerably affect hard drive throughput performance ( especially SATA6G SSD or Sandforce 2 based SSD ). It is recommended that all CPU power configuration states be left on their default parameters.

So according to Jose, that means: i can't get a fixed cpu core speed and the speed will drop at 1.6 during idle, light surfing etc, im one of those guys who like perma maximum performance fixed cpu clock speed, without jumping ferq etc, is this possible to achieve with C-sates on?

Keep in mind that the part of the post i copy from the Hardforum guide is old, (01-18) and i was asking my self is that fixed by now? can i disable the C-states without losing HDD/SSD performance, using recent BIOS versions? thanks!
post #2005 of 3000 Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 AM
5906x1080

Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRampage View Post
sooooo I went into the bios tried IDE MODE and it didnt work. 2nd time I did what achieles said and set boot to ssd then reboot to bios and in boot menu click dvd drive didnt work.

When I click reset or reboot and let it boot I can hear the dvd in the optical drive running BUT ITS NOT working. anything else. still havent cleared cmos because i dont know how and kinda scared it would screw stuff up. lol.
Have you tried to install Windows7 from a USB thumb drive yet
post #2006 of 3000 Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 AM
733mhz

Liked: 122
change your minimum processor power state to 100% in the control panel/power management

post #2007 of 3000 Old 06-10-2011, 06:21 AM
733mhz

Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside View Post
Hello at Hardforum i find a guide regarding overclocking/settings/BIOS Asus P67 based mobos.

So according to Jose, that means: i can't get a fixed cpu core speed and the speed will drop at 1.6 during idle, light surfing etc, im one of those guys who like perma maximum performance fixed cpu clock speed, without jumping ferq etc, is this possible to achieve with C-sates on?

Keep in mind that the part of the post i copy from the Hardforum guide is old, (01-18) and i was asking my self is that fixed by now? can i disable the C-states without losing HDD/SSD performance, using recent BIOS versions? thanks!
change your minimum processor power state to 100% in the control panel/power management
psyside likes this.

post #2008 of 3000 Old 06-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mac View Post
Thanks! never thought about that, lol!
post #2009 of 3000 Old 06-10-2011, 06:29 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 213
Quote:
06/10/2011 06:18:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY[I]
Yay! My P8P67-M is coming today. Excited for my first Intel build in 10+ years.

post #2010 of 3000 Old 06-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Commodore 64

Rapid Storage Technology drivers 10.5.1.1001

http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).exe

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page