ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 72 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #711 of 3075 Old 12-30-2015, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
yep , I mean I'm keeping this one (my 4th) until something else comes out. If it still works GREAT ill sell it. If it doesn't then ill cut my losses.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #712 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 09:03 AM

Liked: 0
So I have been using my X34 for about a week so far, everything but 1 thing which I am fine with is perfect with the monitor

No Dead pixels, Minor BLB (See TFTCentral backlight bleed image, mine is the exact same), no scan lines (yes I have looked in Gsync demo and other games), no colour banding (OCUK have V2 firmware installed), sleeps fine, settings do not reset. Only fault if you call this a fault is that it only reaches 95hz overclock and I am not annoyed it doesn't hit 100hz, it isn't advertised as a true 100hz panel, everywhere it is being sold as a 60hz panel with overclocking support.

I am very happy with the monitor and reading through this thread makes out as if 9/10 panels is next to broken, people who do not have problems with the monitor don't have anywhere near the same incentive as those who have broken panels, as well as being told that anyone who doesn't have these problems are lying which is a joke to read.

Another story, friend bought a MG279Q AKA lottery monitor and its perfect, not a single problem and I know a guy online who bought the G-Sync variant also perfect. Niether of them go on the internet to praise Asus for a working panel, it should work out the box so why bother.
post #713 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 10:27 AM

Liked: 4
The only thing that makes your argument invalid are the folks (including myself) who have gotten 2-5 monitors in a row with issues. So congrats on winning the lottery, you are the few.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #714 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 12:02 PM

Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker444 View Post

The only thing that makes your argument invalid are the folks (including myself) who have gotten 2-5 monitors in a row with issues. So congrats on winning the lottery, you are the few.

This
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughavoc View Post

So I have been using my X34 for about a week so far, everything but 1 thing which I am fine with is perfect with the monitor

No Dead pixels, Minor BLB (See TFTCentral backlight bleed image, mine is the exact same), no scan lines (yes I have looked in Gsync demo and other games), no colour banding (OCUK have V2 firmware installed), sleeps fine, settings do not reset. Only fault if you call this a fault is that it only reaches 95hz overclock and I am not annoyed it doesn't hit 100hz, it isn't advertised as a true 100hz panel, everywhere it is being sold as a 60hz panel with overclocking support.

I am very happy with the monitor and reading through this thread makes out as if 9/10 panels is next to broken, people who do not have problems with the monitor don't have anywhere near the same incentive as those who have broken panels, as well as being told that anyone who doesn't have these problems are lying which is a joke to read.

Another story, friend bought a MG279Q AKA lottery monitor and its perfect, not a single problem and I know a guy online who bought the G-Sync variant also perfect. Niether of them go on the internet to praise Asus for a working panel, it should work out the box so why bother.

You are few. Most monitors this or PG or XB have a lot of issues. I went through 7 monitors till now and all had issues. Going for 8th right now so please don't make it sound like few units have issues....

CPU: Intel i7 5775C 4.3 Ghz 1.376V. MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero. GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB: 2101 mhz core/6100 Memory 1.09V RAM: G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz. SSD: HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3. AIO: Corsair H105. PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000. Monitor: Acer XB271HU. CASE: Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black.

Water Loop: EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix Backplate - Black; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix - Acetal+Nickel; EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel; All adapers and fittings: EK brand Radiators: 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTS 360 - Black; Fans: 9x 120 mm Corsair ML120 Pro Premium
post #715 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 12:07 PM

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

This
You are few. Most monitors this or PG or XB have a lot of issues. I went through 7 monitors till now and all had issues. Going for 8th right now so please don't make it sound like few units have issues....

You're at the point that nothing will make you happy. If you've sent back 7 monitor, it's time to throw in the towel, you'll never get the perfect one you are hoping for.
There are 2 types of people it would seem that buy these, one that has to have everything perfect (a tall order as it seems) and one that can live with a minor flaw if need be... should we have to live with a flaw? no but theres no way in hell I'm sending back 7 monitors, cut and run and try something else.

Bass is my business and business is good!
post #716 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 12:18 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:

This

You had to pay delivery on those 7 returns?
post #717 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 12:22 PM

Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

You had to pay delivery on those 7 returns?

lol! Of course not- retailer pays for it, it is them who sold me defected product so it is not my problem to cover RMA costs.

CPU: Intel i7 5775C 4.3 Ghz 1.376V. MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero. GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB: 2101 mhz core/6100 Memory 1.09V RAM: G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz. SSD: HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3. AIO: Corsair H105. PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000. Monitor: Acer XB271HU. CASE: Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black.

Water Loop: EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix Backplate - Black; EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix - Acetal+Nickel; EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel; All adapers and fittings: EK brand Radiators: 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTS 360 - Black; Fans: 9x 120 mm Corsair ML120 Pro Premium
post #718 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 12:31 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:

lol! Of course not- retailer pays for it, it is them who sold me defected product so it is not my problem to cover RMA costs.

Yeah, however backlight bleed, IPS glow and one dead pixel is not a RMA condition. That is considered as a do not want product.
post #719 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 12:39 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiracubed View Post

I thought there was supposed to be a soft relaunch of this monitor middle of December that fixed most issues. Is this not the case?

I'd love to try this out for gaming, but I consume so much video (Blu-rays, Netflix, anime streaming and YouTube) in 16:9, the black bars on either side might bother me to not make it main display, but that's $1,300. I have an Acer B326HK as main display, and Acer HN274HBbmiiid as accessory for standard 1080p to watch streams or movies while I game in my MMO.

Anyone who is a heavy 16:9 movie watcher have an opinion on how the monitor handles it, being 21:9?

I consider myself a fairly big movie guy. At least I spend way more time than I should watching movies. smile.gif

To get it out of the way, Netflix and whatever other streaming service you may use, even Youtube, will broadcast in 16:9. There is no way around this, and you cannot crop this as far as I know. There are a few extensions for Firefox and Chrome that will "stretch" the image to fill 21:9 but each one of these extensions simply zoom the image, which means you lose a chunk of the top and bottom of the image. I tried all the popular ones I could find and they all did this, so I went back to watching Netflix in 16:9 - that is still more pleasant than watching it on a 16:9 27" however as it is slightly bigger and the image quality is fantastic.

I have not tried Netflix through a TV box of any kind. Maybe it's different.

Most blu-rays work perfectly in 2.39:1 which will fill the monitor perfectly. 2.4:1 is a bit too much and 2.35:1 leaves a bit of black on the sides. The Martian was a total treat on this screen... Everything has been a total treat on this screen. I've recently started watching a 10bit copy of Better Call Saul in 4k, and it's freaking awesome.

post #720 of 3075 Old 12-31-2015, 03:21 PM
Fan Man

Liked: 35
Quote:

This
i wonder what were Thé issues ?

Last edited by Skeewashy; 06-12-2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: MEeded to

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page