3.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribbyDaGreat View Post

600x450px-LL-5710d797_IMG_1349.jpeg

My gut is telling me there will not be any indicator as to whether a particular model will or will not OC.  I think the manufacturer is interchanging panels or has since the first run of the monitors and is now using a different panel setup (clearly something changed between the two I have.)  My new one has what would appear to be a later SN than my first one.  Monitor I can OC is LED2B - monitor I cannot is LED2C.  We obviously need more info from other owners to try and figure this out.

can't overclock serial 2C does not goes above 65hz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicBlue View Post

To the people complaining about the stand tilting to one side, can't you just stick a piece of folded paper or cardboard under one side of the base to level it out?
That won't stop it from wobbling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttoadd.nz View Post

Yea using just a 6990, I'm getting the same flickering disco as you. In my case it doesnt flicker straight away, I need to reboot for program to kick in. It when it gets into windows it does it. I dont know but the second time I tried it, I rebooted to a completely black screen... I had to format and and now reinstalling all my apps...mad.gif
Geez, you shouldn't have to reformat. You should be able to boot into safe mode or hook up your old monitor, then run the program and use the "Delete" button next to the monitor drop-down list to mark the monitor for removal, then click OK and reboot. That will reset the monitor to the default configuration.

It's also not supposed to boot into the new resolution unless you edited the first resolution instead of creating a new one, but I don't have control over which resolution the video driver chooses to use. The first detailed resolution in the list is supposed to be the default resolution, but the driver may have decided to go for the highest refresh rate instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by necriss View Post

Seems like an issue with ToastyX's program not supporting newer AMD cards. Can someone try ATI Tray Tools and see if the refresh rate forcer in that works ? http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=320467
There aren't any other programs that work for ATI/AMD cards except PowerStrip, but PowerStrip controls the hardware directly and doesn't have a way of telling Windows or the video driver about the new refresh rate, so that's not a good solution. My program just tells the video driver what resolutions to use with the monitor, independent of the video card, so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. It looks like some of the catleaps just can't do higher refresh rates, and the video driver tried to use the new resolution when it shouldn't have, which is why people are having problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiNiaRiS View Post

you obviously haven't been following us at all. you bought a catleap with speakers. it seems like the SE models without speakers may not be capable of the higher refresh rates which is really disappointing...and a lot of people are gonna be pissed.
or it could be a video card issue. we're not sure.
Mine is the one without speakers, and I was the one that posted about getting 85 Hz.
Quote:

Back of new panel

IMG_1343.JPG

More in a few.

Do you have the panel model listed on the sticker for each of these monitors?
post #273 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 1
Has anyone been charged import duties on the delivery of their monitor? (To the US of A, that is.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
333mhz

Liked: 6
Quote:

600x450px-LL-5710d797_IMG_1349.jpeg

My gut is telling me there will not be any indicator as to whether a particular model will or will not OC.  I think the manufacturer is interchanging panels or has since the first run of the monitors and is now using a different panel setup (clearly something changed between the two I have.)  My new one has what would appear to be a later SN than my first one.  Monitor I can OC is LED2B - monitor I cannot is LED2C.  We obviously need more info from other owners to try and figure this out.

Thanks for info. If it ends up being the LED-B that can always overclock, I'm sure we can ask the sellers to sell us those while they last.
post #275 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by stblazer View Post

Quote:
Here is the wall mount set up.
531x625px-LL-9cefd70e_IMG_1345.jpeg
That's exactly the type of wall mount I've been looking for. Can you please share where you purchased them?

Here you go - CLICKY

post #276 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post

That won't stop it from wobbling.
Geez, you shouldn't have to reformat. You should be able to boot into safe mode or hook up your old monitor, then run the program and use the "Delete" button next to the monitor drop-down list to mark the monitor for removal, then click OK and reboot. That will reset the monitor to the default configuration.
It's also not supposed to boot into the new resolution unless you edited the first resolution instead of creating a new one, but I don't have control over which resolution the video driver chooses to use. The first detailed resolution in the list is supposed to be the default resolution, but the driver may have decided to go for the highest refresh rate instead.
There aren't any other programs that work for ATI/AMD cards except PowerStrip, but PowerStrip controls the hardware directly and doesn't have a way of telling Windows or the video driver about the new refresh rate, so that's not a good solution. My program just tells the video driver what resolutions to use with the monitor, independent of the video card, so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. It looks like some of the catleaps just can't do higher refresh rates, and the video driver tried to use the new resolution when it shouldn't have, which is why people are having problems.
Mine is the one without speakers, and I was the one that posted about getting 85 Hz.
Do you have the panel model listed on the sticker for each of these monitors?

I don't have a good shot of the first one.  I am hoping that others will post up so I won't have to dismantle my setup!  I will if we don't get some answers soon.  I honestly didn't think to shoot detailed pics of the back of my first panel since at that time I didn't know I would be getting a second.

Please, please, please - someone else shoot some pics of theirs I seriously don't want to take them all down!  rolleyes.gif

post #277 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Mobo Master

Liked: 143
I personally think the model numbering scheme and whatever else is irrelevant in getting monitor that can hit higher refresh ratings.
These are lower end manufacturers, and I believe they use a variety of internals depending on time of manufacturing and what not.
Luck of the draw I suppose.

post #278 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geglamash View Post

I personally think the model numbering scheme and whatever else is irrelevant in getting monitor that can hit higher refresh ratings.
These are lower end manufacturers, and I believe they use a variety of internals depending on time of manufacturing and what not.
Luck of the draw I suppose.

Could be just that random.  What we do know for sure is they are shipping the same model numbers with slightly different internals.

EDIT:  At least the Catleap w/speakers.  

BTW I still LOVE the new one since I really am not seeing a difference between the two.  60hz on top 95hz below for now and I cannot tell so I must have vision issues!  tongue.gif

post #279 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM
333mhz

Liked: 6
Everyone: If you could post a picture of the serial/model number on the outside of your box along with if your monitor overclocks, it'd be helpful.

Thanks.
post #280 of 11311 Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 197
Quote:

Could be just that random.  What we do know for sure is they are shipping the same model numbers with slightly different internals.

EDIT:  At least the Catleap w/speakers.  

BTW I still LOVE the new one since I really am not seeing a difference between the two.  60hz on top 95hz below for now and I cannot tell so I must have vision issues!  tongue.gif

For normal desktop, differences in refresh rate won't make a difference its in games and actual motion where the 97hz will see a difference. In desktop mode you may notice a difference in mouse movement or movement of open windows but it wont be drastic.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page