Rosewill Illuminated with Mx Blues, opening pics and video - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
Fan Man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
My Rosewill Illuminated keyboard with Mx Blues just arrived biggrin.gif and I wanted to pop up some pics and a short video of the keyboard. As for what I think about the keyboard...I love it, the clicks of the board are so satisfying compared to my logitech illuminated keyboard. This Rosewill board has 6 key roll over as opposed to the Logitech which blocked after 3 keys which was very very frustrating during gaming. This current Rosewill feels very sturdy and each key has a wonderful rubberized feel to them. Additionally each key is backlit in blue except for: Caps lock, Scroll Lock and Num lock which have a green back light with a small window in front. But most people probably want to know is how loud the clicks are, I would compare them to the sound of a mouse click combined with the sound of a normal keyboard *thud*. Finally i'll repost in this thread after a few months of use to evaluate how the board holds up over time but for now this is just an opening product thread.

Below here is a few pics from un-packaging the keyboard

The clear plastic on the Rosewill symbol comes off, it got taken off later

Below are some illuminated shots showing the different modes the keyboard has, it also has varying levels of brightness.

Videos

The first video is a demonstration of the lighting and some clicking on the keyboard, my dogs make a surprise entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2NUchaujJo

The 2nd video...if youtube fixes it is of the Rosewill clicking vs. my old logitech illuminated non mechanical board (scissor switches.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbatCmv4Qs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 PM

Liked: 47
Rosewill? You just fed the Newegg beast... smile.gif
post #3 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 02:41 PM

I'm in the market for a blue-backlit keyboard for my backup build, so I'm interested in hearing how this one is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
Fan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahlhart View Post

Rosewill? You just fed the Newegg beast... smile.gif

I feel dirty frown.gif lol

post #5 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Does the keyboard remember the lighting settings after it's powered off, or do you have to reset it every bootup? That's probably the only (and very, very minor) annoyance I have with this iOne.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter
Fan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahlhart View Post

Does the keyboard remember the lighting settings after it's powered off, or do you have to reset it every bootup? That's probably the only (and very, very minor) annoyance I have with this iOne.

good question, I just tried that and no it didn't store the lighting preference.

post #7 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHumanBeing View Post

good question, I just tried that and no it didn't store the lighting preference.

It's probably not going to without some sort of non-volatile backup... I was just curious. As I said, it's not a show-stopper for me by itself, more a "that would be great" if it did.

If you end up being bothered by the bang of the key bottoming out, there are o-ring mods to stop that. I did this on the iOne, and love it.
aHumanBeing and BrightSideSC like this.
post #8 of 14 Old 03-13-2013, 01:42 PM

Liked: 1
I have this keyboard as well. I've had it for about 6 months now, and I still love it. I've not had any problems with it, and have moved it from pc to pc easily. It appears that the old usb connector issue from the RK9000 was fixed in this model, and it has held up swimmingly. My only issue was the 3 green LEDs that don't dim with the rest of the keyboard, but it was an easy fix with some sticky black paper on the underside of the keys where the LED shows through (dims it just the right amount). I'm really happy with mine (especially the sound smile.gif ) and I hope you are happy with yours in the long run too!
aHumanBeing likes this.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-13-2013, 02:10 PM

Liked: 0
Hi! and Thanks for using the Rosewill RK-9100 Illuminated Mechanical keyboard! We really appreciate your review, and hope you enjoy this keyboard for a very long time! If you ever have any technical questions, please don't hesitate to contact Rosewill directly at: techsupport@rosewill.com

Have a great day, and happy clicking smile.gif
post #10 of 14 Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
Fan Man

so i've been doing some typeracer and I got up to 89 WPM in my best race, my other keyboard I tended to get around 65-71. Now I just need to play more games that use the keyboard tongue.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page