SteelSeries Sensei startup detection problem! - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM
PC Gamer
 
b0z0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Try just pressing the left mouse button instead of trying having to unplug it. My mouse doesn't recognize everytime I turn my pc on. Once I hit a button on the mouse it's detected.
b0z0 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM
 
bosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I use Razer Synapse for Cyclosa keyboard ---> Razer Synapse and Steelseries Engine are in War.

Desinstall Synapse Driver! Then install Steelseries Engine and the usual Driver for your keyboard and all will work nice. ( will not work if both installed )
bosse is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old 04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
PC Gamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Send a message via MSN to dipanzan Send a message via Skype™ to dipanzan
Quote:
Originally Posted by curteRAmott View Post

nah... F/W upgrades din't solve my problem... I'm up-to-date till now... wha-smiley.png

Did the Sensei recently got a firmware upgrade? Any 2013 release, or did you update yourself? Search for an older SteelSeries Firmware Update Engine and reflash your Sensei. Btw is your board v2 of the GD80 because I had the v1 and it might be different in case of UEFI revisions in which case it can be a little different or MSI did something with your latest update which is causing the Sensei/XAI to not detect during boot and thus a delayed start.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesoul View Post

Hi there curteRAmott,

I had that problem a long time ago, but with steelseries Xai (http://www.overclock.net/t/988923/steelseries-xai-boot-problem). i also had to unplug the mouse until windows was fully loaded and then plug it.
From what i remember it has something to do with MB doesn't recognize both devices xai created..
I also have an MSI. The only solution i got for you and is 100% effective (i don't know about sensei and your motherboard), is to buy a usb 2.0 pci card.
It's the only way to get around that issue. I think you have a b4 hang up?
Try to see if you have some kind of bios update, because this was a known issue, and msi kind of released some updates, because there was a lot of costumers complaining with the exact same problem ( i thought that issue was already fixed....)
I hope i could help you smile.gif

I had the exact same problem with my Xai on the very same board(990FXA-GD80) back when I had AMD. The delayed boot hang is common with many recent UEFI boards because of the way the Xai interacts with the PC and to my knowledge SteelSeries never fixed it, the newer Sensei is okay though.

The solution you gave might not be needed since MSI fixed the issue themselves(for the GD80) and Z68 versions. There was even a change log regarding this in the MSI Beta BIOS forums, you can check that out.

Please disregard my post, I though you had a XAI. Never had any problem with the Sensei on the GD80, only the XAI. :/

dipanzan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 22 Old 04-10-2013, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter
 
curteRAmott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0z0 View Post

Try just pressing the left mouse button instead of trying having to unplug it. My mouse doesn't recognize everytime I turn my pc on. Once I hit a button on the mouse it's detected.

errr... 1 or 2 times in 50 that pressing thing works for me ... not always headscratch.gif
curteRAmott is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old 04-10-2013, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter
 
curteRAmott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosse View Post

I use Razer Synapse for Cyclosa keyboard ---> Razer Synapse and Steelseries Engine are in War.

Desinstall Synapse Driver! Then install Steelseries Engine and the usual Driver for your keyboard and all will work nice. ( will not work if both installed )

well i'm using a cheap a4tech keyboard since i often slam my keyboard after losing the race... whistle.gif
But tbh, there are belkin nostromo n52te, sensei, xbox 360 controller wired attached to my system ... and i don't think those drivers are clashing with each other... all of 'em working fine but that sensei... kookoo.gif
curteRAmott is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old 04-10-2013, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter
 
curteRAmott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipanzan View Post

Did the Sensei recently got a firmware upgrade? Any 2013 release

well my current sensei engine version 2.7.3047.30645 and firmware version 246 updated couple of days ago after that app notified me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipanzan View Post


Btw is your board v2 of the GD80 because I had the v1 and it might be different in case of UEFI revisions in which case it can be a little different or MSI did something with your latest update which is causing the Sensei/XAI to not detect during boot and thus a delayed start.

I actually don't know , whether it's v1 or v2, i purchased this in the first querter , and got that mouse in the middle of 2012 can't remember actually... headscratch.gif
it was fine when i start to use that mouse first time... all problem started when i upgraded the firmware with 1.19 ver of upgrade tool. well if you have any older f/w released before june, could you please post me that? you can upload that in mideafire.

current bios ver of my gd80 is 11.13 and booting is pretty fast ... within half a minute (max) the system is ready to use biggrin.gif
curteRAmott is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old 04-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Overclocker in Training
 
connectwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: an airport near you
Posts: 2,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
When you used the firmware update tool, did you reinstall the drivers or just updated the sensei mouse? Driver reinstall reinstall some usb drivers that might change it.
connectwise is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old 04-14-2013, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
 
curteRAmott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by connectwise View Post

When you used the firmware update tool, did you reinstall the drivers or just updated the sensei mouse? Driver reinstall reinstall some usb drivers that might change it.

Din't understand what you want to say... questionmark.gif
All i just did/ do , when that new update notification arrived/ arrives, i downloaded/ download the application and that firmware update tool manually from the site, then clicked/ click on the application install icon, it detects the pre-installed older version and updates itself everytime thumb.gif, then i hit that firmware update tool ( although while updating application, it updates the firmware too, i re-hit that additional update tool just to be sure about the update) and it updated/ updates that firmware. mellowsmiley.gif
curteRAmott is offline  
post #19 of 22 Old 04-14-2013, 04:29 PM
PC Gamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Send a message via MSN to dipanzan Send a message via Skype™ to dipanzan
Quote:
Originally Posted by curteRAmott View Post

well my current sensei engine version 2.7.3047.30645 and firmware version 246 updated couple of days ago after that app notified me....
I actually don't know , whether it's v1 or v2, i purchased this in the first querter , and got that mouse in the middle of 2012 can't remember actually... headscratch.gif
it was fine when i start to use that mouse first time... all problem started when i upgraded the firmware with 1.19 ver of upgrade tool. well if you have any older f/w released before june, could you please post me that? you can upload that in mideafire.

current bios ver of my gd80 is 11.13 and booting is pretty fast ... within half a minute (max) the system is ready to use biggrin.gif

Sorry I don't have the old ones now, deleted them a long time ago. frown.gif

What can suggest is to open a ticket with SteelSeries, and explain them the situation and hope they'll be able to provide with an older firmware updater. Or RMA the mouse if possible.

dipanzan is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old 04-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Overclocker in Training
 
connectwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: an airport near you
Posts: 2,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by curteRAmott View Post

Din't understand what you want to say... questionmark.gif
All i just did/ do , when that new update notification arrived/ arrives, i downloaded/ download the application and that firmware update tool manually from the site, then clicked/ click on the application install icon, it detects the pre-installed older version and updates itself everytime thumb.gif, then i hit that firmware update tool ( although while updating application, it updates the firmware too, i re-hit that additional update tool just to be sure about the update) and it updated/ updates that firmware. mellowsmiley.gif

When you've downloaded and launched the firmware update tool, there will be two options for the sensei. One is "update sensei mouse/raw/mlg sensei", the other is "driver reinstall". Clicking driver reinstall helped with my problems as it fixes the usb issues. Try them both, me thinks.
connectwise is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off