ViewSonic VP2770 Review+Club: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy PLS - Page 21 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #201 of 514 Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have bright room and i would have problems by using glare screens, so i am kinda forced to use matt, this is between them, i am looking to play PS3 on this too smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 514 Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory View Post

Just got mine and plugged it in. Only installed the drivers that came on the disk (will tinker with settings soon). This thing is awesome, looks bigger than I thought it would next to my Samsung 32'' - looks like I might have some backlight bleed. Some pictures from the initial boot up (turned on without any source plugged in)

Had my two lights off, as well as my other TV. Haven't really tested for backlight bleed before, so I may have to do more tests later. I don't notice any problems, though I will have to look for dead pixels tonight.

A lot of that just looks like IPS glow.

Position your head directly in each corner, if light is shining through then its back light bleed.
post #203 of 514 Old 04-13-2013, 08:14 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 103
As MenacingTuba said you'd have to take a photo from at least 6ft back to make sure you're not capturing any PLS glow. You shouldn't really expect the VP2770 to be entirely free from 'black uniformity' issues beyond that (clouding, backlight bleed) but at the same time you shouldn't accept high levels. If it bothers you during actual 'real world' use then try to get it replaced. If not, save yourself the hassle. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 514 Old 04-13-2013, 04:45 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by apav View Post

Hi guys! Long post and a couple questions incoming rolleyes.gif

*snip*
1.) How does the image quality compare to the LG panel found in my Catleap (the same one as the Apple Cinema Displays)?
2.) It's semi-glossy. I hate matte because the AG coatings ruin the picture quality for me and give it that grainy look. Is this the case with the VP2770?
3.) The Auria has no lag with the PS3, so can you expect the same with this monitor? (any PS3 owners please feel free to chime in!)

If this monitor is as good or better looking as the Catleap/Auria, as fast as the Catleap, and can display 1080p with really good quality on a PS3, then this is what I'm getting no doubt. Sorry for the long post, I really need some clarifications. I really appreciate it guys smile.gif
*snip*

Very interested in this as well. I'm torn between this monitor and the U2713HM. Also, waiting for more infos on the new Benq GW2760HS...
post #205 of 514 Old 04-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 1
I placed an order for one guys. I will let you know what I think about it. Should see it on Tuesday.

post #206 of 514 Old 04-14-2013, 01:03 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kossair View Post

Very interested in this as well. I'm torn between this monitor and the U2713HM. Also, waiting for more infos on the new Benq GW2760HS...

Right now I'm torn between the VP2770 and the Crossover 2720MDP Gold, which has about 12ms of lag according to Menacing Tuba. Twice the lag of my Catleap, but I'm not sure if 12ms is noticeable because 6ms isn't. The Crossover is also much cheaper, though you probably should buy a Square Trade warranty if you want to play it safe, and probably a new stand as well. It's also glossy, which is a plus for me. I hate matte screens/AG coatings, but I don't know if the VP2770 looks worse than a glossy screen. It has a light AG coating, but I don't know if the picture looks noticeable worse or grainy.

Can someone chime in here? smile.gif

-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
post #207 of 514 Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 AM

Liked: 51
Back at home after a weekend away (was torn from my VP2770 too quickly!)

I'm loving this monitor. Now my 32'' 1080p looks blurry (having it next to the Viewsonic is great for comparison). Feels like a matte/AG screen compared to my glossy HDTV. No cross-hatching or whatever you'd like to call it - there's no visible grid. I'm not expert when it comes to response time, but on the max setting it seems fluid. BF3 is definitely a bit easier to play in close-range hectic situations than on my HDTV.

This monitor is built like a tank...stand is very sturdy unlike my HDTV which wobbles with every keystroke. Looks damn good too from a design standpoint. thumb.gif

post #208 of 514 Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 PM

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcode View Post

Definitely a firmware issue by the sounds of it then.

I'll contact Viewsonic and find out if this issue can be resolved somehow.

Anyone tried upgrading a monitors firmware before?

Any updated information on this? Mine Just did it again today. Unplugged everything for 5 minutes then plugged back in and works fine.

EVODOT SM8 Build Log // Synology Owners Club // *Official* CaseLabs Owners Club! // CaseLabs MERLIN Owners Club //Corsair Graphite Club // OCN Water Cooling Club // EK Club
PC: I7 7700k // EVGA GTX TITAN X (pascal) // 32GB Dominators 2400 // ASUS 270G // CaseLabs BH4
Mac: Macbook 2015 Space Gray// Core M 1.3ghz // 512GB SSD // 8GB
CAMERA: Leica M240 // 35mm Summilux F1.4 FLE // 50 APO // Sony A7II
SYNOLOGY: DS1516+ // 2x 4TB WD RED NAS
post #209 of 514 Old 04-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 6
Got mine on Friday but haven't had a chance to really use it until today. Definitely a HUGE difference in resolution versus my 27" 1080p display. 60hz is proving really hard to get used to after using 120hz for years. I'm adjusting but it just seems like the mouse cursor is moving through quicksand.

Gaming-wise, I don't detect any input lag (using Advanced response setting). Maybe I just don't notice input lag that much but it doesn't feel any different than my VG278HE in that regard. The movement definitely feels "slower" though due to the lower refresh rate. I went 16-3 in the BF3 round that I played so at least I don't feel too much like my previous monitor was giving me too much of an advantage tongue.gif

The graphics look MUCH better though, everything is so sharp, no more jagged edges. I can't wait to play some more games and see how much better they look.

The anti-glare coating is also pretty amazing. I also have an NEC EA231WMi and the coating on this is WAY better, it isn't even close.

Backlighting is pretty good, though it seems like I have a blob in the lower left that is tinted yellow. It's pretty faint but I keep noticing it, especially on white backgrounds, which I use a lot of (Visual Studio). Hopefully I'll get to a point where I can ignore it.

post #210 of 514 Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 1
Mine came in and testing it now. Played some swtor and borderlands 2 on it. Only change I made was the advance option as recommended. I have not seen any ghosting. I tried to OC it but I only got it up to 63 hz. Anything higher the monitor reports wrong signal type. I will post pictures and more information later.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page