CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid - Page 61 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #601 of 1084 Old 05-31-2012, 04:58 PM
nVidia Enthusiast
 
brian_oc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I've just ordered this keyboard (Black switches) and I want to pimp it out. I was wondering would these fit alright on this keyboard? http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/87-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html It says they will fit on most most Cherry MX keyboards.

My idea is have all the keys as black and blank except the wasd I'll have them as red and blank.

brian_oc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 1084 Old 05-31-2012, 05:14 PM
WaterCooler
 
toaad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_oc View Post

So I've just ordered this keyboard (Black switches) and I want to pimp it out. I was wondering would these fit alright on this keyboard? http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/87-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html It says they will fit on most most Cherry MX keyboards.
My idea is have all the keys as black and blank except the wasd I'll have them as red and blank.

Yes they will fit fine as will any cherry MX keycap, I have WASD keys on my Quickfire, look into adding o-rings while you are at it, it feels much much nicer to type on, worth it IMO
brian_oc likes this.

toaad is offline  
post #603 of 1084 Old 05-31-2012, 05:18 PM
nVidia Enthusiast
 
brian_oc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaad View Post

Yes they will fit fine as will any cherry MX keycap, I have WASD keys on my Quickfire, look into adding o-rings while you are at it, it feels much much nicer to type on, worth it IMO

Thank you. What Hardness of o-ring did you choose?

brian_oc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #604 of 1084 Old 05-31-2012, 06:51 PM
WaterCooler
 
toaad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_oc View Post

Thank you. What Hardness of o-ring did you choose?

I have both the 40A and 50A, I prefer the 50A and its cheaper. The 40A is quite a bit softer and feels more 'squishy'.

toaad is offline  
post #605 of 1084 Old 05-31-2012, 08:04 PM
WaterCooler
 
SPARC_PWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Another great replacement keyset is the ducky PBT black set from mechanicalkeyboards. It looks great on the QFR if you are looking for a stealth look and can be enhanced just a little with some wasd keys from elite, Qtan, or even WASD. I have a semi-custom set coming this week from WASD so I'll get new pictures up soon.

Thanks

SPARC_PWR is offline  
post #606 of 1084 Old 06-02-2012, 07:17 PM
 
Masterstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARC_PWR View Post

Another great replacement keyset is the ducky PBT black set from mechanicalkeyboards. It looks great on the QFR if you are looking for a stealth look and can be enhanced just a little with some wasd keys from elite, Qtan, or even WASD. I have a semi-custom set coming this week from WASD so I'll get new pictures up soon.
Thanks

I just ordered the black engraved Ducky set from mechanicalkeyboards. Anxiously waiting to replace the vulgar stock typeface on my QFR.

Has anybody tried the soft-landing pads from elite keyboards? I'd like to know how they compare to WASD's o-rings.
Masterstroke is offline  
post #607 of 1084 Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 PM
4.0ghz
 
ripster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 4,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 296
No but the Ducky Black engraved keyset is great!

I really gotta finish that Ripster Cleaning Guide someday!

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?31299-Ripster-s-Cleaning-Guide

In the meantime get some Simple Green and a toothbrush!

ripster is offline  
post #608 of 1084 Old 06-02-2012, 09:43 PM
 
Masterstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
That's great to hear. I read through your PBT vs. ABS guide on g.h. and couldn't tell if you had an opinion on the quality of the Ducky/KBC set.
Masterstroke is offline  
post #609 of 1084 Old 06-03-2012, 01:55 PM
4.0ghz
 
ripster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 4,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 296
All they Quacked up to be!

If someone is looking for a NEW keyboard with PBT keys read my latest Reddit/keyboards post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/keyboards/comments/uiseq/if_i_were_you_and_looking_to_buy_a_leopold_at/

ripster is offline  
post #610 of 1084 Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Intel Overclocker
 
lightsout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 10,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 239
ripster has been cast out to reddit for his keyboard posts? sad day...


Chimp Challenge Participant 

lightsout is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off