[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 604 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6031 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 01:24 PM
4.0ghz
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 242
steelseries 6Gv2.

- Christine
lmnop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6032 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 01:26 PM
[VGTB]?
 
De-Zant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 7,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmnop View Post
steelseries 6Gv2.
Looking forward to it. Slow delivery FTL. It was the only store that I could find a mechanical in.
De-Zant is offline  
post #6033 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 01:29 PM
 
WTHbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 213
So I got a second job, mechanical Keyboard here I come.

I just wish I could get a blue Switch Deck. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock99 go_quote.gif
Is "dumpster diving" a euphemism for shopping at Best Buy?
WTHbot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6034 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 01:33 PM
4.0ghz
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post
Looking forward to it. Slow delivery FTL. It was the only store that I could find a mechanical in.
it's a easy answer. you probably haven't even typed on a good rubber dome keyboard before. even if you have you would probably like mechanical switches more.

- Christine
lmnop is offline  
post #6035 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 01:38 PM
【ツ】
 
W4LNUT5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: вuffαlσ
Posts: 6,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Send a message via AIM to W4LNUT5 Send a message via Skype™ to W4LNUT5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHbot View Post
So I got a second job, mechanical Keyboard here I come.

I just wish I could get a blue Switch Deck. . .
You mean blue backlighting, or a board with MX blues?

If you want backlighting with MX Blues, perhaps you should be one of the first to test the new Blackwidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosser13 go_quote.gif

I have no idea what I'm doing here I just mash buttons and hope words come out on the page
W4LNUT5 is offline  
post #6036 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 01:43 PM
[VGTB]?
 
De-Zant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 7,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmnop View Post
it's a easy answer. you probably haven't even typed on a good rubber dome keyboard before. even if you have you would probably like mechanical switches more.
I guess I haven't... But it amazes me that this ancient HP keyboard still feels much better than any other rubber dome I have tried. I have tried G11/G15/G19 and they feel like crap. I have tried the Lycosa and it felt plasticy. I have tried the sidewinders and they felt just a little bit better than lycosa. Also a lot of low end keyboards have been tested.

I got annoyed by how I can't press CTRL/Shift + D at the same time... So.. It was a time for a new one.
De-Zant is offline  
post #6037 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 PM
 
WTHbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4LNUT5 View Post
You mean blue backlighting, or a board with MX blues?

If you want backlighting with MX Blues, perhaps you should be one of the first to test the new Blackwidow
I know. . . Maybe browns would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock99 go_quote.gif
Is "dumpster diving" a euphemism for shopping at Best Buy?
WTHbot is offline  
post #6038 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 02:23 PM
4.0ghz
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHbot View Post
I know. . . Maybe browns would be better.
you could always buy a used mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches and transplant them into a Deck Legend.

- Christine
lmnop is offline  
post #6039 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Commodore 64
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
After finding this thread a few months ago, I have finally decided to swap my g15rev2 for a brand new Das Ultimate, going to pick it up tomorrow. I will let you know how it feels.

I have heard that the keys cannot be removed. How would you preform deep cleaning on a Das Ultimate?
goobafish is offline  
post #6040 of 14567 Old 08-19-2010, 03:02 PM
4.0ghz
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobafish View Post
After finding this thread a few months ago, I have finally decided to swap my g15rev2 for a brand new Das Ultimate, going to pick it up tomorrow. I will let you know how it feels.

I have heard that the keys cannot be removed. How would you preform deep cleaning on a Das Ultimate?
they can be removed. see here.



soak the keycaps in a bucket of warm water and dish detergent. hold a can of compressed air on a angle a couple feet away and give a couple squirts over the steel plate.

for the faceplate buy a Novus Polish and Scratch Remover Kit.

- Christine
lmnop is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off