post #21 of 21 Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqmagic;12316607 
I have 16GB of the corsair vengeance DDR3 1600 (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9) on the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, and am having issues keeping the memory at stock 1600 speed. I have full stability at 1333, but when I try to get 1600 I need to either increase the DRAM voltage to 1.65 (spec is 1.5), or VCCIO to at least 1.15 AND the CPU voltage to 1.26, and this is with all stock auto settings, without any overclocking. I have the memory timings set to spec also.

Does anyone else have 16GB of memory in an ASUS board? Does the bios auto settings work for you at stock 1600 speed? Is there any chance of running this memory faster if it needs all that to hit stock speed? I feel like the board should be able to set itself for stock memory settings, and no extra voltage should be required for stock memory speeds. Its looking like I might need an RMA on the memory.

I just looked at the specs of your kit, and the *SPD* voltage is 1.5v. And the *SPD* speed is 1333. So the fact that you need 1.65v to get the *XMP* rated speeds out of your RAM is no surprise at all.

I have a 4x 4GB kit of Corsair Dominator 1333 running just fine on the P8P67 Pro (not my sig rig). On auto settings.

I haven't started OCing yet, though, so it'll be a bit before I have a chance to comment on how it OCs. Although with 16GB I don't expect to be able to OC the RAM too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm;12316642 
I think the entire P67 plat form is a big hassle. For lack of better words, it acts like a woman.

With that being said, I own a dead Gd-65 and have messed with an Asus and a Biostar.

Useless post is useless.

Check out The Swap Meet
A place to exchange spare parts you don't need for ones you do!

ASUS P8P67-M Pro OCing Guide

Pictorial Lapping Guide--Check this out if you're thinking of lapping an HSF and/or IHS!!

ASUS P5N-E OCing Guide

"Incorrect using it may cause your system broken. For power End-User use only!"
-Gigabyte MB manual (8I865GME-775-RH-Rev2.0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page