2.4ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka View Post

hey guys,
i've been looking into this Korean monitors thing for a long time , and i finally decided to order an achieva lite for it's the cheapest of all of them
anyway , i was wondering if i could get this to work on a gtx670 with decent fps rates with games !
would my card handle 2560x1440 smoothly with high graphic games like crysis 2 ?
if yes then i'll join this club immediately biggrin.gif

Here's a 580 gtx @ 2560 x 1600 (more demanding than 2560 x 1440) averaging 37 fps. You're 670 will run it just fine! thumb.gif

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-580/performance

(change the game to crysis 2, or whatever game you want to see avg fps at. And of course your 670 will get more fps than a 580.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #852 of 3508 Old 07-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Fan Man

Liked: 11
Send a message via AIM to JanqeD Send a message via Skype™ to JanqeD
Ive never owned a good monitor in my entire life and always used to say Im going to buy a monitor like that when i would walk by the macs lol now that im deployed and my wife gave me the thumbs up here comes a new 3570k & gtx 670 build which both are decent top notch which ive never had before lol and ive never had an SSD and got one for steal with a shell shocker deal biggrin.gif So Last but not least going to pull the plug on this Shimian monitor a week before I return to home so its there when I get home. Never been so excited! I think im going to grab one from TA_Planet on ebay let me know if someone recommend anyone else Ive read alot of mixed reviews of sellers my biggest thing is being based overseas I am an APO address and red cap doesnt ship to APO on all his products for some odd reason frown.gif

sonic.gif "I just felt like runnin" sonic.gif
post-flame-small.gif1440p and above Gaming Clubpost-flame-small.gif
post #853 of 3508 Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 PM
2.4ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanqeD View Post

Ive never owned a good monitor in my entire life and always used to say Im going to buy a monitor like that when i would walk by the macs lol now that im deployed and my wife gave me the thumbs up here comes a new 3570k & gtx 670 build which both are decent top notch which ive never had before lol and ive never had an SSD and got one for steal with a shell shocker deal biggrin.gif So Last but not least going to pull the plug on this Shimian monitor a week before I return to home so its there when I get home. Never been so excited! I think im going to grab one from TA_Planet on ebay let me know if someone recommend anyone else Ive read alot of mixed reviews of sellers my biggest thing is being based overseas I am an APO address and red cap doesnt ship to APO on all his products for some odd reason frown.gif

I bought dream-seller and everything was fine for me.. I bought a "lite" model (no glass) for 297. thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #854 of 3508 Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:

Awesome deal. I hope it all works great for ya!
post #855 of 3508 Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Fan Man

Liked: 11
Send a message via AIM to JanqeD Send a message via Skype™ to JanqeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpHaAiOnS View Post

I bought dream-seller and everything was fine for me.. I bought a "lite" model (no glass) for 297. thumb.gif

Got it nice and cheap the lite one i found is like $380 (Perfect Pixel) though was your perfect pixels and do you have a link biggrin.gif This monitor looks awesome

sonic.gif "I just felt like runnin" sonic.gif
post-flame-small.gif1440p and above Gaming Clubpost-flame-small.gif
post #856 of 3508 Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 AM

Liked: 1
I'm kindda wishing I got the glass front model instead of the lite version. Maybe there is a clear screen protector for this?
post #857 of 3508 Old 07-09-2012, 06:57 AM
2.4ghz

Quote:

Got it nice and cheap the lite one i found is like $380 (Perfect Pixel) though was your perfect pixels and do you have a link biggrin.gif This monitor looks awesome

I didn't buy a perfect pixel monitor.. So I have one green dot in the upper right hand corner.

but I think it's smaller than the size of a pixel... Some other ppl have the same thing I have:

"I have a strange effect on my ShiMian Lite model (pixel perfect).
Got it last week and was praising the quality, but noticed a stuck green dot yesterday. The very odd part is that it's less than a pixel. I found it on a black screen. It was extremely faint, barely noticeable. Putting up an all red screen and using a magnifier, I noticed the green dot as being about 30% the area of the lit adjacent red sub-pixel. It also had an irregular shape unlike the lit red which has a vertical, sharply defined, rectangular shape. Anyone has a clue as to what is happening? All other aspects of the monitor are excellent."

http://www.overclock.net/t/1228062/achieva-shimian-monitor-club/790#post_17627350

post #858 of 3508 Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 AM
2.4ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannix View Post

I'm kindda wishing I got the glass front model instead of the lite version. Maybe there is a clear screen protector for this?

I was kinda thinking the same thing... But then I remembered if I ever have a light on or have natural light hitting the screen it's gonna drive me crazy, lol

(and sorry for double posting..)

post #859 of 3508 Old 07-09-2012, 03:20 PM
2.4ghz

Put me in the club! thumb.gif

post #860 of 3508 Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM
2.4ghz