Gateway Netbook LT2005U good or no? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2009, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I was thinking to buy this for my girlfriend and would like to know from u guys if you think this is a good deal and a reliable laptop..the price is only 229.00. She wont be doing much with it.

Thanks

Windows 7Fan Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-24-2009, 06:44 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 636
You know, all the netbooks have *really* similar specs, so in terms of performance, you're not going to be get a whole lot of performance variation.

Short of finding somebody here who actually has that model, I'm not sure if you're going to be able to get a clear review as to whether it's good or not.

The main thing you should probably do is swing by your local Best Buy (or some other computer store) and have your girlfriend check out the other 10.1" netbooks they have on display and see if she can work on the small-size keyboard and screen, i.e. see if it's usable for her.

You know, when it comes to laptop "reliability", if it's going to be sitting on a clean, dry, kitchen counter all day long, it's probably going to be fairly reliable. But if you're moving it around, dropping it on the sofa, etc, it might not last that long. It's not a toughbook, and it still has a spinning hard-drive in it, so you can't exactly toss it around like a rag doll =P

Personally, Gateway's part of the Acer Group of Companies, so I'm not sure I'd buy it based on that fact alone. Acer-Group systems haven't really inspired my trust and confidence lately... =P
Optum likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo go_quote.gif
Benchmarking is so boring......
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif
Man, I hate it when debris gets stuck in my hole.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 127
How about an MSI Wind u-100? They're $30-$40 cheaper and have about the same specs. They also have a built in overclocking feature. Hit Fn+F10 while plugged in and you get an instant boost to 2GHz.
Optum likes this.

Component History:
Athlon 950 Thunderbird > Athlon 64 LE-1620 > Athlon x2 4850e > Phenom II x3 720BE > Core i5-2500K > Ryzen 7 1700
GeForce2 MX400 > Radeon HD 4650 > Radeon HD 5770 > Radeon HD 6850 > Radeon HD 6950 > Radeon R9 290 > GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page