[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. - Page 1191 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11901 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Audiophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Clears are too heavy imo, but they work wonderfully with a lighter spring (Ergo Clears). My Poker has MX Clears and Gold Korean 62g Springs and I honestly don't think I could type on anything else, though I would like to try them with 55g springs sometime. Whites are similar to blues, but again they're heavier and the click is supposed to be softer and lower in noise. I'd like to try them as well with a lighter spring, but they're not very cheap to buy individually.

There's a lot of info here about Clears, Greys, Whites, etc., along with many modded switches (Ergo Clears, Panda Clears, Jailhouse Blues, etc.) - http://deskthority.net/wiki/Category:List_of_all_keyboard_switches

Oh and this is definitely worth checking out as well - http://imgur.com/a/RJqM4#0
mironccr345 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11902 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

So I know how Blues, browns, greens, reds, and blacks sound/feel/work. What about clears, whites, and any other MX Cherry switches?

Check out the Deskthority wiki for a description. My MX Clears haven't come in yet or I'd tell you my impressions of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post

Clears are too heavy imo, but they work wonderfully with a lighter spring (Ergo Clears). My Poker has MX Clears and Gold Korean 62g Springs and I honestly don't think I could type on anything else, though I would like to try them with 55g springs sometime. Whites are similar to blues, but again they're heavier and the click is supposed to be softer and lower in noise. I'd like to try them as well with a lighter spring, but they're not very cheap to buy individually.

There's a lot of info here about Clears, Greys, Whites, etc., along with many modded switches (Ergo Clears, Panda Clears, Jailhouse Blues, etc.) - http://deskthority.net/wiki/Category:List_of_all_keyboard_switches

Oh and this is definitely worth checking out as well - http://imgur.com/a/RJqM4#0

Where did you get those springs? I've got some Clears inbound and might want to make them a little lighter. I'm fine typing on Blacks, so they might be fine for me, but it's worth trying. I've got some Reds I can cannibalize the springs from, but I've heard that keys can sometimes stick with the ergo clears.
post #11903 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 PM
ImWatchingYouPCMM @_@

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AKIMbO_ View Post

Desoldering kit: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062731

Any soldering iron will do if you aren't going to be using it a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post

Want to do the Ergo-Clear mod to my QFR. Know where I can buy them and also some 55g or 62g springs?

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  20 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11904 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 08:29 PM
AMD Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironccr345 View Post

Want to do the Ergo-Clear mod to my QFR. Know where I can buy them and also some 55g or 62g springs?

My Clears are coming from China via qtan as my Taobao agent. Taobao is a good place if you want to potentially get them cheaper, otherwise, look at Mouser since they're cheaper on the Clears than Digikey.
post #11905 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM

Liked: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbinator View Post

My Clears are coming from China via qtan as my Taobao agent. Taobao is a good place if you want to potentially get them cheaper, otherwise, look at Mouser since they're cheaper on the Clears than Digikey.

With DigiKey's price on clears, it was almost worthwhile just to buy a Deck and do a switch-swap. At least then you'd have a place to put your old switches. tongue.gif

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant 

post #11906 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 PM
PSU Buff

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AKIMbO_ View Post

jil, is that the 1.2 or 2.0 KMAC? Looks nice!

Thanks! It's KMAC 2 - codename Evolution eh =P It's heavier than the KMAC, and doesn't have the aluminum stands.

Seasonic SS-520GB + SS-620GB + SS-520GM + SS-620GM + SS-750JS + SS-660KM + SS760KM + SS-850KM + SS460FL + SS-1050XM + SS-1250XM + SS-860XP + SS-1000XP

post #11907 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jil_jil32 View Post

Thanks! It's KMAC 2 - codename Evolution eh =P It's heavier than the KMAC, and doesn't have the aluminum stands.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

How much do those run for? I was looking for a place that sells them but come up empty handed.

Offical ROG Maximus V Owners Club

Currently Playing: Neverwinter / Guardian / Beholder
Known As KREZ everywhere else.
post #11908 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 194
That is a fine KB

Ryzen & Vega Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Case Mod Build Log
Audio (Click to show)
Sources: The Spectre | Lenovus Maximus | Huawei Honor 8
DAC's: HiFimeDIY Sabre SPDIF | iBasso D-Zero
Amplification:ASL MG-Head OTL Mark III
Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 | Shure SE215K | Logitech UE6000
Speakers
Home Theater/Lenovus Maximus: Pioneer Elite SC-85 > Music Angel SDXE M9 > Klipsch KG5.2 w/Crites tweeters/crossovers
The Spectre: Adam Ax7
Build Logs (Click to show)Overclocking Accolades (Click to show)

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #11909 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 PM
AMD Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post

With DigiKey's price on clears, it was almost worthwhile just to buy a Deck and do a switch-swap. At least then you'd have a place to put your old switches. tongue.gif

Yeah, I'm getting a 135 used Clears off of TaoBao for $45 shipped (the switches were roughly $0.16 each). The Clears at Mouser were around $1 each and even pricier at Digikey.

They'll be going on an RK-9000RE I've got on the way that I got for $35. I'm debating if I want to keep them natural or turn them into Ergo Clears.
post #11910 of 37003 Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 PM

Liked: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbinator View Post

Yeah, I'm getting a 135 used Clears off of TaoBao for $45 shipped (the switches were roughly $0.16 each). The Clears at Mouser were around $1 each and even pricier at Digikey.

They'll be going on an RK-9000RE I've got on the way that I got for $35. I'm debating if I want to keep them natural or turn them into Ergo Clears.

Last I checked, digi-key had them for ~$1.55/switch. Still cheaper than some places.

I actually need to get me some clears, I have a few mods I wanna try out.

Ala, red springs with clear tops for some lighter but more tactile browns.

Like wise, I'm probably gonna grab some 65cN springs to put in clears to make a stiff, smoother switch.

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page