Hi there. I need a laptop. Right now I've got an undead Gateway NE522. Almost every component has been replaced at least once, but now the actual frame of the laptop is coming apart. So here's what I want from my new laptop, in order of importance:
1) Needs to be a Windows computer with a 13-16 inch screen.
2) The price must be right. Less than $600, but I'm willing to buy a used laptop so the off-the-shelf price could be higher.
3) Good build quality. This will not be a stay-at-home laptop, and I want to have it for years, so it has to be tough. I don't want it to break, and when it does break I want to be able to repair it without damaging it more. It also means that the hardware shouldn't degrade over time.
4) Gimme ports. I want a network port; at least 3 USB; SATA and VGA if possible.
5) Storage. I don't need terabytes, but I want more than an SSD worth of storage.
Also I would love a lit keyboard, but I know that that's rare. I'm turning to you guys because according to the reviews on Amazon and Newegg, no one is happy with their laptop! I've heard good things about ThinkPads, and the L560, X260, and T560 seem perfect for me but I am looking for outside input.
Any help is appreciated,