ViewSonic VP2770 Review+Club: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy PLS - Page 18 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #171 of 514 Old 04-10-2013, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

The 3014 conitues the tradition of 30"'s being expensive yet mediocre.

1.) All modes but the game mode have very high input lag and obvious overshoot (ghosting) issues
2.) Game mode uses the displays native (wide) gamut and has locked RGB settings so it is useless in terms displaying proper colors. If it has a strong green tint like the other 14H modes are known too then you will be stuck with it in. The only useful color modes (sRGB & Game) both have locked RGB settings.

PCM2 covered the rest. I don't want to send the Viewsonic back, but I have too since I have no need for and can't afford to have 3x 1440p monitors.
Here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1291882/official-1440p-and-above-gaming-club-1440p/3950#post_19706894

The Viewsonic has less streaking due to the slightly faster pixel response times, no overshoot (Advanced response time setting), lower lag and no risk of having semi-glossy cross-hatching issues and burn-in issues unlike the Dell.

+rep thanks for the info. I was just looking for info on the U3014.

EVODOT SM8 Build Log // Synology Owners Club // *Official* CaseLabs Owners Club! // CaseLabs MERLIN Owners Club //Corsair Graphite Club // OCN Water Cooling Club // EK Club
PC: I7 7700k // EVGA GTX TITAN X (pascal) // 32GB Dominators 2400 // ASUS 270G // CaseLabs BH4
Mac: Macbook 2015 Space Gray// Core M 1.3ghz // 512GB SSD // 8GB
CAMERA: Leica M240 // 35mm Summilux F1.4 FLE // 50 APO // Sony A7II
SYNOLOGY: DS1516+ // 2x 4TB WD RED NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 12:38 AM

Liked: 0
I would pick up LG but PMW and oversaturation is a minus for me, since LG have srgb too, does it mean it will still looks oversaturated or only in rgb mode.

Is viewsonic Vp2770 wide gamut too?
Viewsonic looks nice but that stand looks a bit too big for me, but thats the only minus actually, nothing major. I am shifting between these 2 optinos like crazy, very picky on tech biggrin.gif. These arent the cheap range monitors so must get it as right as possible and since it is my first 1440p monitor i have no clue what to expect, i havent used even 1080p ever, blind jump into high res monitors, massive jump for me. smile.gif

I really hope to get a unit wihout any baclight bleeding, so far anything i have bought has been in a great condition. I will try to do a full review once i get it.
post #173 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 03:59 AM

Liked: 51
Think I'm ordering this today thumb.gif tempted by the cheaper prices of the Asus/Dell but this seems to be the quality choice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 06:00 AM

Liked: 51
Done! Should be here tomorrow thanks to Amazon Prime 's $3.99/item next day shipping. Hoping I don't get a dud!

post #175 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 6
I ordered one of these yesterday too, mine will be here tomorrow as well.

I actually ordered a Dell U2713HM during the crazy sell they had the other day but canceled it in favor of this. The cross hatching is what scared me away from the Dell. If my display had it I felt like I would definitely notice it.

This monitor also seems to have a lot of advantages over the Dell so here's hoping I won't be too disappointed smile.gif

It will be interesting to see how I adjust also. I've been using 120hz monitors on my primary PC since the Samsung 2233RZ. I'm currently using an ASUS VG278HE. Hopefully the 'downgrade' back to 60hz won't bother me too much.

post #176 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMullet View Post

I ordered one of these yesterday too, mine will be here tomorrow as well.

I actually ordered a Dell U2713HM during the crazy sell they had the other day but canceled it in favor of this. The cross hatching is what scared me away from the Dell. If my display had it I felt like I would definitely notice it.

This monitor also seems to have a lot of advantages over the Dell so here's hoping I won't be too disappointed smile.gif

It will be interesting to see how I adjust also. I've been using 120hz monitors on my primary PC since the Samsung 2233RZ. I'm currently using an ASUS VG278HE. Hopefully the 'downgrade' back to 60hz won't bother me too much.

You will probably notice at first but you will also notice the screen resolution and clarity as well. then after a day or so you will not notice anymore.

EVODOT SM8 Build Log // Synology Owners Club // *Official* CaseLabs Owners Club! // CaseLabs MERLIN Owners Club //Corsair Graphite Club // OCN Water Cooling Club // EK Club
PC: I7 7700k // EVGA GTX TITAN X (pascal) // 32GB Dominators 2400 // ASUS 270G // CaseLabs BH4
post #177 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 8
Had mine since Jan and the panel itself is fine. However...

This has happened twice in the space of about 4 weeks; the monitor wont turn on from cold, I have to unplug it and leave it a few minutes, pop the plug back in and it powers on. Its like the firmware has crashed.

Anyone else suffered this?
post #178 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcode View Post

Had mine since Jan and the panel itself is fine. However...

This has happened twice in the space of about 4 weeks; the monitor wont turn on from cold, I have to unplug it and leave it a few minutes, pop the plug back in and it powers on. Its like the firmware has crashed.

Anyone else suffered this?

Yes I thought it was just me. It has happened about once a month for me. I couldn't figure it out thought I was drawing to much power from the outlet or something. I did the same thing unplug for 1-2 min then plug in and it works fine. Seems like a firmware issue though with the touch buttons are unresponsive. It just seems like the monitor needs to be power cycled.

I tried looking online if anyone else has had the problem I could not find anything. I also got mine in January right after you I believe.

post #179 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM

Liked: 171
i had something less annoying happened 2-3 times

after the displays go to sleep, the viewsonic would not wake up. all desktop icons migrate to the secondary monitor as if the primary monitor is off

i had to manually turn ON the monitor to wake it up from sleep. then all the desktops icons get a messed up out of order mad.gif #1stworldproblems
post #180 of 514 Old 04-11-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriksLV View Post

Is viewsonic Vp2770 wide gamut too?

No it's sRGB. The stand is actually really awesome with my dual-monitor set-up since I can angle it away from my keyboard while regular stands usually get in the way. I sit 60cm/2ft away

Monitors sleeping always seems to cause people problems, usually there is at least one thread a week about X monitor not waking up or doing something weird when it does, so I always turn mine off.

Google (insert monitor) review before making a thread about it. Research (Google) before buying a monitor and then asking if it is good.

10 Bit Monitors: 99% are 8 bit+FRC and AMD Quadro or Nvidia Firepro gpu's are required to send+receive a true 10 bit signal. 10 bit consumer content (games, movies TV) does not exist.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page