Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 23 Old 12-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by felladium View Post

Temporarily disable ALL firewalls and try again. If it works, you need to turn the firewalls back on and open up TCP port 1723 and IP protocol number 47.
hi well im new to this and wondering how to do this
**i can ping to my ddns and also to the ip of my router
**im on another connection trying to access my vpn
**error message says: error 807 the network connection between your computer and the vpn server was interrupted this can be caused bya problem in the vpn transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your vpn server has reached capacity . please try to reconnect to the vpn server,.. if this problem persists contact the vpn administrator and alyze quality of network connectivity

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 12-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Networking Nut

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenkid View Post

hi well im new to this and wondering how to do this
**i can ping to my ddns and also to the ip of my router
**im on another connection trying to access my vpn
**error message says: error 807 the network connection between your computer and the vpn server was interrupted this can be caused bya problem in the vpn transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your vpn server has reached capacity . please try to reconnect to the vpn server,.. if this problem persists contact the vpn administrator and alyze quality of network connectivity

Follow what this guy does. Assuming there are no firewalls/security devices between you and your router, you should be fine. By "fine" I mean you shouldn't have to configure anything on your router but the VPN settings. If it still doesn't work (again, assuming no firewalls in the transit path), turn off Window's Firewall and try again. If it works, and you would like to continue using Window's Firewall, you'll need to turn it back on and allow an outbound exception for TCP port 1723. However, the default setting for Window's Firewall is to notify the user with a popup when a "threat" is detected. If you're not seeing that, chances are Window's Firewall isn't the problem.
post #23 of 23 Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by felladium View Post

Follow what this guy does. Assuming there are no firewalls/security devices between you and your router, you should be fine. By "fine" I mean you shouldn't have to configure anything on your router but the VPN settings. If it still doesn't work (again, assuming no firewalls in the transit path), turn off Window's Firewall and try again. If it works, and you would like to continue using Window's Firewall, you'll need to turn it back on and allow an outbound exception for TCP port 1723. However, the default setting for Window's Firewall is to notify the user with a popup when a "threat" is detected. If you're not seeing that, chances are Window's Firewall isn't the problem.
thanks a lot i figured out my problem was. and it was port 1723 since the auto configure in the nas route it i canceled and it was working fine after i took it out

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page