Nixeus REVEL [It's here!] - Page 35 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #341 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yeah, after using mine some more it seems I also got lucky and have none of the issues people are describing. The only thing of note is that the LMB/RMB are slightly different (RMB a little stiffer/louder) but nothing to the severity people are describing here.

Pretty happy with the mouse overall, it's unfortunate that so many people are receiving duds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 04:53 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 86
Mines currently in the cargo hold of an airplane... traveling to its "destination".

USPS is kind of vague with "destination". European airport? USA pitstop?

post #343 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 04:54 PM
PC Gamer

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Mines currently in the cargo hold of an airplane... traveling to its "destination".

USPS is kind of vague with "destination". European airport? USA pitstop?

Destination just means your address that it's being shipped to lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #344 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 05:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolfus View Post

Yeah, after using mine some more it seems I also got lucky and have none of the issues people are describing. The only thing of note is that the LMB/RMB are slightly different (RMB a little stiffer/louder) but nothing to the severity people are describing here.

Pretty happy with the mouse overall, it's unfortunate that so many people are receiving duds.

Seems like a case of the usual forum overreaction. I'll have mine Wednesday for my own personal call on the matter.

Main Mouse: Logitech G402

Rotation: Logitech G Pro, Logitech G403, Nixeus Revel

NOTE: The Allsop Raindrop XL is the mousepad you love that you haven't bought. thumb.gif
post #345 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 05:57 PM

Liked: 4
I thought I missed the first outgoing batch, but I got my Massdrop shipment notification when it was already delivered to my doorstep.

First impression after using it for a couple hours is that it's a decent, solid mouse. I like the shape and feel -- the glossy white is very slick but no issues with that. The rubber cable is soft and flexible, quite nice. The LMB and RMB on mine feel identical to one another and don't seem to have any build quality issue unlike some other mentions here. However the clicks are a good bit louder/clunkier than those of my G400s which uses Omron D2FC-F-7N switches, I much prefer those. The mousewheel is softer with less "crispy" detents compared to the G400s, scrolling is quieter. No real problems with drag except if I'm pulling straight down with some palm pressure on the back; I'm a fingertip gripper and doubt I'll ever have to deal with that. Might be problematic for palm grippers that really rest their hand on the mouse. The sensor is great and I like the low lift-off distance.

Only things I would really like to change would be to have some softer/quieter switches for LMB/RMB and some way of disabling the lights. It's green at 800dpi and not all that garish but I could do without it all the same. I got this mouse as a stopgap because my Logitech G400s is dying (random disconnect/reconnects now & then) and the current Logitech releases look ridiculous. Once they come out with a normal looking mouse with the 3360/3366 sensor I'll be going back but I'm quite happy with this purchase in the meantime.
post #346 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
I have a dirty ~10 year old OEM Dell mouse in my office that no one in their right mind would buy even for 25 cents, but the clicks on LMB/RMB are leagues more responsive, quicker, and crisper. So does that mean the mouse I received has a defect? If so can I return or replace it?
post #347 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 06:25 PM

Liked: 2
My first impression is honestly positive. The shape is great (this is obviously subjective) coming from a WMO, another of my favorite ambi shapes. The clicks don't feel that characteristically different between left and right for me. They're a little loud, but not off-puttingly hard to press. Certainly not worse than zowie's. I also have no discernible drag in any direction, even when applying some real downward force.

I averaged 170 ms on http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime in one of the 5 sequence tests with this mouse, which is on par with the best I've done on other mice, so there doesn't seem to be a practical downside to reaction time.

Sensor is great, no surprise there. I'm curious on the button thing - for people reporting terrible buttons, how are you holding the mouse and where are you pressing? I have 18.5 cm hands, pretty much palm it, and my fingers rest close-ish to the front. Clicking there I'm not having any real issues.

In terms of quality control the only thing I noticed is that the sticker on the bottom could have been put on slightly better - there is one little spot where it comes up just over the edge by a fraction of a millimeter, but this doesn't appear high enough to cause drag (i.e. is still appreciably below the level of the mouse feet).

It's possible that I just happened to get a good unit.
post #348 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 07:21 PM

Liked: 5
I still haven't recived my shipping info.
post #349 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 07:24 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post

I still haven't recived my shipping info.
[*]
post #350 of 2440 Old 08-05-2016, 07:28 PM

Liked: 155
I got the mouse, clicks seems stiff no?

This uses the same feet as steelseries sensei right?

20 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page