How muchmore can my ram go....235fsb currently - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-15-2006, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 346
ok ive got OCZ gold series pc 3200 1gb ram..http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...ce_Series.html
(1st ones on the page) yea so ive got my ram running 1:1 with my cpu at 235fsb at 2-2-2-5 1T(i think its 1t, not too sure about that) and i think there running at 3.2v ...So yea i want to push my cpu further but dont want to run a divider as that slows down performance, just wanted to know if anyone can tell me how far can my ram go in fsb untill i have to ruin a divider to keep stable?......also i head the ocz ram is good for upto 3.8v?

SEX
Now that ive caught your attention please scroll up and ACTUALLY read my post
FOR SALE Intel Q8200 , POV 8800 GTS 512, Phenom 9500!
IVE GOT SOME SAN ACES FOR US UK GUYS, GIMME A PM IF YOUR INTERESTED
17718 3DMARK 06 score with sig righttp://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=6793718
My Xbox Gamertag is LiL WaKy, i challenge you to Street Fighter IV, COD4 and Forza 2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-15-2006, 05:28 AM
Fortran lives!

Liked: 281
3.2 is really starting to push it. I'd say probably no more than around 240 max on the FSB. Actually, dividers don't wreck performance too much, as most programs actually don't benefit from the extra bandwidth the memory will have. Only content-creation programs like Photoshop and the Macromedia software titles notice any benefit at all.

I'm a graduate student, and I develop HPC codes in Fortran and Matlab to make the world better.
My user name too long or weird for you? Feel free to call me LBN. FYI, it's French for "the black box."
Official OCN Camera Thread | Flickr | Camera Stuff: Nikon D7000,Tokina 12-24 f/4 AT-X Pro, Sigma 30 f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR
Film Gear: Pentacon Praktica LLC, Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 50 f/1.8 | Nikon N2020, Nikkor 50 f/1.4 AI-S
There's really nothing remarkable about it. All you do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself. - J.S. Bach
post #3 of 3 Old 03-15-2006, 05:46 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 415
OCZ is supposed to really love the volts...I know a couple people who run 3.4 volts through them. However, they both have taken extra measures to make sure their memory has good airflow.

One guy has his at 238 and the other gal has hers at 243...but she has some minor stability issues. Once every few days she'll have a program just shut down on her. It would drive me nuts but she just saves her games alot and dies alot in Quake4

MINNESOTA OVERCLOCKERS | The Climate Phenomenon
If it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER!!!devil.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page