CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 238 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #2371 of 6485 Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 5
My baby i cant find any dead pixels.......

Whats a program to help you see if you have any?

Got mine today and ordering another Crossover tomorrow!

By far the best chance you have of not getting bad pixels is Crossover by far! In all the Korean monitor clubs all have not such an emasculate perfect pixel percent.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 6485 Old 08-25-2012, 03:55 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 7
Lol I suspect you mean immaculate, not emasculate. Pristine, not removing masculine properties. But yes, of my 3 crossovers I had a grand total of 1 stuck subpixel - which in fact has disappeared over the past month or so, it's been 3 months and I am still super stoked on my purchase - 3 crossovers for the price of 1 apple cinema display FTW!

post #2373 of 6485 Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Liked: 0
Hi all,
New to this forum but have spent the last while reading pages on this monitor. Hoping to purchase a crossover due to the better stand.
I have two questions that I'm hoping you may be able to answer for me.
1) I'm using getting a new 2012 macbook pro(Non retina) and I understand I'll need display port to dual link avi. Have any of you here used a Macbook pro with this screen? Any comments or reservations?
2) Why do some 27Q be advertised as 380cd/m² brightness and other 27Q models be listed as 420cd/m² brightness?
Thanks in advance :-)
Damien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2374 of 6485 Old 08-25-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuad View Post

Lol I suspect you mean immaculate, not emasculate. Pristine, not removing masculine properties. But yes, of my 3 crossovers I had a grand total of 1 stuck subpixel - which in fact has disappeared over the past month or so, it's been 3 months and I am still super stoked on my purchase - 3 crossovers for the price of 1 apple cinema display FTW!

haha yup either it's a typo or he thinks the monitors are so awesome that they are making him feel like less of a man by comparison.

post #2375 of 6485 Old 08-25-2012, 10:30 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Stenson View Post

Hi all,
New to this forum but have spent the last while reading pages on this monitor. Hoping to purchase a crossover due to the better stand.
I have two questions that I'm hoping you may be able to answer for me.
1) I'm using getting a new 2012 macbook pro(Non retina) and I understand I'll need display port to dual link avi. Have any of you here used a Macbook pro with this screen? Any comments or reservations?
2) Why do some 27Q be advertised as 380cd/m² brightness and other 27Q models be listed as 420cd/m² brightness?
Thanks in advance :-)
Damien

For the 27q and 27m, you will need an active mini-displayport to DVI adapter if you want the monitor to display 2560x1440 (using HDMI or a passive adapter results in a max resolution of 1920x1080 because only active adapters can take advantage of the DVI's dual-link). This also means that you will need a dual-link DVI cable (these have approx. twice the pins of a single-link). If you decide to go with a 2720mdp, then you will need a mini-displayport to displayport adapter. The 2720mdp and 27m cost extra over the 27q (even more if you get the pivot versions), but an active displayport to DVI adapter costs $60 by itself. While the 2720mdp and 27m have a plethora of other ports such as HDMI, their built-in scalers cause a slight input lag (I don't mind, but some gamers do). I'm using a 2720mdp with my 2011 macbook pro, so a 2012 model will definitely be compatible with any of the three, as long as you use the proper adapter and cable.

To answer your second question, the specs for the 2720mdp on the thread's first page are out-of-date. Its brightness is the same as that of the 27q and 27m: 380cd/m^2, not 420 (makes sense since they use the same panel). There was a faulty, earlier version of this model, so that may be why the specs are incorrect.

Hope this helps thumb.gif

Edit: added that the 27m has a built-in scaler too
post #2376 of 6485 Old 08-26-2012, 05:27 AM

Thanks very much elite2048.
Going to order one of the crossovers today. I was going to with the basic 27Q version as all I'll be doing is photoshop but the 2720 may be handy for my xbox also.
Is the lag you mentioned only in reference to gameplay with the 2720 or does it also show lag in normal use with normal computing browsing/itunes etc? If the lag is only in gaming I'd tolerate that and enjoy the extra functionality of the 2720.
Sorry for all the noob questions
Damien
post #2377 of 6485 Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 AM

The lag is not only in gaming it is present in anything however whether you would notice the lag depends on how sensitive you are. It is input lag so basically the time it takes from your graphics card sending the information to the monitor and the monitor then displaying it. eg. you move the mouse and graphics card sends information to monitor XXms later you see the cursor move on screen.

post #2378 of 6485 Old 08-26-2012, 06:28 AM
333mhz

Liked: 8
Is it worth mentioning the paint bubbles to AW? I wouldn't want to send it back since the panel itself is practically flawless and I don't want to risk getting a worse one.

post #2379 of 6485 Old 08-26-2012, 09:00 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by derfer View Post

Is it worth mentioning the paint bubbles to AW? I wouldn't want to send it back since the panel itself is practically flawless and I don't want to risk getting a worse one.

paint bubbles? interesting.

Steam: Khyber GT | Origin: Khyber_GT | XBL: Khyber GT | PSN: ThreefiddyZ | PST for iRacing name
post #2380 of 6485 Old 08-26-2012, 10:05 AM

Liked: 2
Take pictures of the paint bubbles so we can see?

Although If you're hoping for them to send over a new bezel and nothing else that you can put on, I really doubt they'd do that. Red cap has been known to supply PCBs without the monitors, maybe he could give you a bezel for a fee? Doubtful, though.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page