Any monitor with quality as good as B173ZAN (AUO, IGZO)? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-04-2016, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
 
TK421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 155
http://www.panelook.com/B173ZAN01.0_AUO_17.3_LCM_parameter_25358.html

So as the title said, is there any monitor available to buy that's on par or better in terms of color accuracy and resolution than the one I linked above?

20 Million+ Folding at Home points 

TK421 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 07-04-2016, 06:02 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S.F Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,939
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Order a monitor from South Korea, off eBay.
Get something with the LG AH-IPS panel.

Tacoboy is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 07-04-2016, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
 
TK421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

Order a monitor from South Korea, off eBay.
Get something with the LG AH-IPS panel.

which one particularly?

20 Million+ Folding at Home points 

TK421 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 07-04-2016, 06:56 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S.F Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,939
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 117
This $350 Crossover 27" comes with an LG AH-IPS panel.
Which I believe is what Apple uses in their $1000 27" monitor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331846037052?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Apple might be cherry picking the AH-IPS panels off the assembly line.
But your still going to get a great picture.

My 27" Yamakasi uses the AH-IPS and I'm really happy with the picture quality.
Color is great and with it's small dot pitch, I can read the words while running at 2560X1440.
Even without using my reading glass, I can still read the somewhat small lettering smile.gif

The Korean sellers ship the monitors from South Korea (takes 7 days to reach California).
but they might have local companies in your area that handle warranty services.
Lots of different Korean sellers on eBay, so might check out each ones warranty services.

When I bought my Yamakasi (from Green-Sum), I knew I would not have any local (in USA) warranty services.
but I accepted the risk.
no regrets buying my monitor smile.gif

Tacoboy is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 07-04-2016, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
 
TK421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

This $350 Crossover 27" comes with an LG AH-IPS panel.
Which I believe is what Apple uses in their $1000 27" monitor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331846037052?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Apple might be cherry picking the AH-IPS panels off the assembly line.
But your still going to get a great picture.

My 27" Yamakasi uses the AH-IPS and I'm really happy with the picture quality.
Color is great and with it's small dot pitch, I can read the words while running at 2560X1440.
Even without using my reading glass, I can still read the somewhat small lettering smile.gif

The Korean sellers ship the monitors from South Korea (takes 7 days to reach California).
but they might have local companies in your area that handle warranty services.
Lots of different Korean sellers on eBay, so might check out each ones warranty services.

When I bought my Yamakasi (from Green-Sum), I knew I would not have any local (in USA) warranty services.
but I accepted the risk.
no regrets buying my monitor smile.gif

are you sure that the gamut and colorspace on that crossover is similar or better to the AUO I linked?

iirc the apple cinema and thunderbolt display have 92 or 95 while the AUO has 100%

20 Million+ Folding at Home points 

TK421 is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 07-04-2016, 11:18 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S.F Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,939
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

This $350 Crossover 27" comes with an LG AH-IPS panel.
Which I believe is what Apple uses in their $1000 27" monitor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331846037052?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Apple might be cherry picking the AH-IPS panels off the assembly line.
But your still going to get a great picture.

My 27" Yamakasi uses the AH-IPS and I'm really happy with the picture quality.
Color is great and with it's small dot pitch, I can read the words while running at 2560X1440.
Even without using my reading glass, I can still read the somewhat small lettering smile.gif

The Korean sellers ship the monitors from South Korea (takes 7 days to reach California).
but they might have local companies in your area that handle warranty services.
Lots of different Korean sellers on eBay, so might check out each ones warranty services.

When I bought my Yamakasi (from Green-Sum), I knew I would not have any local (in USA) warranty services.
but I accepted the risk.
no regrets buying my monitor smile.gif

are you sure that the gamut and colorspace on that crossover is similar or better to the AUO I linked?

iirc the apple cinema and thunderbolt display have 92 or 95 while the AUO has 100%

I really do not know a lot about the monitor you have listed.
I just know from personal experience my monitors AH-IPS panel looks really nice.
It was a really noticeable improvement over my Asus 278 27" monitor.

Last year when I researched for a new monitor, everything seem to indicate the LG AH-IPS panel is the best panel on the market.
And the Samsung S-IPS was a close second best panel.

Here is a link to Wiki about the IPS panel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel

Tacoboy is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 07-05-2016, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
 
TK421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

I really do not know a lot about the monitor you have listed.
I just know from personal experience my monitors AH-IPS panel looks really nice.
It was a really noticeable improvement over my Asus 278 27" monitor.

Last year when I researched for a new monitor, everything seem to indicate the LG AH-IPS panel is the best panel on the market.
And the Samsung S-IPS was a close second best panel.

Here is a link to Wiki about the IPS panel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel

anything in the 4k flavor with decent input lag?

20 Million+ Folding at Home points 

TK421 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 07-05-2016, 08:59 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S.F Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,939
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

I really do not know a lot about the monitor you have listed.
I just know from personal experience my monitors AH-IPS panel looks really nice.
It was a really noticeable improvement over my Asus 278 27" monitor.

Last year when I researched for a new monitor, everything seem to indicate the LG AH-IPS panel is the best panel on the market.
And the Samsung S-IPS was a close second best panel.

Here is a link to Wiki about the IPS panel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel

anything in the 4k flavor with decent input lag?

Have not looked into computer monitors that support 4K.
But I did just buy a 58" Vizio 4K TV, $700 at Costco.

Could be as computer monitors are a fair bit smaller then modern TVs.
Having 4K on a computer monitor might not make much of a noticeable improvement in picture quality.

Tacoboy is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 07-07-2016, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
 
TK421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 155
TK421 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off