Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #11 of 61 Old 03-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Networking Nut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Are you a competitive or very eager gamer? If not, go with a decent IPS that has low input lag. You'll find that most good IPS panels actually refresh pretty fast compared to medium range TN panels.

I use the HP ZR2740W which is really good for a competitive gamer that likes to do photo and video work. As there is no scaler so inputlag is very minimal. While there is a bit of ghosting, it's barely noticeable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 61 Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna89 View Post

IPS is only for professional use, for desktop user is useless and the difference of colors is not so big in Windows.
144Hz is better

I strongly disagree. I've had multi-monitor setups with both TN and IPS side by side, and the difference is very clear. The blacks in particular are much deeper, and light colors that are practically off-white on TN are quite visible on IPS. You can also turn down the brightness very low and get an almost paper-like image, which is nice for reducing eye-strain during long periods of word processing and web browsing.

post #13 of 61 Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Fan Man

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna89 View Post

IPS is only for professional use, for desktop user is useless and the difference of colors is not so big in Windows.
144Hz is better

I disagree, and even though I'm more of a 144hz fan. You do not need to be a professional user, to be able to enjoy a monitor with an IPS panel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 61 Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter
Fan Man

Liked: 0
give me some links to good monitors to buy ips vs high hz low refresh rate!

i appreciate if if you own one and can give me a mini review or even if you know the facts and can point me to the right one!
post #15 of 61 Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 AM
Who Watches the Watchmen?

Liked: 661
The best low price IPS panels for gaming are the Dell U2312HM and the HP 2311Xi as they are both 23" 1080p displays, cost $200 or less, and have so little input lag it's impossible to notice.

I personally would prefer a 1440p display, and one using AH-IPS, but the price gets to be too high especially considering the fact that you will need more graphics power to drive the WQHD panels.

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places"Ernest Hemingway
sniper.gifS.T.A.L.K.E.R FAN CLUB aaskull.gif

~*~ THE TAO OF BACKUP ~*~

PLEASE DOUBLE-CHECK ANY ANSWERS I MAY PROVIDE, AS I AM HUMAN AND QUITE FALLIBLE
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted & Running JBSourcery FINAL & LeanKernel Experimental
post #16 of 61 Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 74
you might also like the BenQ GW2450. it's an 8-bit AMVA panel for only $169. it also has a feature called AMA (Advanced Motion Accelerator) to improve response time and reduce motion blur or ghosting. and it's good for FPS games. i turn it on when i play BF3 and it helps smoothen my vision.

BenQ GW2450
BenQ GW2450 Review

there's also a 27" version of this. GW2750

post #17 of 61 Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 17
I own 2 Asus VS239H-P IPS monitors and absolutely love them. It has some overdrive feature, the name escapes me, and it essentially eliminates ghosting. The colors are defiantely better than TN panels. IPS being for "professionals" only is silly. But I haven't used a nice 144Hz panel so I can't comment on them. My thought process was I rather have a nice, vivid picture after spending so much on a GPU rather than a faster, inferior looking image.

post #18 of 61 Old 03-12-2013, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
Fan Man

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm0827 View Post

I own 2 Asus VS239H-P IPS monitors and absolutely love them. It has some overdrive feature, the name escapes me, and it essentially eliminates ghosting. The colors are defiantely better than TN panels. IPS being for "professionals" only is silly. But I haven't used a nice 144Hz panel so I can't comment on them. My thought process was I rather have a nice, vivid picture after spending so much on a GPU rather than a faster, inferior looking image.
wow , nice monitors and super cheap

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236262 how about this one? how could i find the real response time?

I really wanted a 2ms response time or better, but looking at IPS i wont get that from asus or for under $300

also , am i going to get stuck with the "ghosting" or "motion blur" on the IPS? i honestly don't want an awesome picture if im going to have delays in games and in other applications

At this point im stuck between the one above and this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313
post #19 of 61 Old 03-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post

The real question is, what's smoother? a V-Sync enabled image on a 60Hz monitor, or a non V-Sync'ed image on a +120Hz monitor?

I haven't used vsync in years, but am going to check it out again due to ur post. thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

why not get the best of both?

there are ways in which both amd and nvidia cards can support forced refresh rates. my bro just got 80hz out of his 60hz ips with an amd utility. 80hz isn't bad at all some will run 85-90, it will add a good deal of 'snap' to an already smooth 60hz and your more likely to get a competitive fps such as cs:go or Tf2 to run at 80fps vsync'd

in fact there is such a large difference between 30 and 60, that 90 is probably as good as 120 in reality

Can u provide more info? fwiw, I'm using a dell 2007wfp ips that does report 75hz.

thumb.gif
post #20 of 61 Old 03-23-2013, 02:08 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 24
Also the fastest IPS / PLS / MVA panels show evident ghosting.
A good TN is much better, a 120Hz gaming model is even better.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page