[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC - Page 367 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #3661 of 9463 Old 10-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searchofsub View Post

Monitor looked washed out on PG279Q the IPS?

Yes. I was commenting that I've had the PG279Q for a week now, and it's color quality were noticeably duller than my old Dell IPS. It gave it a washed out appearance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3662 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 02:32 AM
333mhz

Liked: 1
Where can i buy PG279Q ?
post #3663 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhag View Post

Where can i buy PG279Q ?

If your in USA you cant order it yet. Asus says first week of November.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3664 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 04:47 AM
333mhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post

Good news they are aware of it and hope next batch will be damn much better! My retailer still shift the delivery date, today they again postpone it to 6.11. So I don't believe it will be here until Christmas :-/ But at least they can improve their QC.

So I decided to buy a monitor after the new year.

post #3665 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 05:23 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

My god....that is really awful o.o
Is this the price we pay for having those ultra thin bezels?
The bezels on the Asus VG248QE and the Benq XL2720Z are built like tanks...

It's not the bezels so much as the panel itself. It's just notorious for BLB and glow. People need to understand that about this monitor, the junk PANEL is at fault, not the monitor itself. The XB270HU suffered just as bad, and that had a totally different thicker bezel all around. Whether you buy the PG279Q, the XB270HU or the upcoming XB271HU, you're all entering the same lottery as they all use the same shi**y panel.

post #3666 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

It's not the bezels so much as the panel itself. It's just notorious for BLB and glow. People need to understand that about this monitor, the junk PANEL is at fault, not the monitor itself. The XB270HU suffered just as bad, and that had a totally different thicker bezel all around. Whether you buy the PG279Q, the XB270HU or the upcoming XB271HU, you're all entering the same lottery as they all use the same shi**y panel.

And thats just sad, im waiting for FedEx myself to pick up mine and deliver a new one. Question is how many weeks more tongue.gif
post #3667 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 07:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

Right? Which is why I couldn't help but face palm every time someone claimed that they would wait for this Asus monitor instead of buying the already available Acer XB270HU a few months back thinking that the Asus would somehow perform better quality wise.

post #3668 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 08:00 AM

Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaSparkul View Post

Right? Which is why I couldn't help but face palm every time someone claimed that they would wait for this Asus monitor instead of buying the already available Acer XB270HU a few months back thinking that the Asus would somehow perform better quality wise.

Well, for example me and many others here, were waiting for Asus because of quite simple reasons: design and look. For some it might sound strange because XB has everything PG has and is cheaper, but I love PG stand, ergonomics, look, back design, menu and joystick added to it.

That is why I waited for PG. Now I am getting replacement for it so yes, it is same story as with XB but I just like PG better in terms of how it looks on my desk smile.gif

CPU: Intel i7 5775C 4.3 Ghz 1.376V. MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero. GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB: 2101 mhz core/6100 Memory 1.09V RAM: G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz. SSD: HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3. AIO: Corsair H105. PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000. Monitor: Acer XB271HU. CASE: Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black.

Water Loop: EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix Backplate - Black; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix - Acetal+Nickel; EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel; All adapers and fittings: EK brand Radiators: 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTS 360 - Black; Fans: 9x 120 mm Corsair ML120 Pro Premium
post #3669 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 08:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Well, for example me and many others here, were waiting for Asus because of quite simple reasons: design and look. For some it might sound strange because XB has everything PG has and is cheaper, but I love PG stand, ergonomics, look, back design, menu and joystick added to it.

That is why I waited for PG. Now I am getting replacement for it so yes, it is same story as with XB but I just like PG better in terms of how it looks on my desk smile.gif

That's fair enough and a plenty good reason to wait. Other waited for this monitor simply for the included HDMI port for console connectivity. There are just a few people who actually waited for this monitor purely for unproven QC reasons.

post #3670 of 9463 Old 10-30-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaSparkul View Post

That's fair enough and a plenty good reason to wait. Other waited for this monitor simply for the included HDMI port for console connectivity. There are just a few people who actually waited for this monitor purely for unproven QC reasons.

And they got ramed by the expresstrain biggrin.gif
QC seems just as bad, and the new Acer actually looks nice! So lets hope they will deliver a better product Incase we start to refund and buy the acer instead XD

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page