*Official* Current/Future Alienware M11x Owner's Club - Page 24 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #231 of 309 Old 02-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Folding Fanatic
 
shnur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 3,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idra View Post
Oh. What do you guys use to carry your M11x with by the way?
I use the Neophrene Sleeve, if that's what you are referring to...

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

shnur is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #232 of 309 Old 02-17-2011, 04:41 PM
ATI Enthusiast
 
Pheatton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Ville
Posts: 3,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 143
This but I got for much cheaper.

sneaky.gif: : The Official Corsair H50/H70 Hydro Series Club : : sneaky.gif

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Pheatton is offline  
post #233 of 309 Old 02-17-2011, 05:06 PM
1.7ghz
 
MegaTherion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Can anyone recommend a good lapdesk/cooler either all-in-one or combination between the two? I'd rather it not be too large unless it's to accommodate a mouse.

"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure."
- Aldous Huxley
MegaTherion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #234 of 309 Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 PM
 
niggz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
can you overclock the i7 aswell? and how does BFBC2 run online.
niggz is offline  
post #235 of 309 Old 02-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Programmer
 
hermitmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 146
hermitmaster is offline  
post #236 of 309 Old 02-20-2011, 01:06 PM
333mhz
 
James95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi there, thinking about getting a M11x, just a few questions though, if I buy an external DVD Drive can I use it to install games?

Can I hook this up to my TV?

Does it have an Optical Output?

I'm not sure if I can afford to get it with an i7 procesor, would an i5 do? And would it run smoothly online and offline with an i5?
James95 is offline  
post #237 of 309 Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Programmer
 
hermitmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by James95;12458599 
Hi there, thinking about getting a M11x, just a few questions though, if I buy an external DVD Drive can I use it to install games?

Can I hook this up to my TV?

Does it have an Optical Output?

I'm not sure if I can afford to get it with an i7 procesor, would an i5 do? And would it run smoothly online and offline with an i5?

Yes, but Steam is a better alternative.
Yes, with an HDMI cable.
No.
The i5 is absolutely fine and will overclock to the same speed as the i7 at stock.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

hermitmaster is offline  
post #238 of 309 Old 02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
1.7ghz
 
Idra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I bought a casecrown notebook bag for my m11x. The description says it fits a 12.1 inch laptop (HP Pavilion TX) so I hope it fits my m11x. I'll know when my m11x arrives.

Idra is offline  
post #239 of 309 Old 02-20-2011, 01:22 PM
333mhz
 
James95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Ok so heres my build that I am going to buy, thoughts?

Processor: i5 520UM (3M Cache, 1.06 GHz)
OS: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
Memory: 2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x1024] (Considering upgrading to: 3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x2048 + 1x1024]) For an extra £40, worth it?

Hard Drive: 250GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive

Graphics: 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M



Overall thoughts?
James95 is offline  
post #240 of 309 Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Folding Fanatic
 
shnur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 3,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idra;12458692 
I bought a casecrown notebook bag for my m11x. The description says it fits a 12.1 inch laptop (HP Pavilion TX) so I hope it fits my m11x. I'll know when my m11x arrives.

I just got my dad a 12.1" EEE and it fits perfectly in my Alienware Neophrene bag, you should be fine the other way around smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by James95;12458785 
Ok so heres my build that I am going to buy, thoughts?

Processor: i5 520UM (3M Cache, 1.06 GHz)
OS: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
Memory: 2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x1024] (Considering upgrading to: 3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x2048 + 1x1024]) For an extra £40, worth it?

Hard Drive: 250GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive

Graphics: 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M

Overall thoughts?

I'd say stick with the i5, the i7 is the same chip, just clocked a bit higher.
I personally had 2GB of RAM in my first version and now that I have 4GB I see no improvements at all in anything I do (gaming, works, class-taking notes).
I think you're better sticking with 2GB and then buying a 4GB kit later on, it should maybe cost you £50 max. I don't know specific stores where you can order things in the UK, but there's a list somewhere in the forum here.

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

shnur is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off