4.0 GHz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

Received my Naos 7000 today .....]

I also found, that the naos performs at best on cloth surfaces. No wonder they gave a free sargas with it, but the QCK is still better. If you spray a bit of silicone on the qck, its even more better.
But right now i moved away from cloth pads, because of the fricition (wich ist the wors i ever saw on the sargas). I really like my 1030-2 L hard pad, but the NAOS has problems on both sides. If you pull it very slow vertically, you can see the cursor stopping every now and then. The control sides rough surface isnt so bad, but the speed sides fine coating makes the naos go crazy.
You also mention, that the ergonomics isnt that good for plam grip, as on the pictures. If you need a better palm rest, go for the MS-3. No mouse comes even near that shape and comfort. I agree that the naos shape is somehow in the middle between a big palm grip mouse, and a small claw grip one, but therefore not really good for either.

Anyways, i have a G502 on the way now for comparing, and it looks very likely that i will sell the mionix. Mainly because i also dont like the quality of the mionix... loud buttons, crackling wheel, no dpi indication, slippery coating that also gets fat spots from the fingers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #562 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 08:22 AM

Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

Yeah you need FLAC to fully enjoy your files on real monitors like that. What is the exact model of those things? I might get a set in the future. Right now the most trustworthy and neutral headphone I've found under 100 bucks is the Shure SRH440, they are very awesome and don't really exaggerate any frequency range. Highly recommended if you want a really reliable set of headphones to compare against your monitors or just for nighttime critical listening. I have a Xonar DG with a better than average DAC and it's nice to use with any studio equipment. Point of diminishing returns to get significantly more expensive lol. It's a really cheap sound card though so you can get your hands on one for about $30 at most if you are looking to get a better DAC than onboard crap. My ESP is the MH400NT, you can actually see it on my guitar covers on my youtube channel. Anyway I don't want to take the thread too off topic just nice to see someone with some similar interests. Enjoy the Naos. That sensor is gold.

The speakers are M-Audio AV-40 Studiophile speakers.

I have a pair of AKG K550's for quiet use and for a lot of gaming and critical listening. I dig 'em. It's a deep and never ending hole the high-end audio world.

As far as the Naos, I'm kinda feeling I should have gone for the Avior. We'll see how much more accustomed to this shape I can become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocutusH View Post

I also found, that the naos performs at best on cloth surfaces. No wonder they gave a free sargas with it, but the QCK is still better. If you spray a bit of silicone on the qck, its even more better.
But right now i moved away from cloth pads, because of the fricition (wich ist the wors i ever saw on the sargas). I really like my 1030-2 L hard pad, but the NAOS has problems on both sides. If you pull it very slow vertically, you can see the cursor stopping every now and then. The control sides rough surface isnt so bad, but the speed sides fine coating makes the naos go crazy.
You also mention, that the ergonomics isnt that good for plam grip, as on the pictures. If you need a better palm rest, go for the MS-3. No mouse comes even near that shape and comfort. I agree that the naos shape is somehow in the middle between a big palm grip mouse, and a small claw grip one, but therefore not really good for either.

Anyways, i have a G502 on the way now for comparing, and it looks very likely that i will sell the mionix. Mainly because i also dont like the quality of the mionix... loud buttons, crackling wheel, no dpi indication, slippery coating that also gets fat spots from the fingers...

To be honest, if I was going lazer I would have bought the Roccat Kone XTD or another Logitech. There are so many more lazer mice with the features and shape that I want. I had my heart set on optical and was thus extremely limited in my options. The MS-3 looks like an excellent mouse, but it doesn't have the sensor I wanted, and I can't imagine it being THAT much better than the competition. I've learned to take what people say here with a mountain of salt.

And I wouldn't say the Naos is no good for either grips. It's excellent, but I feel like I could have done a little bit better with the Avior or G502. I love the quality of the Naos, personally. The mouse wheel is a little stiffer than I like, but the buttons are extremely satisfying and feel like they should last a very, very long time. No qualms with the build quality, company, software, precision or accuracy. It's an excellent mouse, it's just the shape doesn't conform to my personal hand.

post #563 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Liked: 214
Yeah, I can't see how people could call out Mionix products in terms of build quality. They are some of the best built mice available.

Origin: Term1nalFury
Steam: xhxc57x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #564 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 11:40 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 37
Quote:

Yeah, I can't see how people could call out Mionix products in terms of build quality. They are some of the best built mice available.

Compared to what? Is always the question...
post #565 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:

Mainly compared to the notoriously bad build quality brands like SteelSeries (Rival), Razer (all DAs). The Avior and Naos just feel better put together and better thought out.

post #566 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 11:50 AM

Liked: 98
Quote:

I'm with Metal here. I'd place Mionix above Razer, Steelseries, MadCatz, ttesports, CM Storm, and Roccat easily. They're probably ahead of Zowie, but I've never had issues with Zowie mice at all. Logitech are also rock solid, so I'd put Mionix right there, maybe even slightly above.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
― Terry Pratchett, Jingo
post #567 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 02:33 PM

If you've had experience with a faulty product from a company that commonly charges a lot and are thus quite disappointed, then I can understand any frustrations and criticism. But even if you've had personal experience with a faulty product, claiming their entire line (I'm not saying that is happening here) or entire company fail to offer high quality services or products is foolish. Again. I'm not saying that's happening here, but I do see it a lot: So-and-so buys a product from so-and-so company, and It breaks after a couple of months. They then go on a GTA-style 'Trevor' rampage and completely disown them in hopes of tarnishing their reputation as some form of petty vengeance and payback. Again, I understand the frustration—I've been there—but come on?

What's worse than that, though, what really ticks me off, is when someone repeats that story to others in earnest and actually have no experience with the company in question, thus perpetuating a negative association that is founded on one faulty product or shoddy service. I can't compare Mionix to many others apart from Logitech and Razer as they are the only companies I have experience with. My Logitech equipment has been hit or miss, but I still would happily buy from them, because I know that just because my mouse's texturing started peeling off, or that my 5.1 speakers started creating unbearable sibilance, it doesn't mean the entire catalogue is tainted or FUBAR, as some would rather dramatically over-generalize. It's just they were old and cheaply built.

So far I see no reason to question Mionix, but that's just my initial opinion. I've emailed them about their return, or 'swap' policy, as I'm tempted to try out the Avior.

post #568 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:

If you've had experience with a faulty product from a company that commonly charges a lot and are thus quite disappointed, then I can understand any frustrations and criticism. But even if you've had personal experience with a faulty product, claiming their entire line (I'm not saying that is happening here) or entire company fail to offer high quality services or products is foolish. Again. I'm not saying that's happening here, but I do see it a lot: So-and-so buys a product from so-and-so company, and It breaks after a couple of months. They then go on a GTA-style 'Trevor' rampage and completely disown them in hopes of tarnishing their reputation as some form of petty vengeance and payback. Again, I understand the frustration—I've been there—but come on?

What's worse than that, though, what really ticks me off, is when someone repeats that story to others in earnest and actually have no experience with the company in question, thus perpetuating a negative association that is founded on one faulty product or shoddy service. I can't compare Mionix to many others apart from Logitech and Razer as they are the only companies I have experience with. My Logitech equipment has been hit or miss, but I still would happily buy from them, because I know that just because my mouse's texturing started peeling off, or that my 5.1 speakers started creating unbearable sibilance, it doesn't mean the entire catalogue is tainted or FUBAR, as some would rather dramatically over-generalize. It's just they were old and cheaply built.

So far I see no reason to question Mionix, but that's just my initial opinion. I've emailed them about their return, or 'swap' policy, as I'm tempted to try out the Avior.

My hate for Razer does not stem from just one product. There are hundreds of reports of consistent failures with their mice. Even on this forum a huge percentage of people have reported their DA 2013 hardly lasting a year before something screwing up. Their mice just aren't built to last to begin with. The Xai is also notoriously unreliable and difficult to keep functional. lol. I know these are only examples but time and time again I keep seeing reports about these two companies probably the most frequently vs. the others

post #569 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:

My hate for Razer does not stem from just one product. There are hundreds of reports of consistent failures with their mice. Even on this forum a huge percentage of people have reported their DA 2013 hardly lasting a year before something screwing up. Their mice just aren't built to last to begin with. The Xai is also notoriously unreliable and difficult to keep functional. lol. I know these are only examples but time and time again I keep seeing reports about these two companies probably the most frequently vs. the others

Obviously, if it is a recurring problem, then yes, there probably are some issues with the design or materials that need to be revised, or maybe their quality control is poor. Still, I would buy from Razer if they offered the right product. If we never bought from the companies that produced the products we wanted or utilized their services, we would all be living in a hole we dug ourselves with our bare hands in the deepest most baron areas of Alaska. That's not to say I'd gladly take it up in the bum when nobody produces the quality I as a consumer deserve, but neither will I completely boycott them. There are a few companies and developers that I have 'boycotted', but even then I've learned to move on and accept it.

But yeah, Razer mice do not have the track record that other major manufacturers have. It's a shame because they make highly usable products.

post #570 of 1429 Old 04-24-2014, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:

Obviously, if it is a recurring problem, then yes, there probably are some issues with the design or materials that need to be revised, or maybe their quality control is poor. Still, I would buy from Razer if they offered the right product. If we never bought from the companies that produced the products we wanted or utilized their services, we would all be living in a hole we dug ourselves with our bare hands in the deepest most baron areas of Alaska. That's not to say I'd gladly take it up in the bum when nobody produces the quality I as a consumer deserve, but neither will I completely boycott them. There are a few companies and developers that I have 'boycotted', but even then I've learned to move on and accept it.

But yeah, Razer mice do not have the track record that other major manufacturers have. It's a shame because they make highly usable products.

Sometimes. They are insistent on making laser and PTE mice way, way too often. Their only really FPS-usable mouse, the DA 2013, has noticeable smoothing. That makes pretty much their entire lineup unusable. They need to step it up and realize what people want. Mionix gives you the choice of 9800 or 3310 in both of their shapes, which is simply the right way to do it. They just need a 3rd shape that's more like the DA so we can have an ergo mouse that is also easy to lift.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page