post #41 of 47 Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant;11820166 
You DO realize that you are linking a bunch of cheap monitors with a 30" monitor that costs something like 1300?

I don't know how old you are. Somehow I remember you talking about your parents, not sure if I am thinking of the right person, but if I do, that 30" is out of the question.

Look up a bunch of reviews.. They should tell you what YOU Want in the monitor. Me? I would want a low input lag since I play fast paced FPS games. An artist? Accurate colors and a high resolution. A grandma? Something cheap and reliable...

So...is there a nice <24 inch monitor good for gaming and graphics design?

Whatever goes up, must come down. True and False.

Why? Clouds come down as rain, airplanes come down by landing @ an airport or crash because it was shot down or lost all of it's fuel.

Whatever goes down, must come up. True and False.

Why? Anything with oxygen in it is less dense so it will eventually go up. Anything without more dense than water will sink. You can't fight gravity.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 Old 12-30-2010, 12:43 PM
1.3ghz

Liked: 5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236049

5x Best Monitor Award for a 24" and its fairly cheap. Might have to look at others sites to find it though but all around a good monitor.

I have had really bad luck with LED monitors and ghosting but if you are willing to take a chance with ghosting try this one. It has lots of good reviews on it so I may have just got a defective model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...421&Tpk=bx2450

The matte finish on both of these monitors is better for graphics design than a glossy finish. This is because glossy can tend to produce false colors. Also since your gaming both these monitors have a 2ms response time. Keep in mind both of these monitors will have to be calibrated out of the box to look good.

post #43 of 47 Old 12-30-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisterman View Post
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236049

5x Best Monitor Award for a 24" and its fairly cheap. Might have to look at others sites to find it though but all around a good monitor.

I have had really bad luck with LED monitors and ghosting but if you are willing to take a chance with ghosting try this one. It has lots of good reviews on it so I may have just got a defective model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...421&Tpk=bx2450

The matte finish on both of these monitors is better for graphics design than a glossy finish. This is because glossy can tend to produce false colors. Also since your gaming both these monitors have a 2ms response time. Keep in mind both of these monitors will have to be calibrated out of the box to look good.
Thanks.

Why? Clouds come down as rain, airplanes come down by landing @ an airport or crash because it was shot down or lost all of it's fuel.

Why? Anything with oxygen in it is less dense so it will eventually go up. Anything without more dense than water will sink. You can't fight gravity.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 47 Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

How about this De-Zant? It has 2ms response time (doesn't matter to you) and has a 120Hz refresh rate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009222

post #45 of 47 Old 01-02-2011, 07:35 AM
1.7ghz

Liked: 21
post #46 of 47 Old 01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
733mhz

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Overclocker/Gamer;11862006 
How about this De-Zant? It has 2ms response time (doesn't matter to you) and has a 120Hz refresh rate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009222

Same explanation as before. That Acer monitor has a TN panel and 120hz which makes it suited for gaming purposes mainly.

If you are a hardcore gamer who solely uses your PC for gaming, this would be ideal for you. Or, you could choose one of Samsung's 120hz alternatives.

However, if you are using your monitor for spontaneous gaming, you should consider a quality monitor with an IPS panel.

post #47 of 47 Old 01-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatium;11869014 
Same explanation as before. That Acer monitor has a TN panel and 120hz which makes it suited for gaming purposes mainly.

If you are a hardcore gamer who solely uses your PC for gaming, this would be ideal for you. Or, you could choose one of Samsung's 120hz alternatives.

However, if you are using your monitor for spontaneous gaming, you should consider a quality monitor with an IPS panel.

This.

I game a lot, but also do video editing/Photoshoping, so an IPS was the best choice for me. You can get them for cheap too. The U2211H is ~$250, and HP has a few also around that price point.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page