Forum Jump: 

post #581 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

It's just that the right side gives you little to 0 leverage for lifting.

The right pinky and ring finger contours are so conforming that it makes two finger pressure application to lift the mouse more difficult. But what can a dude in my situation do? No matter how I looked at it there was going to be something I had to surrender. If I wasn't as pushed for time, I could have probably waited until the G502 was released over here in the UK, but even then there were things about it that I didn't like, and that other people didn't like either—you've seen the thread. The same applies for the Roccat Kone XTD Optical, which could be pants for all I know.

If I really can't get along with the Naos and adjust to its styling, I'll use it for a few months until something else better comes available and I'll try that, and I'll sell the Mionix. I'll lose some money, but that's life. Of course I'll be disappointed as well if I don't like get along with it, but I can't spend the next few months picking through the negativity of every single mouse out there in order to find one I do like. Very few on this site resoundingly like any one product enough to recommend it. I've read so much over the last week, and I've discovered that people will literally despise a product if it even has one tiny flaw in it, and they'll push that flaw as its Achilles Heal, as some figurative iceberg to the Titanic. As a newbie to the mouse scene, searching for a replacement has been exhausting. When at every corner someone has something to criticise, where do you go?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

The right pinky and ring finger contours are so conforming that it makes two finger pressure application to lift the mouse more difficult. But what can a dude in my situation do? No matter how I looked at it there was going to be something I had to surrender. If I wasn't as pushed for time, I could have probably waited until the G502 was released over here in the UK, but even then there were things about it that I didn't like, and that other people didn't like either—you've seen the thread. The same applies for the Roccat Kone XTD Optical, which could be pants for all I know.

If I really can't get along with the Naos and adjust to its styling, I'll use it for a few months until something else better comes available and I'll try that, and I'll sell the Mionix. I'll lose some money, but that's life. Of course I'll be disappointed as well if I don't like get along with it, but I can't spend the next few months picking through the negativity of every single mouse out there in order to find one I do like. Very few on this site resoundingly like any one product enough to recommend it. I've read so much over the last week, and I've discovered that people will literally despite a product if it has one tiny flaw in it, and they'll push that flaw as its Achilles Heal, as some figurative iceberg to the Titanic. As a newbie to the mouse scene, searching for a replacement has been kind of exhausting. When at every corner someone has something to criticise, where do you go?

That's the OCN experience right there. There is no such thing as a perfect mouse but to me the Avior comes damned close.

Origin: Term1nalFury
Steam: xhxc57x
post #583 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:

That's the OCN experience right there. There is no such thing as a perfect mouse but to me the Avior comes damned close.

Ha! Well, at least you know where I'm coming from and I'm not completely insane. thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #584 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

Ha! Well, at least you know where I'm coming from and I'm not completely insane. thumb.gif

Of course not insane. That's the way we are on here. You get a unique look into the real downsides of sensors and one mouse vs. the other in intricate detail here so of course you're going to end up seeing people who can't stand mouse A or B because they have one minor issue that affects them more than everyone else. Then you get straight 100 percent bs from some people about how turning off obscure BIOS settings reduced input lag by 1 ns and how that actually makes a tangible difference in their play. You have to be careful of some on here but most are highly knowledgeable. I come from a computer engineering background so I like to give empirical and first hand insight on products, not speculation based on psychological effects.

post #585 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 02:00 PM

Liked: 4
I purchased the Avior 7000 and it is by far the best mouse that i have ever used. It is quite damn near flawless. I would recommend it to anyone that has a fingertip grip as it was recommended to me.
post #586 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:

Of course not insane. That's the way we are on here. You get a unique look into the real downsides of sensors and one mouse vs. the other in intricate detail here so of course you're going to end up seeing people who can't stand mouse A or B because they have one minor issue that affects them more than everyone else. Then you get straight 100 percent bs from some people about how turning off obscure BIOS settings reduced input lag by 1 ns and how that actually makes a tangible difference in their play. You have to be careful of some on here but most are highly knowledgeable. I come from a computer engineering background so I like to give empirical and first hand insight on products, not speculation based on psychological effects.

Well, this is exactly what I wanted from people, and no offence but you were one of the only ones who were willing to give evidentiary reasoning behind your opinions. Everyone else just told me everything was BS and we should all go hide in a dark room until death so as not to buy a product that wasn't meticulous in every way. I'm being a bit dramatic and offensive there. I'm just tired. In the end I settled on a Corsair K70 with Brown switches for a keyboard (I was really only left with one to choose from), the Naos for a mouse and the Qck Mini for a cheap surface that was small. If the Naos TOTALLY sucks, I'll send it back and replace it with the Avior or with the M45.

post #587 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 07:05 PM

Liked: 16
Angry have you tried the Avior? I'm tellin you man you're going to love it. I initially thought that the shape didn't lend itself well to fingertip gripping or claw but since I have actually tried both grip types on the mouse they both work superbly. Fingertip gripping the mouse actually feels great! I mean it's a nice light mouse with a great coating. The Avior is a masterpiece, it really is, a true work of art, designed by people who knew what they were doing and had a passion to create a truly high end gaming mouse.

It's nearly perfect, I mean it doesn't get much better than this. It really doesn't. If you have the Avior there is absolutely no longer any reasons why your aim should be 'off' other than human error now. It tracks perfectly on any good cloth pad. My Talent, my QCK heavy, and my CM Power Mousepads all track with this thing wonderfully. Also anyone who hasn't use the CM Power mousepad I highly recommend it, I honestly feel like I shoot better with it than my Talent.

post #588 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 07:12 PM

Liked: 3
I'm pretty sure Angry said that he wanted a palm grip mouse though.

And what did people think about the Avior shape before it came out with this new sensor? I don't think it was anywhere near as popular as the NAOS until this sensor upgrade, was it?

Rig
post #589 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by immakulate View Post

Angry have you tried the Avior? I'm tellin you man you're going to love it. I initially thought that the shape didn't lend itself well to fingertip gripping or claw but since I have actually tried both grip types on the mouse they both work superbly. Fingertip gripping the mouse actually feels great! I mean it's a nice light mouse with a great coating. The Avior is a masterpiece, it really is, a true work of art, designed by people who knew what they were doing and had a passion to create a truly high end gaming mouse.

It's nearly perfect, I mean it doesn't get much better than this. It really doesn't. If you have the Avior there is absolutely no longer any reasons why your aim should be 'off' other than human error now. It tracks perfectly on any good cloth pad. My Talent, my QCK heavy, and my CM Power Mousepads all track with this thing wonderfully. Also anyone who hasn't use the CM Power mousepad I highly recommend it, I honestly feel like I shoot better with it than my Talent.

Ditto on all of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice009 View Post

I'm pretty sure Angry said that he wanted a palm grip mouse though.

And what did people think about the Avior shape before it came out with this new sensor? I don't think it was anywhere near as popular as the NAOS until this sensor upgrade, was it?

Was the Avior 8200 first? It might have been. Mionix hasn't really been around that long but I sure heard of the Naos before the Avior myself. Like people using the Naos 5000.

post #590 of 1929 Old 04-16-2014, 11:31 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 3
Woo, finally ordered this mouse! Now I eagerly await it's arrival!

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page