post #1111 of 14567 Old 12-18-2009, 12:48 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Legend of Sorts View Post
Dell AT101W ordered from ebay for $9.99 + $12.xx shipped, I hope I am not disappointed.
Just be warned, the Dell is not considered to be among the nicer mechanical keyboards. If you really like it, that's great. If you don't, please don't think that all mechanical keyboards are like it. They aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattyware go_quote.gif
You guys saying IE is fine, you do realize it can't render correctly, which, I'd like to note, is the entire point of a web browser?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 14567 Old 12-18-2009, 12:57 PM
1.3ghz

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
Just be warned, the Dell is not considered to be among the nicer mechanical keyboards. If you really like it, that's great. If you don't, please don't think that all mechanical keyboards are like it. They aren't.
Do you mean just build quality or comfort as well? This is not a good sign...
post #1113 of 14567 Old 12-18-2009, 01:18 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 164
Quote:
Keyboards are a very personal thing, so I can't say how much you will or won't like it. That said, I find the Dell to be a fatiguing mechanical keyboard. Some people really like it.

The keycaps may be a little thin, but quality on the Dell really isn't an issue.

It is among the cheapest mechanical keyboards, so if you like it, consider it as a bunch of money saved. And if you don't like it, $20 isn't that bad for a normal keyboard, let alone a mechanical one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattyware go_quote.gif
You guys saying IE is fine, you do realize it can't render correctly, which, I'd like to note, is the entire point of a web browser?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1114 of 14567 Old 12-18-2009, 01:21 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 242
he is right keyboards are very subjective. I didn't find the Dell AT101W to be tiring at all I found the Black Alps to feel lighter than Buckling Springs but they require the same amount of force so maybe it's psychosomatic and no i'm not talking about the AT101

- Christine
post #1115 of 14567 Old 12-18-2009, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Liked: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie337 View Post
Well thats what I had in mind, to build a 'sleeper' keyboard.

Keep it looking stock, but add a USB hub in the back (PS2 connection + USB) and perhaps backlighting around the keys for the geek factor.
You could also get custom keys made from signature plastics (or like 20 other places) so you can have the letters light up. It's pretty expensive though.

Quote:
Just think of it as an indicator of the difference between mechanical and rubber. It will have a higher build quality, and it won't have the squishy feel of rubber. And if you can take it and itemize exactly what you do and don't like about it, it becomes a gazillion times easier to point you to a keyboard that you will enjoy for sure.

post #1116 of 14567 Old 12-20-2009, 10:34 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 67
So I'm finally ordering my Filco tonight, Cherry Blues, but no NKRO as I don't game enough to utilize it, nor do I when I do game. So I grabbed the lavender WASD keycaps and the Italian Red option for the board, but I'm not sure how it will look. I'll post pics when I get it!

There are no choppers, only tumors.

My Audi features the ubiquitous "Add Noise" button.

post #1117 of 14567 Old 12-20-2009, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Liked: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHoleSun View Post
So I'm finally ordering my Filco tonight, Cherry Blues, but no NKRO as I don't game enough to utilize it, nor do I when I do game. So I grabbed the lavender WASD keycaps and the Italian Red option for the board, but I'm not sure how it will look. I'll post pics when I get it!
Do it!

post #1118 of 14567 Old 12-21-2009, 12:31 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 67
Hopefully Wednesday I'll have it. I'm truly grateful because I am really getting tired of this rubber dome guy that I'm using. It serves its purpose pretty well, but my fingers are just aching after a good type, which happens often with the amount of labs and projects that i have to do.

Cherry Blues, A red chassis, Red ESC key and blue WASD cluster. It's going to be great, plus I plan to switch out the LEDs for Red ones, just to match the rest of the build.

There are no choppers, only tumors.

My Audi features the ubiquitous "Add Noise" button.

post #1119 of 14567 Old 12-21-2009, 12:40 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 27
w00t! I'm getting a Deck keyboard for christmas! Red LED backlit with Cherry MX Blacks. This will be my first mechanical keyboard!

post #1120 of 14567 Old 12-21-2009, 02:42 AM
News Fiend

Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keatonus View Post
w00t! I'm getting a Deck keyboard for christmas! Red LED backlit with Cherry MX Blacks. This will be my first mechanical keyboard!
I almost got one of those, but I'm happy I opted for a tactile version instead. Still, it would have been nice to get red backlights, although the whites are nice if only because almost nobody uses them.

Dusted.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page