D900F Freezing Issue - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-09-2016, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hi, I still use a Clevo D900F as my main laptop

Recently it has begun to freeze prompting a forced restart, it actually matches all the symptoms described here

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2381586/system-ramdonly-freezes-ramdon-flickering-screen-requiring-hard-shutdown.html

now the ONLY thing that makes no sense to me is this was all fine and good till i took KNOWN GOOD drives from my D901C and moved them to this D900F. Specifically the OS Drive which is now a Intel 520 Series SSD. Previously this laptop had a WD Scorpio and Everything was okay, issue is at the EXACT SAME TIME I also got a new adapter for the laptop, which is a working adapter but I am unsure if it is the problem.

I took some video of a recent episode

Note that i didn't catch it prior but it crashed in the middle of the logon screen

I thought it might be the GPU at first but it even survives furmark, GPU ram is all thats left to test!

All crashes so far
1. Was just on the desktop, suddenly froze with massive artificats(only special case)
2. Was just changing Skype Options and settings, suddenly, flashing red screen that is like the video
3. Was just opening IBT and it froze, nothing else, just froze
4. Was just starting up
5. Was installing Riva Tuner Statistics server, all the sudden the text looked like russian, all crazy and stuff, then everything froze, screen went black, required hard restart
Opened the start menu, screen went solid white
6. Went to a strobing screen while viewing event log

In GSmartControl, all my know good drives are not reading SMART attributes correctly, Unsure why(they suddenly read wrong in any laptop)

The Nvidia Display driver has started stopping kinda like a BAD OC. GPU is a 285M running Stock

All thermal paste is new
Memtest86 passes
Furmark works for half an hour
IBT succeeds
Prime95 Passes for half an hour
Vram is Good
Nothing from CHKdsk
Tried a known good HDD
Tried improving X58 northbridge cooling(suspected failure point

ordered another CPU just to verify(possibly something wrong with a c state or the IMC or QPI)

otherwise sounds like a new MB to me frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page