Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 102 Old 08-09-2016, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstN View Post

Quick question about the GameDVR thing, if you have the xbox app unninstalled, is it automatically turned off?

No man, gotta disable it and then uninstall. It's a wide misconception. If you search on google/reddit there are points on how to remove it from registry in a situation like yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 102 Old 08-09-2016, 09:43 AM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badben25 View Post

No man, gotta disable it and then uninstall. It's a wide misconception. If you search on google/reddit there are points on how to remove it from registry in a situation like yours.

Oh alright thanks smile.gif
post #33 of 102 Old 08-09-2016, 10:48 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post

That is nowhere near fine IMO.

500 polling should be stable around it with regularities in polling if you have stuff doing GPU accelerated things.

By the way, you did run the thing with nothing open right? For instance Chrome? If it was open while taking that measurement, then I suppose it's fine.

Otherwise that's pretty terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAGGARD View Post

Yeah, what Huzzaa said. That 500-1000us variance is bad stuff. If you recorded these with nothing else running that's something you would maybe want to look into.
That 4ms outlier makes this plot unreadable. Should have cut the data point at 4000 or after that. But it does look pretty normal otherwise - variance stays below 500us throughout those 8 seconds.

IIRC it was with basically "everything" running.

Chrome with Twitch + a lot of Tabs and Overwatch in the background (menu tho). So this was with "heavy load".

EDIT: Also for the DVR-thingy, I found this project some time ago. Allows you to even set higher settings than the usual way (unless MS changed it)
https://github.com/FunkyFr3sh/GameDVR_Config/releases

EDIT2 : Just redid it. I saw that the previous plot I posted was from v1.1 of the MouseTester and I also had the G303 plugged in (wasn't moving tho). The only things that were running were stuff like, Acronis Service, Corsair Tool, Steam, Afterburner, hMailServer and probably a few minor ones.

Still is a lot better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 102 Old 08-09-2016, 01:20 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I don't understand their business decisions to pop out a new OS instead of update their per-exisitng one.. I'd say majority were happy on 7

This probably wouldn't change much. The newest Windows 7 update would look like Windows 10 does now.

The change from the original OS X to the current version is about as drastic, as an example.
post #35 of 102 Old 08-10-2016, 06:20 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 12
I upgraded to Win10 before the free update offer expired and I'm liking it in every single bit.. not sure why all this hate, or why people assume that windows 7 is somehow drastically different. If anything, lots of my stuff such as audio quality got better after installing win10.. not sure if it's the directX 12 thing or just better drivers.

I don't believe I have tried this anniversary update though.
post #36 of 102 Old 08-10-2016, 07:42 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post

I upgraded to Win10 before the free update offer expired and I'm liking it in every single bit.. not sure why all this hate, or why people assume that windows 7 is somehow drastically different. If anything, lots of my stuff such as audio quality got better after installing win10.. not sure if it's the directX 12 thing or just better drivers.

I don't believe I have tried this anniversary update though.

maybe you are not an advanced user, I personally hate windows 10, Im forced to use it because its the only windows 100% compatible with my laptop, and every time I see it booting up and the windows logo Im filled with hate and rage, and hope thay maybe some day microsoft will go bankrupt.

The forced updates, silent driver and software installaions from windows update, cortana, defender and all the cancer that cant be disabled without 3rd party tools, the bloatware and the automatic silent configurations. Its like they took inspiration from 2010 touchwiz.

Ill destroy microsoft some day if I have the chance.

G9 -> G400s -> Tt Saphira -> G100s -> Krait 2013 -> Sensei RAW -> G402 -> DA Chroma -> G403 Wireless

Tt Dasher -> Qck+ -> Dota2 Qck+ -> Steelseries Dex -> CM Speed RX -> Logitech G240 -> Taito Mid 3mm
post #37 of 102 Old 08-10-2016, 09:21 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wphantom View Post

maybe you are not an advanced user, I personally hate windows 10, Im forced to use it because its the only windows 100% compatible with my laptop, and every time I see it booting up and the windows logo Im filled with hate and rage, and hope thay maybe some day microsoft will go bankrupt.

The forced updates, silent driver and software installaions from windows update, cortana, defender and all the cancer that cant be disabled without 3rd party tools, the bloatware and the automatic silent configurations. Its like they took inspiration from 2010 touchwiz.

Ill destroy microsoft some day if I have the chance.

With the pro liscence you can disable defender and automatic updates even uninstall specific updates, pretty descent imo but yea "home" is definitely not for power users.
post #38 of 102 Old 08-10-2016, 09:38 AM

Liked: 2

This is mine with effectively nothing running on my PC (<1% CPU usage). Wired G900 on the left, wireless on the right. I gather this is pretty bad, but it doesn't seem to affect my performance in game that I can tell.

I've disabled Cortana and XBox DVR fwiw.
post #39 of 102 Old 08-10-2016, 01:52 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevanCorana View Post

With the pro liscence you can disable defender and automatic updates even uninstall specific updates, pretty descent imo but yea "home" is definitely not for power users.

Its just funny how everything w10 does, w8.1 or win7 does it better, it literally has no advantages, people just use it because it forcefuly installed itself or it comes preinstalled.

G9 -> G400s -> Tt Saphira -> G100s -> Krait 2013 -> Sensei RAW -> G402 -> DA Chroma -> G403 Wireless

Tt Dasher -> Qck+ -> Dota2 Qck+ -> Steelseries Dex -> CM Speed RX -> Logitech G240 -> Taito Mid 3mm
post #40 of 102 Old 08-10-2016, 02:16 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 34
You're probably also one of these guys that said "I'll never switch to WIndows 7. I'll stay on XP forever"
Th3Awak3n1ng likes this.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page