[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC - Page 337 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #3361 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
No, its just lower quality on the asus with the weird behaviour to create greesy spots when you touch it, which are hard to clean, but the sharpness difference is probably non visible.

I would personally say that my acer had the perfect coating, it was the best possible balance of clear image but still anti-glare.

Asus one is like 90-95% similar image, but lower quality overall.

Seems like AUO wanted to save some additional manufactoring costs and changed the process to the worse actually than it was for the very first batch of this panel. Seeing all the dust and **** under the coating, its like they outsourced the manufactoring of this particular panel to a garage type factory where noone cares about clean environment and wearing gloves.. (My 279 had finger prints spread all over the coating out of the factory, it def. didnt get opened after the factory)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 11:32 AM

Liked: 19
So I have had the monitor for a week now and I have not had the same issues I had with the PG278Q. I have not had any blanking out issues and its not repeatedly crashing and creating vertical lines.

Colour uniformity is definitely there, I can see it on the overclockers site that its a bit more blue in the bottom right hand corner compared to the rest of the screen. Its not something that bothers me as the colour shifts on the PG278Q's were much worse than this in actual impact but its definitely there on my model.

165hz just worked, not had any problems with it running it on a 3m mini DP to DP DP 1.2 HBR2 capable cable from startech. Colour contrast looks pretty good and the amount of blur in games seems reasonable. Its a keeper for me, best monitor I have owned and certainly a lot better than the PG278Q.

post #3363 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 11:39 AM

Liked: 10
Are there even PG279Qs without problems with the colour uniformity? -.-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3364 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 11:48 AM

Liked: 13
i want this monitor so bad, but with exchange rate it would cost over $1200 Canadian after tax and eco fees frown.gif
post #3365 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 12:00 PM

Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waro View Post

Are there even PG279Qs without problems with the colour uniformity? -.-

Can someone explain this to me? I have glow in corners of PG, like everyone. Left side being more whiteish/blueish while right side being more whiteish yellowish glow in corners? Is this this colour uniformity?

Becasuse apart from that I didn't notice anything else about color shifts etc. Testing on grey, green, yellow and white background I didn't see any colour shift.

Apart from black when I see glows on corners.

Explanation please? smile.gif

CPU: Intel i7 5775C 4.3 Ghz 1.376V. MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero. GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB: 2101 mhz core/6100 Memory 1.09V RAM: G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz. SSD: HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3. AIO: Corsair H105. PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000. Monitor: Acer XB271HU. CASE: Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black.

Water Loop: EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix Backplate - Black; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix - Acetal+Nickel; EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel; All adapers and fittings: EK brand Radiators: 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTS 360 - Black; Fans: 9x 120 mm Corsair ML120 Pro Premium
post #3366 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 12:31 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by biosmanager View Post

So it is a cooling issue?
Really? Then it's definitely a thing Acer could do better.

ACER cannot do anything better with the monitor, only worse
post #3367 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 01:10 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Can someone explain this to me? I have glow in corners of PG, like everyone. Left side being more whiteish/blueish while right side being more whiteish yellowish glow in corners? Is this this colour uniformity?

Becasuse apart from that I didn't notice anything else about color shifts etc. Testing on grey, green, yellow and white background I didn't see any colour shift.

Apart from black when I see glows on corners.

Explanation please? smile.gif

I would say one is normal IPS glow and the other is backlight bleed. Can be of course combined with glow as well...
post #3368 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 01:31 PM

Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post

I would say one is normal IPS glow and the other is backlight bleed. Can be of course combined with glow as well...

Ok....

so, I am sorry, what THE HELL is differance between IPS glow, backlight bleeding and coulour uniformity problems????

Because right now I have not dam idea anymore.

Can someone explain it in SIMPLE words for a SIMPLE guy?

Thanks.

CPU: Intel i7 5775C 4.3 Ghz 1.376V. MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero. GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB: 2101 mhz core/6100 Memory 1.09V RAM: G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz. SSD: HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3. AIO: Corsair H105. PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000. Monitor: Acer XB271HU. CASE: Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black.

Water Loop: EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix Backplate - Black; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix - Acetal+Nickel; EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel; All adapers and fittings: EK brand Radiators: 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTS 360 - Black; Fans: 9x 120 mm Corsair ML120 Pro Premium
post #3369 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 01:38 PM
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer

Liked: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Ok....

so, I am sorry, what THE HELL is differance between IPS glow, backlight bleeding and coulour uniformity problems????

Because right now I have not dam idea anymore.

Can someone explain it in SIMPLE words for a SIMPLE guy?

Thanks.

Backlight bleed = the backlight is showing through the edges of the bezel. Looks like the backlight is... bleeding out of the bezel.

IPS glow = the screen just glows. Visible on a dark screen. Seems to emanate mostly from the corners, especially the right side and especially the lower right side. Can look yellowish/brownish or just white. If you want to really see it in action, on a black screen stand up and move to your left while looking at the screen.

Color uniformity = what it sounds like. The colors are less accurate at certain parts of the screen. On this monitor it will be hard to notice this unless yours is seriously messed up.

Discussion on the Oversimplification and Removal of Content in Modern Games
How To: Improve Image Quality in Pre-DX10 Games With NVIDIA Inspector
Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition Discussion | [Official] SOMA - Information and Discussion | Deus Ex GMDX Discussion | Day of Infamy Information/Discussion
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete | Planescape: Torment | Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines | Arcanum | KOTOR series | Dragon Age: Origins | Fallout series | Deus Ex (GMDX) | Anachronox | SOMA | Penumbra | Amnesia | Underhell | Cryostasis | Anna: Extended Edition | Dishonored series | Thief/Thief 2 | S.T.A.L.K.E.R. | Metro series | Rainbow Six 3: Gold | SWAT 4 | Half-Life 2 Cinematic Mod | Garry's Mod | F.E.A.R. | Dark Messiah | Crysis/Crysis Wars | Natural Selection 2 | Unreal Tournament 2004 | Arma 3 | The Talos Principle | MYST | Total War: WARHAMMER series | XCOM 2
post #3370 of 9463 Old 10-24-2015, 01:57 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

Backlight bleed = the backlight is showing through the edges of the bezel. Looks like the backlight is... bleeding out of the bezel.

IPS glow = the screen just glows. Visible on a dark screen. Seems to emanate from the corners, especially the right side and especially the lower right side. Can look yellowish/brownish or just white. If you want to really see it in action, on a black screen stand up and move to your left while looking at the screen.

Color uniformity = what it sounds like. The colors are less accurate at certain parts of the screen. On this monitor it will be hard to notice this unless yours is seriously messed up.

Then I got 3 messed up monitors in a row. 3 different shops - noticable color uniformity issue on all of them.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page