cannot seem to be able to open a port. - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-10-2016, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hello, I am very desperate at this point. While playing battlefield 4, after a while, while in game,for no apparent reason i get disconnected and i get the error 'Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.''

I have opened those ports and also all the other ports/firewall that use EA services and still cannot play a single game without being disconnected...I checked if the port is reachable using one of many available websites and it is apparently closed.. i cannot understand why. it it open on my modem. Please anyone, help.

PS: EA HELP website does not even respond.
PS: My last post was with no merit in the game section so i repost this here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-10-2016, 12:20 PM

Liked: 170
This is an outbound port requirement, not an ibound port requirement so when you scan from the outside in it will allways show as closed

Does the game work for a bit then DC, or not work at all?

If its plat for a bit then DC, its most likley an issue with your ISP, they may be traffic shaping you / dropping the traffic on purpose, if its not at all its outbound firewall rules on your gateway
fedrosishere likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thydevil go_quote.gif
AWESOME. Buy 1600 point card = $19.99. Buy two 800 point cards = $19.98
Save big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone153 go_quote.gif
Shhhh! Don't tell Microsoft. They might discover our secret.
>XXX
post #3 of 9 Old 07-10-2016, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post

This is an outbound port requirement, not an ibound port requirement so when you scan from the outside in it will allways show as closed

Does the game work for a bit then DC, or not work at all?

If its plat for a bit then DC, its most likley an issue with your ISP, they may be traffic shaping you / dropping the traffic on purpose, if its not at all its outbound firewall rules on your gateway
i can play for about 10 minutes then i get that error. so my ISP is purposefully dropping my connection? why? ill have a nice talk with them....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-11-2016, 01:05 PM

Not necessarily, but if it works for a bit, then stops, it sounds like a carrier issue

Could be aggressive traffic shaping

Quote:
Save big.
Quote:
>XXX
post #5 of 9 Old 07-11-2016, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 557
What router are you using?

And did you give your pc a static IP before setting up the port forwarding router side?

Once you configure, reboot router to make sure it takes effect.

Also do you have upnp on?

Highly doubt it is the ISP.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-12-2016, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

hi, i have the Thomson TG585 v7.

I dont think i have static Ip. dont i need to tell and pay my ISP for that? upnp is on.

Last edited by JingoFresh; 06-28-2014 at 02:19 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-17-2016, 06:04 PM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 11
Use a static private ip. A public one isn't available without paying. It's setup on the router. Your router probably gives ips out in the private ip rage of either 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 AKA /24 with the default gateway being the beginning of one of those private classes. When you setup your outbound udp rule make sure it's associated with the static ip you assigned on for your computer.

You can run a cmd prompt ipconfig /all and note your IP address and default gateway, paying attention that it matches one of the private IP shcema's I just went over (Again: 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x). Write it down and just match your port rule in your routers interface to the static ip.

Also don't forget to go to your network adapter and under tcp/ipv4 properties configure it to be static using the IP, and subnet I went over and the default gateway from your ipconfig window. If you really need more detailed steps I'd recommend portforward.com. They probably already have a guide for your router/game config.

post #8 of 9 Old 07-18-2016, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooginater View Post

Use a static private ip. A public one isn't available without paying. It's setup on the router. Your router probably gives ips out in the private ip rage of either 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 AKA /24 with the default gateway being the beginning of one of those private classes. When you setup your outbound udp rule make sure it's associated with the static ip you assigned on for your computer.

You can run a cmd prompt ipconfig /all and note your IP address and default gateway, paying attention that it matches one of the private IP shcema's I just went over (Again: 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x). Write it down and just match your port rule in your routers interface to the static ip.

Also don't forget to go to your network adapter and under tcp/ipv4 properties configure it to be static using the IP, and subnet I went over and the default gateway from your ipconfig window. If you really need more detailed steps I'd recommend portforward.com. They probably already have a guide for your router/game config.

when setting static IP's its better to add a DHCP reservation and not do it through windows, else may create accidental collisions

Quote:
Save big.
Quote:
>XXX
post #9 of 9 Old 07-18-2016, 11:35 AM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post

when setting static IP's its better to add a DHCP reservation and not do it through windows, else may create accidental collisions

I thought I said that with mentioning to set it up through the router but it doesn't hurt to iterate the point further for the uninitiated. Thank you.
Ulquiorra likes this.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page