CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 373 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3721 of 6485 Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Case Modder
 
Cloudz00x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by user33 View Post

I forgot to said that both monitors appeared to have quite severe backlight leaks, I am not sure if that is the normal behavior of the LED monitors, since I have not have a LED monitor to compare them with, all my LCD monitors don't have backlight leaks.
Can anyone comment of the backlight leak issue? How do I know if mine are normal or not?
Thanks a lot!

It's a gamble for back light bleed, it is common for all of us and some have no problems. Take some picture's and let the community be the judge.
Cloudz00x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3722 of 6485 Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
FlyingSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by user33 View Post

I forgot to said that both monitors appeared to have quite severe backlight leaks, I am not sure if that is the normal behavior of the LED monitors, since I have not have a LED monitor to compare them with, all my LCD monitors don't have backlight leaks.
Can anyone comment of the backlight leak issue? How do I know if mine are normal or not?
Thanks a lot!

When i got my one it had very light backlight leaks. And also had over 12 stuck pixel on the left side of the screen. If you don't get a pixel perfect one then some of these sellers say it might have stuck pixel on the left or right side of the screen that's what red-cap says for these monitors. Am really happy my seller gave me a refund and not a replacement now cause even after i seen them 12 stuck pixel all of a sudden i started to see backlight leak on the top of the monitor. Plus the price of these monitors have gone up now and you can get a new dell one for about another £150 or so if you added that to a pixel perfect one. Plus i have done some reading about these monitors and they are not the same screen as the dell as far as i know. Not sure if apple even uses these display on there 27 apple cinema display and the dell u2711,dell u2713 models as well uses different panels and not the same panel as these korean display. Just wanted to let everyone know that because so many people say they are the same panel when they are not. But i don't think a normal person will know a difference tho

FlyingSolo is online now  
post #3723 of 6485 Old 11-30-2012, 06:47 PM
 
user33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudz00x View Post

It's a gamble for back light bleed, it is common for all of us and some have no problems. Take some picture's and let the community be the judge.

How should take pictures for assessing backlight leaks? with totally black background for the monitors I assume, but should I take the picture in complete darkness? at night with room lights? or in living daylight?

Thanks for the suggestions.
user33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3724 of 6485 Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 PM
 
user33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKay View Post

When i got my one it had very light backlight leaks. And also had over 12 stuck pixel on the left side of the screen. If you don't get a pixel perfect one then some of these sellers say it might have stuck pixel on the left or right side of the screen that's what red-cap says for these monitors. Am really happy my seller gave me a refund and not a replacement now cause even after i seen them 12 stuck pixel all of a sudden i started to see backlight leak on the top of the monitor. Plus the price of these monitors have gone up now and you can get a new dell one for about another £150 or so if you added that to a pixel perfect one. Plus i have done some reading about these monitors and they are not the same screen as the dell as far as i know. Not sure if apple even uses these display on there 27 apple cinema display and the dell u2711,dell u2713 models as well uses different panels and not the same panel as these korean display. Just wanted to let everyone know that because so many people say they are the same panel when they are not. But i don't think a normal person will know a difference tho

These monitors are one half of the price of HP/DELL's, if there is no dead/stuck pixels, I think I can live with the backlight leaks, they are only very noticeable when in dark background, which I try not to use because of the glossy screen reflects badly with dark backgrounds.

For the same price, would happily get 2 of these monitors (without dead pixels and with acceptable backlight leaks) than to get just one HP/DELL. That said, 3 monitors with two graphics cards for my setup is by no means "cheap", it still costs me about $1150, just for the better display than what I already have, which are not too shabby anyway, but I decided to go for it, life is too short, enjoy when we can, money will be spent anyway, O would rather spent them on something that would make work easier and kinder for my eyes.
user33 is offline  
post #3725 of 6485 Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM
 
user33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
deleted
user33 is offline  
post #3726 of 6485 Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
FlyingSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by user33 View Post

These monitors are one half of the price of HP/DELL's, if there is no dead/stuck pixels, I think I can live with the backlight leaks, they are only very noticeable when in dark background, which I try not to use because of the glossy screen reflects badly with dark backgrounds.
For the same price, would happily get 2 of these monitors (without dead pixels and with acceptable backlight leaks) than to get just one HP/DELL. That said, 3 monitors with two graphics cards for my setup is by no means "cheap", it still costs me about $1150, just for the better display than what I already have, which are not too shabby anyway, but I decided to go for it, life is too short, enjoy when we can, money will be spent anyway, O would rather spent them on something that would make work easier and kinder for my eyes.

I was just saying since you spent a lot of $$$ for these monitors a little bit more would save you a lot in the long run. If you have not bought a pixel perfect one then they wont replace it for you since they state that in there info that back-light leaks are normal and 1 to 3 dead stuck pixel are normal with these displays. Every seller is different tho some sellers state that up to 5 to 20 dead pixel are normal with back-light leaks. Plus if some thing where to happen after say 1 or 2 months later then you will have to send it back your self which would cost you more then a dell,hp monitor or same price since shipping to korea is not cheap. Anyway all the best to you

FlyingSolo is online now  
post #3727 of 6485 Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM
 
user33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKay View Post

If you have not bought a pixel perfect one then they wont replace it for you since they state that in there info that back-light leaks are normal and 1 to 3 dead stuck pixel are normal with these displays. Every seller is different tho some sellers state that up to 5 to 20 dead pixel are normal with back-light leaks.

ASROBILE's policy for defect is 1+4 dead pixels, I have over 20 pixels, I trust that ASTROBILE will honor their policy.
Quote:
Plus if some thing where to happen after say 1 or 2 months later then you will have to send it back your self which would cost you more then a dell,hp monitor or same price since shipping to korea is not cheap. Anyway all the best to you

That's very true! I gamble on that if I don't get the problems when I received the monitors, the odds of them going dead in 1-2 months are quite low; for a 50% discount in price, I think the risk-reward is not that bad for my taste (I could be wrong in the math because I am not using real statistical calculations for risk-reward). If I buy DELL/HP, the same setup would cost me more than $2000.

Again, you are correct, I am taking a sizable risk for counting on that the monitors would not need to be sent to Korea for warranty repair. For those who are well off, they really should go with DELL/HP, or even Apple, and not to bother with this bargain hunting game we are playing here.
user33 is offline  
post #3728 of 6485 Old 12-01-2012, 12:57 AM
 
Koehler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 2,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by user33 View Post

ASROBILE's policy for defect is 1+4 dead pixels, I have over 20 pixels, I trust that ASTROBILE will honor their policy.

20 pixels? You mean 20 dead pixels? I doubt you have that many. Some of them are probably defective pixels.

Never heard of 20 dead pixels on the Korean monitors.

Maybe you were really unlucky.
Koehler is offline  
post #3729 of 6485 Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 AM
 
zonzo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKay View Post

Plus i have done some reading about these monitors and they are not the same screen as the dell as far as i know. Not sure if apple even uses these display on there 27 apple cinema display and the dell u2711,dell u2713 models as well uses different panels and not the same panel as these korean display. Just wanted to let everyone know that because so many people say they are the same panel when they are not. But i don't think a normal person will know a difference tho

This is wrong. If you check the first post of this topic you'll find a picture of the internal and you can read that the panel in the Crossover monitor is a LG Display LM270WQ1



This is the exactly same panel in the iMac 27" and Apple Display, and also is the same panel that some Dell (like the U2711 and U2713) use.

Now, the recent model of U2711 have an updated version of the same display, the LM270WQ2 .

The U2711′s LM270WQ2 panel sports an 8-bit + A-FRC while the Thunderbolt Display’s LM270WQ1 is an 8-bit LED.

That's all.

So this Korean monitor have an appeal expecially because of this reason! biggrin.gif

(PS the only reason that this monitor have such a good price is that they have at 100% some defects, and they fail in some of these specifications. Of course the great thing is that in the 80% of the time these problems are almost unnoticeable! Mine has absolute NO backlight bleeding and NO dead pixels, but I found the little defect and is unnoticeable in every day use! wink.gif )
zonzo3 is offline  
post #3730 of 6485 Old 12-01-2012, 09:43 AM
 
oomer0739's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hi, that will be interesting to me to see how you get on with your claim as i too have purchased my monitor from astrobile.
I am awaiting delivery, hopefully on tuesday this week.
good luck
oomer0739
oomer0739 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off