How do you calibrate? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-29-2008, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Since I'm purchasing a new TV, I want to get the best colors I can. I could have geek squad do it for me, but then that means I will have to pay them 300 dollars. I'm pretty sure if i can put a computer together and overclock my video card and ram, i can calibrate a TV and not need a professional to do it. So are there guides and what what tools do i need?

Professional calibration from places like best buy seem like a huge rip off. I asked my managers would they get it and they said no. One said yes but he was just trying to get me to spend money on services.

FYI: Best buy makes money off of services and warranties, not the actual product themselves. just in case you didn't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-29-2008, 08:39 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 224
I just bought a new Samnsung 40" LCD and my neighbor brought over his calibration DVD. We ran it through the tests and I didn't have to change a thing to be perfectly calibrated with the DVD samples.

So I guess for that TV at least, it was a waste of time/effort (it took a long time).

If you are overclocking, read this please.... http://www.overclock.net/intel-memor...rclocking.html

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page