No More Crappy Laptop! - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-15-2006, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
So earlier this month I opened a thread about how my laptop was on the fritz. The specs on this broken laptop was a AMD 3800 with 512 DDR memory, 512 total level 2 cache, 60 gb hard rive, and a cd-R burner. Well it broke a while back…The male power connection in the back of the laptop was broken and the female part of the power connecter was also broken…not to mention the battery would not hold a charge at all…it was always stuck at 0%. On top of all that, the hard drive had problems and every time I would use about 20 gb, the hard drive would malfunction and my laptop would shut down. So needless to say, it was a crap laptop made by Emachines! THAT’S RIGHT DO NOT BUY EMACHINES PRODUCTS! Haha
So, I come home today after work and I smell…that’s right! BURNT HAIR!…An all familiar smell to those who have a sting of bad luck with computers… It turns out my computer was sparking and smoking. So I grabed my 3 year warranty and went to best buy!
I get to best buy and the guy at geek squad overheard my story and got a manager. I was telling my story in front of 6 employees and about 10 different people in the customer service line. After telling my story of hell about my crappy laptop, the service people and manager decided I should get a new laptop that was comparable to the laptop I first purchased. I went back to the computer area and started to search…
The computer I left with is as follows.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1158319080012
HP Special Edition Laptop 15.4 Widescreen. AMD Turion 64 Dual Core processor 1.8ghz 512+512mb Level 2 cache. Windows Media Center, Nvidia Gforce Go 6150 Video Graphics card, 120gb Hard drive,1024 DDR2 Sdram, and a Lightscribe super multi 8x dvd+RW light scribe with Double layer support.
Well I got the computer for a whopping $104.09 because I got a 1 year renewable full service plan. This was the first time my warranty from best buy actually paid off!
So is this laptop any good? Anyone own it? And how is that video card?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-15-2006, 11:30 PM
The Odd Mod

Liked: 1172
Don't own it, but those are pretty decent specs

Don't expect heavy gaming though...but I am guessing the eMachines wasn't a gaming beast either
post #3 of 5 Old 12-16-2006, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 39
No, i dont plan on doing any gaming on this laptop. But i got to say, it is WAY better than my old laptop....way better! It will be ideal for internet surfing, burning dvd's, downloading music, and for travel. So far the first battery boot lasted 3 hours 23 min, thats a long battery life!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-16-2006, 12:15 AM
The Odd Mod

Liked: 1172
post #5 of 5 Old 12-16-2006, 12:16 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 137
Nice...

Les statistiques, c'est comme les minijupes, ca montre beaucoup de choses, mais, ça cache l'essentiel !
Statistics are like mini skirts, they show a lot of things, but hides the essential !
Didier Delcassé, ex Maths Teacher

Aumotocnic "An unfortunate member of the overclock.net insomnia club"

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page