post #4321 of 4669 Old 02-04-2016, 04:23 PM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

Dam.. just literally order a G303 today and is arriving today, prime is such a beautiful thing...

I was tempted to get the G303 myself, but I just don't like the shape of it, so I think I'm going to give it a miss. I think I'll just wait for the TP, I don't mind waiting, I've got my trusty Ergo 2015 next to me, so it's all good.

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 4669 Old 02-04-2016, 11:35 PM

Liked: 142
Dreyka (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyka View Post

Why do you think that so much of gaming mouse marketing is borrowed from cars. People care about their mouse looking cool and there are sadly plenty of people on this forum complaining that a mouse doesn't look "office" enough. I just can't stand the snobs here who look done on people for liking christmas tree mice while celebrating a boring office silver/black appearance. You are both judging a mouse based on personal aesthetic preference and there is no correct answer. But this forum is filled with immature people who state their preference as if it is objective fact.

Logitech mice look like they do because that is what their market research says the market wants. Personally, if it performs great, in a shape I like and doesn't weigh a lot then I'm happy. I'll just turn the LEDs off and continue on with my day because a mouse is just a tool. Being functional is what matters.

The fact that Finalmouse with their Ultra esportz super gaming marketing have a white LED in their mouse speaks volumes about what the market wants. At least Zowie moved away from LEDs except in the EC series out of pure laziness because they didn't want to redesign the PCB for an LED CPI indicator underneath the mouse. The fact that Finalmouse has a braided cable even though the majority here dislike braided cables just shows how even they must balance marketability to a wider audience along side a whiny enthusiast niche.

Straight up ignoring the consequences of designing for aesthetics.

LEDs can: be distracting, add weight, increase hand temperature, degrade performance, change balance, increase cost, etc.

Certain angles and edges chosen for aesthetics can make a mouse uncomfortable. The "fancier" the design the more likely it will weigh more. Some materials chosen for aesthetics can reduce durability and grip.

When a mouse is designed as a tool rather than a "toy" it will end up looking very boring and "cheap" to people who don't think "gaming" mice should be about performance first.

Update: I seen this today after looking up pictures of the IE3.

Quote:
『ZOWIE GEAR』 のゲーミングギアはカジュアルなゲーマーのためのものではなく、真剣なゲーマーのためのものです。私たちの製品全ては、真剣なゲーマーだけのために作っています。

例として、彼ら(SpawN、HeatoN)がどのようにしてゲーミングマウスを選んだか説明しましょう。SpawN、君がゲーミングマウスを選ぶ時に一番優先する事は?

SpawN
1 番目は持ちやすさや使いやすさなどが快適であること。2 番目はパフォーマンス、そして安定性です。

Vincent
これを多くのノンゲーマーがマウスを購入する時に優先する項目と比較してみましょう。

Gamers

Comfort - 快適であること(持ちやすさ)
Performance - パフォーマンス
Stability - 安定性

Non-Gamers

Price - 価格
Function - 機能
Spec - スペック
Looks - ルックス
post #4323 of 4669 Old 02-04-2016, 11:38 PM

Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

increase hand temperature,
the led has to be wayyyy too bright for that to be any sort of issue
Quote:
degrade performance
if whoever wrote the firmware can't make controlling the led's not affect performance, then the firmware is almost certainly garbage in the first place.

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4324 of 4669 Old 02-04-2016, 11:41 PM

Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

the led has to be wayyyy too bright for that to be any sort of issue

I don't currently own mice with an LED logo.

I heard people complain about (some) mice causing their palm to become sweaty because of the LED. I guess that would be relative to not having the LED on.
post #4325 of 4669 Old 02-05-2016, 12:54 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 7
not going to buy scream one if an LED is forced on it with no option to disable it, let alone a software that actually lets you use the 50 increment dpi steps
post #4326 of 4669 Old 02-05-2016, 01:42 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

if whoever wrote the firmware can't make controlling the led's not affect performance, then the firmware is almost certainly garbage in the first place.
coughsteelseriescough
post #4327 of 4669 Old 02-05-2016, 01:51 AM
Security Sleuth

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by equlix View Post

coughsteelseriescough
coughrazer mambacough

MAKE MORE PWM FLICKER FREE LAPTOPS!

My dream is 3366 in FK1//G400/Mionix NAOS shell.
post #4328 of 4669 Old 02-05-2016, 01:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I mean, the Hori Edge randomly screws itself with the LEDs enabled so I'm gonna go ahead and say it's just garbage. Hope the AM I got cheap doesn't force me back to my Edge. rolleyes.gif

"Push your mouse to the limited with Overdrive. Legendary shape enhanced with premium martials."
post #4329 of 4669 Old 02-05-2016, 03:36 AM

Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

I don't currently own mice with an LED logo.

I heard people complain about (some) mice causing their palm to become sweaty because of the LED. I guess that would be relative to not having the LED on.

LEDs are so efficient and use such little power that there is no way it's going to warm up your hand.

Sharp angles may affect the comfort but it may not. You can't conclusively argue one way or the other as everyone has a unique hand shape/size there are plenty of people who complain about shapes that others love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

I mean, the Hori Edge randomly screws itself with the LEDs enabled so I'm gonna go ahead and say it's just garbage. Hope the AM I got cheap doesn't force me back to my Edge. rolleyes.gif

Turn them off then.

post #4330 of 4669 Old 02-05-2016, 09:00 AM

Liked: 14
lol @ LED whine. it's imposible for a mouse led to make your hand sweat. how can people write off a mouse because of one LED? people wonder why they can't find a mouse they like whistle.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page