[Crossover 27V & 27100Q & 27 Fast 144]: 27" Matte 60, 100 & 144hz 1440p AHVA with Free-Sync - Page 21 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #201 of 398 Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Anyone using the monitors for CS GO? Curious about the input lag.
I'm currently using benq xl2730 but this monitor looks amazing to replace my qx2710!
Also has anyone tried the modded driver from mg279q? to increase the freesync range. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 398 Old 08-23-2016, 04:22 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunfighterAK View Post

Anyone using the monitors for CS GO? Curious about the input lag.
I'm currently using benq xl2730 but this monitor looks amazing to replace my qx2710!
Also has anyone tried the modded driver from mg279q? to increase the freesync range. smile.gif

CRU can apparently meddle with freesync range now, so you don't have to mess with the driver any more. This hack / mod seems to have worked with all the monitors it's been tried with (afaik) and the Crossover (and the Pixio PX277, which is also a good monitor to consider, btw) use the same panel as the mg279q. They also have the same Picture-in-Picture type features, which really makes it seem as though they even use the same chip on the display board (though I don't think this has been confirmed). It should work.

OBTW, the Pixio PX277 doesn't use reject panels and comes with freesync preconfigured at 55-144Hz, and is cheaper.
post #203 of 398 Old 08-23-2016, 08:26 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 2
Too bad this pixio is only available in the US frown.gif
In EU we have to deal with korean import.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 398 Old 08-23-2016, 08:29 AM

Liked: 3
I can't speak for Europe but on Amazon they have free shipping to Australia, so I thought it might be even easier to get one to Europe.
post #205 of 398 Old 08-23-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodewykk View Post

CRU can apparently meddle with freesync range now, so you don't have to mess with the driver any more. This hack / mod seems to have worked with all the monitors it's been tried with (afaik) and the Crossover (and the Pixio PX277, which is also a good monitor to consider, btw) use the same panel as the mg279q. They also have the same Picture-in-Picture type features, which really makes it seem as though they even use the same chip on the display board (though I don't think this has been confirmed). It should work.

OBTW, the Pixio PX277 doesn't use reject panels and comes with freesync preconfigured at 55-144Hz, and is cheaper.

Thats great to hear. Do you maybe know the input lag on these monitors?
Unfortunately Pixio does not ship to South Africa.
post #206 of 398 Old 08-23-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Thats great to hear. Do you maybe know the input lag on these monitors?
Tomshardware seems to think it's okay.

Seven or eight milliseconds is a typical and expected result for a 144Hz monitor regardless of panel type. The XB280HK has a 14ms draw time thanks to its max refresh rate of 60Hz.

Read here also: http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2241
And here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_mg279q.htm
Quote:

Unfortunately Pixio does not ship to South Africa.
x'D My problem exactly! Wootware is in the works of investigating actually importing these or something similar. So check their site in the next few weeks. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The Crossover sellers on Ebay aren't to keen on SA shipments either, btw. I contacted Pixio directly and were willing to ship to SA on request. They quoted something like $120 for shipping. That works out at roughly R9000 after import duties.
post #207 of 398 Old 08-23-2016, 05:03 PM

Hi
im recive my Crossover Fast 144 week ago and today finish my amateur review on it.

http://rkme.ru/crossover_144_fast_review/

Sorry, its on russian, so you can try google translate or just see pic of light bleed etc, and im also try to describe main points there (sorry my terrible english)

Im buy "perfect" lot (about 15$ more expensive)
My unit have pretty good both white and black uniformity - no serious light bleed, only small lighted part on top of screen, absolutly not bothered.

One small dead pixel (not even see it until take a photo of light bleeding with +1ev)

Pretty bright screen - im use X-rite ColorMunki Display and measure about 95cd/m2 with "Backlight" setting of monitor selected "0" (minimum). So its still bright even on mnmal backlight brightness. If also pull down "Contrast" and "Brightness" settings in OSD a little (for dark colors not fusing in black) im can achieve 75cd.m2 and its steel pretty bright for faded monitors lovers like my smile.gif

Measured contrast with 95cd/m its 814:1. So monitors looks like clone of Acer Predator XG270HU - its also have 855:1 with 85cd/m2 (by tftcentral review)

Cntrast 800:1 its ok for IPS but not great result, if i compare to 1250:1 of my old Crossover 2735 its defently more deep black.

About colors - its perfect. Gradient very smooth even after calibration. Colors with not big visible errors.
I make calibration with DisplayCal and chek after it - colors accuracity very good, average dE 0.15, maximum - 0.51, its great result. so you can work with colors in sRGB mode with this monitor. For Adobe RGB, of curse, need something more professional.

So, its have flaws with minimal brightness level and not great contrast but all others pretty nice. Good design, good, stand, good colors, and games in 144hz for just 500$
post #208 of 398 Old 08-24-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodewykk View Post

Tomshardware seems to think it's okay.

Seven or eight milliseconds is a typical and expected result for a 144Hz monitor regardless of panel type. The XB280HK has a 14ms draw time thanks to its max refresh rate of 60Hz.

Read here also: http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2241
And here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_mg279q.htm
x'D My problem exactly! Wootware is in the works of investigating actually importing these or something similar. So check their site in the next few weeks. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The Crossover sellers on Ebay aren't to keen on SA shipments either, btw. I contacted Pixio directly and were willing to ship to SA on request. They quoted something like $120 for shipping. That works out at roughly R9000 after import duties.

I can live that 27ms! only 1ms slower to my xl2730. Always good to see fellow South Africans here.
Wootware will probably charge the same if not more at end of the day.

There are a couple of Crossover 27 144 fast ebay sellers who still ship to SA for free but Pixio seems to be the one to have.
post #209 of 398 Old 08-24-2016, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iunewind View Post

Hi
im recive my Crossover Fast 144 week ago and today finish my amateur review on it.

http://rkme.ru/crossover_144_fast_review/

Sorry, its on russian, so you can try google translate or just see pic of light bleed etc, and im also try to describe main points there (sorry my terrible english)

Im buy "perfect" lot (about 15$ more expensive)
My unit have pretty good both white and black uniformity - no serious light bleed, only small lighted part on top of screen, absolutly not bothered.

One small dead pixel (not even see it until take a photo of light bleeding with +1ev)

Pretty bright screen - im use X-rite ColorMunki Display and measure about 95cd/m2 with "Backlight" setting of monitor selected "0" (minimum). So its still bright even on mnmal backlight brightness. If also pull down "Contrast" and "Brightness" settings in OSD a little (for dark colors not fusing in black) im can achieve 75cd.m2 and its steel pretty bright for faded monitors lovers like my smile.gif

Measured contrast with 95cd/m its 814:1. So monitors looks like clone of Acer Predator XG270HU - its also have 855:1 with 85cd/m2 (by tftcentral review)

Cntrast 800:1 its ok for IPS but not great result, if i compare to 1250:1 of my old Crossover 2735 its defently more deep black.

About colors - its perfect. Gradient very smooth even after calibration. Colors with not big visible errors.
I make calibration with DisplayCal and chek after it - colors accuracity very good, average dE 0.15, maximum - 0.51, its great result. so you can work with colors in sRGB mode with this monitor. For Adobe RGB, of curse, need something more professional.

So, its have flaws with minimal brightness level and not great contrast but all others pretty nice. Good design, good, stand, good colors, and games in 144hz for just 500$

Not a bad review!
Mojim chitat po ruski wink.gif

How long did it take to ship to Russia? Moscow?
post #210 of 398 Old 08-24-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:

How long did it take to ship to Russia? Moscow?

I live in Samara (~1000km from Moskow)
Im pay 3 august, 13th its was realised by Moskow customs and 15 august it was delivered my by courier. Im have big suspections its just delayed (not sended) by seller about 3-5 days because first tracks record was after ~5-7 days from paying. After that package moved very fast.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page