So, like all the cool people I spilled coffee on my keyboard.
I went through one of ripster's cleaning guides and after removing the case and most of the keycaps, rinsed the keys that started sticking out with water. The only ones that really got coffee in them were the arrow keys and the near by Ctrl key.
So this is where things get interesting. After waiting for what felt like years to dry, put most of it back together to try it out. Plugged it in and it didn't work and the controller board got hot! Tore things back apart looking for burnt parts. Didn't find anything amiss, but did notice the way I put it back in...
Guessing that is how I put it back together the first time too. Plugged it back in and it works... Kinda. None of the keys in the qwerty row work except T, Y, and the bracket and slash keys at the end.
Looking for ideas, else I was thinking I would desolder all the keyswitches and look for burnt diodes on the main board. Because the keys I rinsed with water still work, I'm guessing it was the missplaced controller board that did things in.