Dell UP2716D for Gaming - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-12-2016, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well, my first high end pc is almost done, as soon as that 1080 SC arrives, and I decide on the monitor...

I m not a competitive fps gamer and I also do some occational photography work and video production so I kinda steered clear from tn, high refresh monitors. Though working with ips for ages I have no idea how far Tn panels have come, or how much different the experiance would be with a proper gaming monitor(say tn 144hz/gsync etc)
So looking for a 2560X1440 ips 27" monitor, after a lot of research and rather limited budget to go for predators, rogs and stuff, I ended between these 2: The dell UP2716D and the lg 27MB85R-B
Any opinion on these 2? Very little info on their gaming performance, granted they are not meant for this but stil have some more than satisfactory aspects such as surprisingly low input lag at their class...Any other option at this price range and bellow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-12-2016, 01:07 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 308
The Dell is a wide gamut monitor which is a colossal waste of money if not calibrated and used with programs which support color management. It has fine gaming performance (low input lag and minimal ghosting), but the only way to prevent colors from being very over-saturated and inaccurate is to use its sRGB mode which has locked color controls and worse image quality compared to normal monitors like the LG.

If you have 600$+ to waste on the Dell you're better off spending it on the Asus MG279Q which is 144hz.
ToTheSun! likes this.

Google (insert monitor) review before making a thread about it. Research (Google) before buying a monitor and then asking if it is good.

10 Bit Monitors: 99% are 8 bit+FRC and AMD Quadro or Nvidia Firepro gpu's are required to send+receive a true 10 bit signal. 10 bit consumer content (games, movies TV) does not exist.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-12-2016, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

That asus is an amazing choice but unfortunately due to stock limitations and generally weirdass market in my country, it's almost 1000 in dollars -_-

I m aware of what wide gamut means but it was actually cheaper(see above) than the more well known U2715H, use same panel and have low latency too so I went there...

I have read some weird stuff for the LG(such as buzzing noises on 220V current, unable to be awaken with keyboard/mouse, excessive brightness even at 0 etc. Waiting for some repplies from lg etc on these topics and if they have been fixed on current models I ll go with it...

But as said, I m open to suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-12-2016, 01:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegm963 View Post

But as said, I m open to suggestions!
If you're going to stick to 60 Hz, why not buy the 27UD68? It's $450, and it's a very good monitor for what it claims to be. Prad gave it a sehr gut.

Translated from prad.de:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Conclusion

With a prime overall performance, the LG 27UD68-W can convince us consistently. The image quality is outstanding and what LG allows here for a price of about 550 euros, is sheer madness. With a contrast of 1059: 1 and 99% coverage of the sRGB color space (before and after calibration) the promised values ​​are complied with. From factory, the usage is already set reasonable, after calibration its potential can then but the full. For EBV there is a clear recommendation. The fact that a monitor in this price range reached such a color purity, is amazing. The image homogeneity , although only satisfactory, but also high-end graphics monitors achieve without switched-uniformity image stabilizer usually not much better result. In addition, the monitor operates in brightness reduction with no PWM, which even at reduced brightness allows fatigue-free working.

The quality of workmanship and design are great succeeded. Merely shaking the vulnerability and the lack of ergonomic features must be noted. Alternatively, however, a wall or a rotating arm can be chosen as a form of attachment.

For an IPS monitor with 5ms response time at 60 Hz, the performance offered in gaming is consistently appealing. Although it does occur in the highest stage overdrive artifacts and ghosting, are measured values ​​of 4.4 ms (GtG), 3.4 ms (CtC) and a latency of 7.9 ms (3.1 ms + 4.8 ms) impressive. In the middle stage, the image quality is optimal and the times only slightly worse (8.3ms GtG, 7.2 ms and 10.5 ms latency CtC). Should certainly not a high-end gaming monitor, but an all-rounder who is also ambitious players satisfy.

Overall, earnings in these services can of course only "VERY GOOD" turn and of course the LG 27UD68-W receives from the editors a strong buy recommendation.

Overall result: VERY GOOD

post #5 of 5 Old 06-12-2016, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

It looks fine, but it's 4K though and my experiance with it is not the best to be honest. It's also going to hammer the living soul out of my gpu and I d like it to last(performance wise) as much as possible, thats why I settled to 2K...

How this one would fare compared to those above? https://www.asus.com/Monitors/MX27AQ/overview/
Lack of height adjustment is a rather big minus thoush...

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page